Fanart Topic

Tell your sister...good stuff :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for another art topic actually - I need opinion on these two, none of them actually turned out how I wanted - you could say that a picture that meets them all half-way there is actually what I imagined. But I'd like to know what other people think :)

post-13365-1131038302_thumb.jpg

And the "second attempt"

post-13365-1131038374_thumb.jpg

Tell your sister...good stuff :)

I've been waiting for another art topic actually - I need opinion on these two, none of them actually turned out how I wanted - you could say that a picture that meets them all half-way there is actually what I imagined. But I'd like to know what other people think :)

And the "second attempt"

Wow, those are amazing! I love the first pic-the detail on the saber is excellent :devil:

Wish I could draw like that *sigh

Welcome, TT! You should hang out here more often. Keep an eye on your little sister, you know? :D (And DL - I am not implying that you are immature in any way... :devil::) :ph34r: )

Zulu - Good stuff! I especially like the coloring on LS Revan's hair. Superb work! As for the second pic, a little contrast in color between Revan and the background might have been better, what do you think?

Contrast as in make her stand out more? Wasn't the effect I was going for to be honest - she's supposed to be semi-transparent anyway, with the darker bits becoming nearly invisible - perhaps I could work on that to make it more obvious.

Cheers for the comments anyway :thumbsup:

DL thanks you all. She's currently being silly and is refusing to post anywhere apart from on WoT as she wants to keep her post count at 999 because "it looks cool" and because she wants to avoid being mentally disturbed - apparently.

Lame.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

DL thanks you all. She's currently being silly and is refusing to post anywhere apart from on WoT as she wants to keep her post count at 999 because "it looks cool" and because she wants to avoid being mentally disturbed - apparently.

I think she'd appear more mentally disturbed for wanting to keep it that way that badly. ;)" :p

Edited by Mothman

she's supposed to be semi-transparent anyway, with the darker bits becoming nearly invisible - perhaps I could work on that to make it more obvious.

Ah... I see now where you are going with that pic. Good concept. If you are still thinking about revision, maybe implement the pic so that the explosion is actually reflected by Revan's armor and the left half of Revan (which is to our right) would then gradually disappear into the shadows. Don't know if you caught all that gibberish, but I tried... :devil:

Ah... I see now where you are going with that pic. Good concept. If you are still thinking about revision, maybe implement the pic so that the explosion is actually reflected by Revan's armor and the left half of Revan (which is to our right) would then gradually disappear into the shadows. Don't know if you caught all that gibberish, but I tried... :devil:

i agree with that suggestion.

Unfortunately the explosion - great on-going fire really - is not the primary lightsource for Revan - the fire is, oh, five or ten plus miles away. Unfortunately the rest of her face cant really fade into anything because there's nothing for it to fade into - it's all just black behind that bit - perhaps I'll extend something or create something so there is something it can properly disappear into.

Unfortunately the explosion - great on-going fire really - is not the primary lightsource for Revan - the fire is, oh, five or ten plus miles away. Unfortunately the rest of her face cant really fade into anything because there's nothing for it to fade into - it's all just black behind that bit - perhaps I'll extend something or create something so there is something it can properly disappear into.

How about a faint red glow about her outline (as I presume Revan here is DS). The red would work against the two shades of darkness?

Just an idea :p

Tell your sister...good stuff :devil:

I've been waiting for another art topic actually - I need opinion on these two, none of them actually turned out how I wanted - you could say that a picture that meets them all half-way there is actually what I imagined. But I'd like to know what other people think :thumbsup:

And the "second attempt"

Those look good. :wub:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester