Star Wars DVDs...[Ep.3 SPOILERS]

Jedi Master Dakari

I just listened to a little of the Star Wars III commentary...Lucas really has a technology fetish. It seriously sounds like he's a step away from orgasm whenever he talks about the technology that they used.

"This shot right here, where he walks through the little antechamber, it's my favorite, because the whole thing is a CGI matte painting!"

I don't know about the Evil Dead 2 commentary, but it occurs to me that having the commentary added much later is good because the cast often seem to forget stuff from the time, or get distracted, rather than just giving you the minute details. Is that what happened with the Aliens commentary?

Thought: Would it be cool to have a commentary added to Obsidian games?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is that what happened with the Aliens commentary?

Game commentaries, especially role-playing-games, would be very difficult to do. But probably do-able nonetheless.

it's my favorite, because the whole thing is a CGI matte painting!

Yeah, I personally feel that this is where the Prequel Trilogy went wrong. Instead of worrying about the story, the acting, etc. they were more worried about the beautiful CG animation and matte paintings.

CG is great, I admit. However, that comes later. When you are working with actors, and filming a movie, then that needs to be your one and only goal for that time. Leave the CG and animation up to those who's job it is. CG is a great asset when it is used to enhance the story and acting. However, the case with the PT is that they based everything vice-versa (movie around CG and the latest tech). And that is their failing.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Well, I agree with Darque about listening to the commentary. Kinda ruins the movie. I'd rather not hear Lucas or anyone dissecting the movie while I'm trying to enjoy it. I'm pretty sure that if you're not brain-dead, you can figure out that a lot of it is computer animated. And I don't care about Lucas's justification about Anakin turning so quickly because he knocked Mace Windu out a window... it was the worst part of the movie, that's all I need to know. If he wants to make some commentary, have a separate interview on disc 2. But, hey, at least you don't have to deal with the commentary unless you turn it on... that's a plus.  :rolleyes:

Listen to the Ghostbuster Commentary. Funniest thing ever, nearly as good as the film!! (I know its not Star Wars, but hey)

If any of you have seen the comedy series Black Books, the DVD commentaries are at least as funny as the show itself.

I can say the same thing about 'Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn' . There is a commentary track with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell that had me in stitches!

I third this subject with Evil Dead 1 comment track by mister Boomstick himself, Bruce Campbell.

"I bet it's saturday night after some rave, or wherever you young guys go to, and you're playing some silly drinking game while watching this. Boys will be boys, eh?"

Not the exact quote, but you can imagine how different the movie felt.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think the RotS commentary would have worked out better if ALL of the talkers had been there at the same time, instead of having a bunch of separate groups and then someone editing them all talking together. We would probably have heard a lot more relevant stuff and them actually talking about the moobie instead of throwing in random comments.