Fanart Topic

Thanks, :unsure:

I can't be exact in hows because the Photoshop trial period has ended, I can't even open it to check for exacturacy.

I used the "CURVE" graph ....I think it's in filters, and I think it has something to do with brightness, and colour. I didn't change the scanned graphite sketch to grey scale. I couldn't be arsed going over the whole thing with the paint tool, so I adjusted the "CURVE" to darken it, that's why some parts of the tattoo have the background colour. I don't know why it looks like it has a light source in the corner, I like it though....*scratches head* artsy realism? The black band down the side was caused by the crappyness of my scanner. :)

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I really like the look of how it turned out - even with the crappy scanner black line doodad :p

Have to say though, you used Photoshop for 30 days and used Curves while I've been using it for nearly 3 years and still haven't figured them out :ermm:8)

I've been doing some modelling recently - tried my hand at something rather ambitious.

Tell me what you think (and if you recognise it of course)

ravager1me6.jpg

As usual Zulu, your skills amaze me!

And as a Star Wars buff, I recognise that ship; it is a Victory Star Destroyer. Love the angle of it, and it looks very very good indeed. Awesomely awesome work on the shading/lighting too.

And yeah, I know the complicities of photoshop all too well. I feel your pain. :)

P.S.

Where are artists around here? Zulu, kotorfanatic, Kor Quel Droma...post something this thread is dying!

If you must know; I haven't posted anything in months, because I haven't done anything related to Star Wars in months. I've been doing Anime stuff over on my deviantArt site.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

As usual Zulu, your skills amaze me!

And as a Star Wars buff, I recognise that ship; it is a Victory Star Destroyer. Love the angle of it, and it looks very very good indeed. Awesomely awesome work on the shading/lighting too.

And yeah, I know the complicities of photoshop all too well.  I feel your pain.  :huh:

Ah no, it's a render from 3ds Max - I made the model - Max did the lighting and shading ;)

And no it isn't actually a Victory class - it's something a little more close to home (around here I mean)

Of course, the ultimate answer to the question is "Well it's supposed to be..." :p"

:)

I've done some more work on the model - rescaled some of it - but much of the work I've done since is texturing :)

Not quite complete - I need to do the "wings" and the bridge - and then I want to add some turrets

ravagert4vp5.th.jpg

ravagert5uv4.th.jpg

ravagert6sw7.th.jpg

ravagert7zo9.th.jpg

ravagert8ka0.th.jpg

:shifty:

Time for an update then!

First one of Visas (ZOMG, I'm drawing TSL characters!)

There's that time on Dxun when you send one of your party members to lead a team into the Sith tomb. I often send Visas. And then of course at the end you're confronted by three Sith...er...dudes, who try to convince you of the benefits of joining the DarK Side. I often thought that a stupid thing to say to Visas...

So, technically in that theme, I did this one -

"The Dark Side? I've been there, do your worst."

Good old Kyle Katarn quote of course...

Second one of the Handmaiden - silly picture and silly premise, but oh well.

A man from the Telosian Planetary Water Company pays a visit

Hope you all likes :)