Call of Duty 2

Krookie

I don't have it, nor did I play it. But a reviewer from another gaming site wrote a comment underneath my Quake 4 review saying that Call of Duty 2 was the game to spend your money on instead of Quake 4. Call of Duty 2 is easily the FPS of the month, according to him.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not big on these shooter types so I was curious, can you play games like Call of Duty as a single player? Or does it lose a lot of its appeal if you don't play online or multiplayer?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not big on these shooter types so I was curious, can you play games like Call of Duty as a single player?  Or does it lose a lot of its appeal if you don't play online or multiplayer?

No. If you don't really want to play online, I suggest getting Brothers In Arms. The game's storyline is unbelievable. The first Call Of Duty had some memorable moments in the single player campaign too. I've been luckey enough to be able to pick of both Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood and Call Of Duty 2 in the same week. Although Call of Duty hasn't arrived yet, it's coming November 9th...

But back to your question, I haven't played the second Brothers In Arms game online, and I still love it. The replay value is high, considering each chapter can be beatin a number of different ways. The enemy AI in the game is just about the same as anybody you could find on X-Box Live. If your going to pick up a WWII shooter this season, get Brothers In Arms.

Edited by kotorkyle

The main reason I'd rather play single player is because my computer is too crappy to play online. Sure I can play online, but at the expense of incredibly bad performance. Thus I tend to favor consoles for shooter types and tend to favor single player games over multiplayer.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

CoD 2 is a fairly linear game. Visuals aren't great. In fact they are bad. There is no physics engine. There is no real story. It's a "run run run shoot shoot shoot" game. And it's absoulately a short game. You can beat it about 10-15 hours.

If you're not a fps fan, don't buy it.

centinexx.png

CoD 2 is a fairly linear game. Visuals aren't great. In fact they are bad. There is no physics engine. There is no real story. It's a "run run run shoot shoot shoot" game. And it's  absoulately a short game. You can beat it about 10-15 hours.

If you're not a fps fan, don't buy it.

I think everyone must have there own opinion on the game. From what I've seen at GameSpot, everyone's given it an 8 or higher.

Just installed it a few minutes ago and it's an understatment to say that it's absolutley frikin awesome. >_<

What kind of computer do you have? Does it run well?

I have an average computer, do you think it'll run okay?

AMD 3000+/512MB/GeForce 6600GT - I run it on medium level graphics otherwise when I put it high, well, let's just say I have problems :wacko:>_<

• 1 month later...

Stopped for a long, long time, but I've recently started playing again. Name's "Wolf". Simple, and probably used a lot, but I never run into anybody with the name besides myself.

I suck if I don't play for an extended period. :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Stopped for a long, long time, but I've recently started playing again. Name's "Wolf". Simple, and probably used a lot, but I never run into anybody with the name besides myself.

I suck if I don't play for an extended period. :(

I just played with you. :lol:

Haven't been on since last night. :x

Most likely, I need a more unique name.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I'm in the server called "Cereal Killers" right now, if anybody wants to play. :x

- Everlast

My biggest "beef" with the game so far is that my parents got me the CD version...all 6 of them.

I don't know if there was a DVD version out there or not, but they might as well have just tossed a DVD in there as I can't imagine it having that much of an impact on the cost anyways!

Still installing :D

The British ones were much better this time around. Less lonesome SAS type experience.

I didn't like the ending as much though....the final level was meh compared to CoD's ending. I remember getting goosebumps down the stretch when we were storming the Reichstag as the Soviets.

Overall I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original. Probably because it was less "wow" because I had already received a CoD experience before :x

The British ones were much better this time around.  Less lonesome SAS type experience.

I didn't like the ending as much though....the final level was meh compared to CoD's ending.  I remember getting goosebumps down the stretch when we were storming the Reichstag as the Soviets.

Overall I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original.  Probably because it was less "wow" because I had already received a CoD experience before :)

Don't tell me the ending. I had to reinstall for some reason, and never got to play the last mission. :x

Anyway: Do you play online at all?

EDIT: Did someone make us a server? First server listing for me was: OE| Obsidian...

Edited by kotorkyle