Build of you lightsaber?

Build of you lightsaber?

What crystals and stuff goes into the 1 special lightsaber you use in the game?

Well, actually I usually dual-wield, so I have 2 special lightsabers. :o

But, it depends on the character build I'm going with at the time.

For a Weapon Master or Sith Marauder, I like to go with the high damage, increased crit chance and bonus crit damage gear. Especially ones that do different damage types, such as the Barab Ingot Ore fire damage one, or Pontite cold damage.

For an Assassin or Watchman, I like to go with the "chance to stun" gear, to maximize chances of Sneak Attack bonus damage, along with increased crit chance and bonus crit damage.

For a Jedi Master or Sith Lord, I like to use the +WIS stuff and +Blaster Deflection stuff.

And, of course, the "player name" gem, maxxed out by Kreia's conversations every few levels.

EDIT: Added spoiler tags, since this isn't the Spoiler forum.

Edited by Vashanti
evil_twin.jpg

Umm I just Max out one saber with all my best stuff and reak some havok u know what I'm saying heheheh :Pwned: <-- lol

willyoubemyfriend21az.png

Currently Awaiting KOTOR3 xD!

MSN: 1967 Dodge

"What spam lacks in quality,

It makes up in quantity"

With a Consular/Jedi Master/Sith Lord, I might have a single lightsaber with the PC's personal crystal and a Pontite crystal in it. Would leave Wisdom and Charisma both at 14 and have strength as a main attribute, which adds to lightsaber damage. (With Critical Strike, possible for damage to be doubled) Also adds to unarmed damage. (Consulars have Master Force Focus)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Interesting ... I don't think I've focused much on STR yet for the PC in any of my games. I'm usually too worried about Defense and go with Weapon Finesse (Lightsaber Finesse) and rely on the crystals and +damage items of the saber to help out with extra damage.

I think I read somewhere that using a single saber with 2hands (or using a double-bladed one?) gives a STR damage bonus (2x and 1.5x, respectively, I think? Could be wrong). STR could really pay off in that case.

For the sake of doing something different, I was planning to make a character who only uses melee weapons (not lightsabers) at some point. In that case, I was planning to focus much more on STR.

Thanks for the idea. :rolleyes:

evil_twin.jpg

Hav'nt there already been five or so of this topic?

Anyway, I always use ophilia and upari crystals. If I am dark side, I get the bad ass crystal from the cantina on Onderon. And, lets not forget the parts! That is where the real power is! Get the improved gem beam lense, the ultimate (red) power cell, and a duleing emitter, and I have gotten on saber up to 25-27! It kicked ass!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

I always use a single blue saber with bondar and pontite or how ever you spell it. I never have enough skills to get the really good parts, and bao-dur is always left behind.

I usually stop at a workbench and use the button to change party members to bring along Bao-Dur (or possibly T3) to make some nifty upgrades. Same with armor's regen underlays: I grab out whichever party member has the highest overall Treat Injury skill.

:rolleyes:

evil_twin.jpg

Some differences between an LS character and a DS character would be in terms of force powers. A Sith Lord PC might be concerned about not having physical damage reduction which a Jedi Master may have like Force Barrier. Flurry tends to work with a DS Sith Lord PC considering the force point cost penalty for using Force Barrier (opposite alignment). It is basically a defensive feat that complements offensive DS powers.

Otherwise, I would use Critical Strike with a Jedi Master. (LS PCs use defensive force powers)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Some differences between an LS character and a DS character would be in terms of force powers. A Sith Lord PC might be concerned about not having physical damage reduction which a Jedi Master may have like Force Barrier. Flurry tends to work with a DS Sith Lord PC considering the force point cost penalty for using Force Barrier (opposite alignment). It is basically a defensive feat that complements offensive DS powers.

Otherwise, I would use Critical Strike with a Jedi Master. (LS PCs use defensive force powers)

I usually try to increase damage as much as possible. Visa kicked ass on Dxun with a lightsaber constructed to do as much damage as possible.. So much that I had to let my alter ego have it, offcourse!!

I can't remember which one it was but there is this one part that lowers your deflection but increases damage. Then I compensate for the loss of deflection and add damage with the crystals.

For my favorite build, the Jedi Sentinel/Sith Assasin, I use a double-bladed red lightsaber (the only way for a true Sith warrior), with my character's special crystal that I get in Dantooine (naturally), and the Qixoni crystal (+5 damage, 1 regen force points), ultimate Diataum energy cell (i think that's what it's called). I can't remeber the other two, only that they both don't subtract any stats.

erm, 25-27? that's not very much, my single sabre, on my last dark side game was like 16-49, and if io put the same combo of crystals into a double bladed? Yeesh, someone's is going to get it....

I use an Ultimate diatium energy cell, an improved vibration lens and the top level deflection emitter in my current double blade, and then my name crystal and an upari..... (lethal, with master jedi defence and deflect, and with the +8 to deflection i get from my sabre i dare someone to attack me with a blaster.....)

Anyway, I always use ophilia and upari crystals. If I am dark side, I get the bad ass crystal from the cantina on Onderon. And, lets not forget the parts! That is where the real power is! Get the improved gem beam lense, the ultimate (red) power cell, and a duleing emitter, and I have gotten on saber up to 25-27! It kicked ass!

Hate to break it to you, but that's really low.

That is like me using drain life on everyone to kill them (no, I do not, i use force storm, force wave, and kill, and also my lightsaber) my lightsaber isn't even fully upgraded and it is up to 36-40 dmg, i hope it had some addition stats like possible stun, maybe really high criticals, but if not, that lightsaber isn't all that.

25-27 damage? Today I just got a Saber up to X-40 and the other X-36 with several blaster deflect, fire and ice bonuses. Of course, being a level 42 helps you get some of these things. :(

And Master Fury amplifies lightsaber damage.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧