Invasion, surface, threshold or supernatural?

random evil guy

now that battlestar galactica and stargate are off until january, i need my weekly dose of sci fi from somewhere else. which of these new shows do you prefer and why?

edit:

...and don't mention lost, because it just annoys me. tedious, no progress and a ton of unanswered quastions. bah!

Edited by random evil guy

Invasion - watchable, decent acting, nothing super-special tho.

Surface - horrible acting that made it impossible for me to even notice whether or not the actual show was any good. Stopped watching.

Haven't seen the other two.

With Lost, I think it has one of the worst cases of the 'to be continued forever so we have to stretch out every plot point for miles' syndrome.. like soap operas. Tho of course, they're all like that to some degree. <_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like Threshold. You can never go wrong with Brent Spiner. I also watch Supernatural. It isn't a bad twist of the supernatural thrillers. Its kind of like the old Dark Matter campaign setting. Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer without the humor and the over the top theatrics.

Shows I currently watch: Lost, Smallville, BG, Rome, and House. So I dunno.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Threshold: Alien probe visits merchant marine ship and sends a signal that mutates the crew. Some crew members die, others don't. Those who didn't die seek to replicate the signal to mutate more humans into them.

A government agency is put together and to find and neutralize those who have become exposed to the signal and find out why the alien probe showed up and where it is now. Brent Spiner plays as one of the scientists.

NCIS is a very good show. :devil:

Edited by Hades_One

I've caught a few episodes of Surface. It's not that great, but I do like it better than Supernatural.

So Oerwinde, do you think this is the last season for Smallville? I think the well is getting pretty dry . And Tom Wopat is guest starring on tonights episode. At least Lois will be running around in a bikini... :lol:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I remember when the first season came out the producers said that if they ever had Clark flying you would know they have run out of ideas. Well he didn't jump to catch that rocket two episodes ago, so read into it what you will.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thing is they set themselves to be so limited in their scope that I am surprised they haven't reached this point in the third season. I think they need to continue to focus on the Superman mythos and expand it. Smallville might need a title change if they do.

Thing is they set themselves to be so limited in their scope that I am surprised they haven't reached this point in the third season.  I think they need to continue to focus on the Superman mythos and expand it.  Smallville might need a title change if they do.

it's not completely dry just yet. i liked the fact that clark have met both aquaman and the flash.

Thing is they set themselves to be so limited in their scope that I am surprised they haven't reached this point in the third season.  I think they need to continue to focus on the Superman mythos and expand it.  Smallville might need a title change if they do.

i think it's ridiculous because he isn't even 'superman' yet and he has done thousands of things more amazing and in better special effects than 'superman'. they should just ditch the previous superman franchise and make their own version of it with the same name: superman.

I've caught a few episodes of Surface.  It's not that great, but I do like it better than Supernatural. 

So Oerwinde, do you think this is the last season for Smallville?  I think the well is getting pretty dry .  And Tom Wopat is guest starring on tonights episode.  At least Lois will be running around in a bikini... :)

Well... I was thinking it was going ok until the vampire episode. Theres the possibility for some interesting stories with Brainiac in there now. I am getting tired of the whole "I can't tell Lana, she'll think I'm a freak and hate me forever" crap Clark keeps spouting, even though whenever one of his friends finds out they're totally cool about it. Even Lex for that one episode he knew about it. He just needs to bite the bullet and tell her so we can stop groaning at her bitching about his secrets and his moaning about how its so hard keeping secrets from her.

Anyway, who do you think should be the next DC universe cameo? I'm surprised they haven't even mentioned Bruce Wayne. It would be easy enough to just slip in a couple references to Wayne Enterprises.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've caught a few episodes of Surface.  It's not that great, but I do like it better than Supernatural. 

So Oerwinde, do you think this is the last season for Smallville?  I think the well is getting pretty dry .  And Tom Wopat is guest starring on tonights episode.  At least Lois will be running around in a bikini... :thumbsup:

Well... I was thinking it was going ok until the vampire episode. Theres the possibility for some interesting stories with Brainiac in there now. I am getting tired of the whole "I can't tell Lana, she'll think I'm a freak and hate me forever" crap Clark keeps spouting, even though whenever one of his friends finds out they're totally cool about it. Even Lex for that one episode he knew about it. He just needs to bite the bullet and tell her so we can stop groaning at her bitching about his secrets and his moaning about how its so hard keeping secrets from her.

Anyway, who do you think should be the next DC universe cameo? I'm surprised they haven't even mentioned Bruce Wayne. It would be easy enough to just slip in a couple references to Wayne Enterprises.

bruce wayne or maybe one of the green lanterns, but the former wouldn't be much of a stretch. some sort of entanglement with lex' company...