Fanart Topic

I want you all to know I'm keeping a folder of all your work. It gives me great joy that these characters mean enough to you to spend your time outside of the game with them and It's a lot of fun to see the different takes on our cast. Keep them coming - you're all doing good stuff.

Thankyou for your encourgment Brian, for that I will do some more art for you. You are a darling Dev. :D :)

You will have a nice surprise waiting for you Brian, from me, Bas Skywalker. :p :cool:

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

SW_Cover_Final.jpg

Well, to perhaps inspire you further...I've attached the the cover I did for "Tips & Tricks" without any of the type covering it. The art director at the magazine requested that I incorporate the KOTOR2 characters into the origianl movie poster for Star Wars. It seemed easy enough, but it proved to be a challenge in the end. I had a little help from David Espinoza who rendered out the ships for me and I placed them in one at a time to create the same pattern the the original poster had. The director also asked that the Luke spot be filled with one of the optional player heads, so I chose the head that looked like a typical jedi from the newer films. I'll ask the powers that be if I can post the image as a desktop for download. I set one up in a horizontal format for desktop use internally, so it should just be a matter of finding a spot for it here somewhere. But we'll see.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

Very nice, but it looks somewhat empty. I understand you had to keep the set of the original poster, but I think the poster cries for more characters.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's margins are wider than usual because it was for a magazine. They need a lot of bleed in order to have more freedom in laying out the cover. When cropped it has a much better compostion and in my opinion sits well with the amount of characters present.

"Haven't got an enemy in the world. Too lazy to make 'em" - The Reluctant Dragon

Ah, I didn't know that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Great work! :blink:

Looks quite similar to the ANH posters, but I don't think there were so many enemy fightrers. Nevertheless, the artwork is great and probaly it looks better that way.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Great work!  :blink:

Looks quite similar to the ANH posters, but I don't think there were so many enemy fightrers. Nevertheless, the artwork is great and probaly it looks better that way.

The fighters are nearly placed one for one from the original.

I haven't seen that poster from a long time or maybe I mistake it with another poster. Still the picture is quite nice.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

post-7-1136825100_thumb.jpg

Well, to perhaps inspire you further...I've attached the the cover I did for "Tips & Tricks" without any of the type covering it. The art director at the magazine requested that I incorporate the KOTOR2 characters into the origianl movie poster for Star Wars. It seemed easy enough, but it proved to be a challenge in the end. I had a little help from David Espinoza who rendered out the ships for me and I placed them in one at a time to create the same pattern the the original poster had. The director also asked that the Luke spot be filled with one of the optional player heads, so I chose the head that looked like a typical jedi from the newer films. I'll ask the powers that be if I can post the image as a desktop for download. I set one up in a horizontal format for desktop use internally, so it should just be a matter of finding a spot for it here somewhere. But we'll see.

SO when you going to start on Kotor3 art work hehe.. just kidding, I know... sure would be nice to see something stated on when and if LA is going to do it or not....

Well, to perhaps inspire you further...I've attached the the cover I did for "Tips & Tricks" without any of the type covering it.

Hey! I asume you did that in Painter, would you mind exporting and sharing your custom palette? :blink:)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I did use Painter, but I didn't use a custom palette. I just picked color by eye. unless you were limited to a number of colors, why would anyone use a custom pallette?

That pic is awesome.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's a nice image. It would make a good desktop theme. ;)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 2 weeks later...

Jasus, I missed something and a half when I was away. :)

I'm in awe!

Sorry I've been away so long - I've been busy with college and also doing fan-fic writing :huh::wub:"

I also haven't got round to doing any art recently - though last night I did draw a kind of concept piece based on X-Wing Alliance actually - this is what I've done so far - a possible idea of what Ace Azzameen might look like - it's not quite done, I may add Emon and Aeron (or at least try to) into the background. Not sure yet :)

post-13365-1137804281_thumb.jpg

Cheers :D

Well you know of the X-Wing Series, surely? The Star Wars space-combat sims, probably the best loved old Star Wars games of them all - I would say probably most successful if not for Battlefront I&II (oh, and just maybe KOTOR I&II as well...)

Well it went "X-Wing", then the frankly brilliant "TIE Fighter", then the sorta Multiplayer-only "X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter" and then, finally, "X-Wing Alliance" - though it was released in 1999, I'll give you that... :)

Funny how you picked the Jesus head. Since it has a very Godly look to it. :D

Edited by Wild Storm