The Truth At Last...

Bobba Fett

It is the biggest reason to get the Add-on to SW Galaxies: Trials of Obiwan.

There we have it: LA canibalizing KOTOR II to have something to maintain in life-support it's MMORPG, until it's big heart (liber, lungs...) transplant instored for 2006.

With a sunking ship of a game and the present beating taked from World Of Warcraft - The MOST successful MMORPG to date, I guess they just got desperated.

It was all to clear with the news of HK-47 "showing up" in Galaxies.

Someone at LA figger out that the Droid Planet/HK-47 from KOTOR II would be just the right ingridients that a new add-on to their "Must Be Successful At All Cost" pet project had to have to be remotly interisting a few months more.

Well isn't this nice.

Maybe, just maybe, starwars games fans will get really lucky someday and the "genius" behind this "brilliant" tatic will get his but hicked out of Lucasarts and get replaced by someone with a brain.

:thumbsup:

The droid planet was cut because of time constraints. Lucasarts decided to use it (or atleast HK-47) in SW Galaxies to reap the benefits of recognition among KOTOR fans.

The two events aren't mutually exclusive.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since this is about Galaxies, I move it to the other game section.

Not before my opinion though:"

NO, they did not butcher M4-78 for Galaxies.

Kotor2 was delivered in December 2004, and this expansion in October/November 2005. Quite a fore-sight then, eh?

Besides; even if they use HK-47 they don't have a droid planet in the expansion (or do they?) so why cut a planet for another game where you won't use that planet?

This has been bugging me since I wrote it. Is it they ARE mutually exclusive, or ARE NOT mutually exclusive?

Even though I was good at math that was the one thing I always got docked points for on my exams. I'd have no problem solving the equation but when it came to that final conclusion statement I'd always get it wrong.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The droid planet was cut because of time constraints.  Lucasarts decided to use it (or atleast HK-47) in SW Galaxies to reap the benefits of recognition among KOTOR fans.

You're correct.

'The two events aren't mutually exclusive.' = 'It's possible that both are true.'

(I get confused by flammable, inflammable and uninflammable. :thumbsup: )

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Star Wars was corrupted by the dark power of Hollywood. Or something.

And the fact that G Lucas is a weiner. An actual weiner. An Oscar Meyer weiner. With mustard. And onions. And salsa relish. Wait, no that was my dinner.

I apologise.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

more sci-fi than fantasy.

Not really in order to be Sci Fi at all it would have to be built on some sort of scientific principles ,even if they are theoretical.

Star Wars is just made up stuff. In Star Wars things just work, so it dosnt qualify.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually no. The focus of star wars is the force and the force is that settings version of magic. Since magic is the focus of star wars and magic is the keystone elements of fantasy, Star Wars is fantasy. take away the starships you have the same basic story of the Star Wars but take away the Froce and the story crumbles to dust.

Not really in order to be Sci Fi at all it would have to be built on some sort of scientific principles ,even if they are theoretical.

Star Wars is just made up stuff. In Star Wars things just work, so it dosnt qualify.

Star wars might be sci-fi with fantasy elements, but it's more sci-fi than anything else. Isnt there some pseudo-scientific explanation for the jedi powers? Besides, most sci-fi (space opera at least) has stuff like pulse rifles and faster-than-light spacecrafts which dont really work or exist in real life.

Star wars might be sci-fi with fantasy elements, but it's more sci-fi than anything else. Isnt there some pseudo-scientific explanation for the jedi powers? Besides, most sci-fi (space opera at least) has stuff like pulse rifles and faster-than-light spacecrafts which dont really work or exist in real life.

You means those midichloriens ? No , nothing scientific about that not even in theory.

They do, but those things are actually based on "science"

People call it Sci Fi because it's in Space. Try calling it Sci Fi at a Sci Fi convention just for fun ;)"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You are wrong.

;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You means those midichloriens ? No , nothing scientific about that not even in theory.

People call it Sci Fi because it's in Space. Try calling it Sci Fi at a Sci Fi convention just for fun ;)"

one could argue that the midichloriens are an alien lifeform, and thus it would fall under sci-fi, but as it doesnt really matter i won't :p

The droid planet was cut because of time constraints.  Lucasarts decided to use it (or atleast HK-47) in SW Galaxies to reap the benefits of recognition among KOTOR fans.

You're correct.

'The two events aren't mutually exclusive.' = 'It's possible that both are true.'

(I get confused by flammable, inflammable and uninflammable. :devil: )

I like ignoble, myself. I think that shows true individuality of contrary expression. :)

PS Flammable and infammable are synonyms: a bit like how "head over heels" is the normal state of afairs, except when it is mentioned in an adjectival phrase (i.e. "in love" fame), in which case it implies an abnormal situation ...

I would argue that there is a continuum from witches and goblins and orcs in the fantasy end of the spectrum, to the hardcore Serenity, or even Tom Clancy-type bleeding-edge SF technical weaponry and usages.

You have a very strange (read: wrong) way of delineating your fiction. SW is Space Opera. Opera. Not SF.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You have a very strange (read: wrong) way of delineating your fiction. SW is Space Opera. Opera. Not SF.

If it has magic and swords, its Fantasy

If it has spaceships, its Sci-Fi

:devil:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

People call it Sci Fi because it's in Space. Try calling it Sci Fi at a Sci Fi convention just for fun :devil:"

one could argue that the midichloriens are an alien lifeform, and thus it would fall under sci-fi, but as it doesnt really matter i won't :)

No, you are back-forming SF from fantasy. Much the same way as Gene Roddenberry used teleportation as a method of circumventing the tedious and time consuming task of landing and taking off (remember this was 1966, three years before the moon landing), which later fans added technobable about Heisenberg compensators to allow them to work.

It's ironic that you mention midichlorians being beings: Scientologists believe that humans have their own equivalent to midichlorians (called thetans, I believe), and the founder of Scientology was L Ron Hubbard, who co-incidentally coined the term space opera.

Still, even science-illiterate GL now admits that including the midichlorian reference in the first prequel was a Bad Idea. So should you.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If it has magic and swords, its Fantasy

If it has spaceships, its Sci-Fi

:devil:

Simply simplistic for a simpleton, thanks Kaftan. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT