Which Saber Style is better and Why?

Which Saber Style is better and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Saber Style is better and why?

• Single, Dual, Double-Bladed, Who the F**K cares

Single. In the movies, you only ever see one guy with a double and one seen where someone uses two. Besides that, everyone just uses single lightsabers, and the other two are supposed to be rare exceptions. Besides, I always feel more badass killing someone with one saber when they have two.

2 sabres because you can have double the amount of crystals you usually have.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Watch Empire Strikes Back the beginning of the battle at the end of it between Luke and Vader is the best saber fight in all of Star Wars in my opinion. I love it when Vader rapidly parries all Luke's blows and then twirls the saber out of his hands.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

• 4 weeks later...

First off, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT POLL, only one choice, hmmmmmmmm that's really gonna work.

Secondly, i prefer the single saber style, since it is the image in my head from the original starwars movies, and (at least in jediacademy) it offers the most versatility.

Lastly, next time, if u do a poll, put more than one choice in. It might work better. U never know giv it a try.

Let`s just analyze...

One Saber - classical, when using feat gains +3 AC, the game isn`t hard.

Saber Staff/Double-Bladed Saber - more dmg, penalties to Attack Rolls withot feat

Two Lightsaber - more damage than one saber(x2), penalties to Attcak Rolls without feat, We may have difirent crystals for both sabers

I`ll play with one saber, but Two Sabers are preharps better choice, who knows.

Firstly, it should be single because the others are incredibly rare and hard to use. There are only a couple saber staff users...ever. There's also no record i can think of of someone using 2 sabers.

however, due to the prominance and ease (which is a mistake i think) of the multi-blades (staff and two sabers), they are better overall. Because staff's animations look lame (according to many, not just myself), and I feel better using two weapons, I'd go with 2 sabers.

Besides you can get that whole crystal diversity of a stunner in one hand and damage in the other (usually you put the damage saber in the right hand).

About dueling, defense doesn't really matter by the end of the game. You kill all small people with one hit anyway and Malak just doesn't miss. maybe if you're a consular it would be useful...

Firstly, it should be single because the others are incredibly rare and hard to use.  There are only a couple saber staff users...ever.  There's also no record i can think of of someone using 2 sabers.

I agree, there should be at least some sort of feat if nothing else to to be able to master twin and double bladed lightsabers, but alas it was pick up and fight in the first game, so maybe they can impliment being Revan as the cause of being excellent in all the forms of personal combat as an excuse to making them harder this time :)

Well, i have suggestion for balance. If we want to fight better with two blades, then we`ll have to spend almost every resource we have to specialize in them(as feats).

As for the double-bladed saber - ask me. My father invented it.

There are currently seven lightsaber styles and Vapaad is most powerful of them.

Your question is wrong, you should ask what weapon is better.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

There are currently seven lightsaber styles and Vapaad is most powerful of them.

Your question is wrong, you should ask what weapon is better.

Potentially most powerful you mean...

I don't remember all off hand, but I'll give it a try. Some might be vague or maybe mixed up I'm warning you, though I think these are right.

Form I

Basic form that all are taught in academy

Form II

Saber vs Saber. Used more in the olden times when the jedi had saber using opponents.

Form III

Blaster deflection style. Most common modernly

Form IV

Uses natural agility to fight and defeat opponent

Form V

Ummm...I think more agressive style of blaster deflection

Form VI

Used by diplomats...

Form VII

Mace Windu's experemental recently created form of striking in seeming random positions and putting one's mind in a trance-like state (where one is truly deadly but gives one's self more and more to fighting the more you immerse yourself). Called Vaapad after a deadly multiple tenticled creature. This form might be POTENTIALLY the most powerful, but is hardest to learn. Not made any easier as the masters are still developing it.

I think it depends on what you are doing.

If you are a Consular, then single saber is better because (a) your chance to hit stinks, so the +3 to hit is more important, and (b ) you don't have as much vitality, so the +3 to AC is more important.

Jedi Guardians have a very high chance to hit and lots of vitality, so the advantages of 1 saber aren't as important to them, and the penalties for using dual/double weapons don't matter to them as much, either, for the same reasons.

Sentinels are in-between, so it is hazier which is better there.

Double-bladed or dual lighsabers just isnt very estheticly pleasing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Double bladed saber was cool once, and that was in the hands of Maul. His savagery matched the saberstaff style. It's very darksidey, IMO.

After saberstaffs became common carp in every starwars game, it just lost it's neatness.

Single saber. Like Obi-wan said, a weapon for a more civilized time. More finesse.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Double bladed saber was cool once, and that was in the hands of Maul. His savagery matched the saberstaff style. It's very darksidey, IMO.

After saberstaffs became common carp in every starwars game, it just lost it's neatness.

Single saber. Like Obi-wan said, a weapon for a more civilized time. More finesse.

Agreed!

There is only a small number of Saberstaff users and the only known(but not for sure) are Exar Kun, Darth Maul and maybe one or two from the EU.(Exar Kun is also from the EU, but i like him, but that doesnt matter)

Two sabers are used in desperate situations.

One saber is ellegant. And anyone who uses sbar other than the classic one is considered as "butcher" and aggressor.

And anyone who uses sbar other than the classic one is considered as "butcher" and aggressor.

Really?! Wow im going to start using double bladed sabers :ph34r: mwahahaha :lol:

Double-bladed saberS? How many hands do you have.( Or you are the old Grevous?)

Saber I meant <_<

And anyone who uses sbar other than the classic one is considered as "butcher" and aggressor.

Really?! Wow im going to start using double bladed sabers :ph34r: mwahahaha :p

Double-bladed saberS? How many hands do you have.( Or you are the old Grevous?)

Saber I meant <_<

Haven`t you considered a lightsaber collection? :lol: