Impeach Bush?

WITHTEETH

Yes the stated rationale was proved false; since when does international politics deal in stated truths? It's like the US government indicting Al Capone, the biggest illicit bootlegger during Prohibition, extortionist, mastermind murderer and organised criminal boss, for tax evasion: it's just a means to an end.

I agree. It's funny to hear people say,"Oh! WOwzers! Saddam Hussein should still be in power. U.S. intervened incorrectly and now this really bad guy is out of power and that is bad. very bad. WOWserzs!"

Okay, so the U.S. may not be justified to invade Iraq, but it already happened. So now what? Well, it is wise to argue the war so that it doesn't happen again in the future. But why argue that it should stop now when it is already so far in progress?and if the U.S. left now, then it would just be worse off.

We should make the best of the situation starting now, no matter how or why it escalated to the state it is now.

Why does it matter?  :devil:

Differential treatment?

Well, yes, I just fail to see why the man's sex life matters. Just like with Clinton...It's nobody's business but his.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, yes, I just fail to see why the man's sex life matters. Just like with Clinton...It's nobody's business but his.

I was actually focusing on the media aspect, but I guess one reason that presidents' sex lives matters is that for Christians sex is forbidden outside the sanctuary of marriage and America is still a heavily Christian country.

I was actually focusing on the media aspect, but I guess one reason that presidents' sex lives matters is that for Christians sex is forbidden outside the sanctuary of marriage and America is still a heavily Christian country.

Payin' attention, Mothy? :lol:"

Yes, I know, on both counts...just irks me when people have to get so damned nosey about other people's affairs.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Payin' attention, Mothy? :lol:"

Yes, I know, on both counts...just irks me when people have to get so damned nosey about other people's affairs.

Well. The presidency is a public office. If I am self-employed, I doubt anyone would kick a fuss about whatever freak show I put on in my private life.

Though I guess even past greats like Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln couldn't stand spotless under the kind of scrutiny today's public figures are constantly under, but maybe it isn't such a bad thing in the end.

Depends on who are the victims.  If the victims were US citizens I would most certainly take action.  I am an American and no American should be treated like that by their own government.  I would act, even if it would put my life at risk.  If it happened in a different country it would be not my affair.  If it happened, lets say France of all places, since I am not French it not my place to dictate what the response of the French people would do.  I would hope that they would fight such atrocities as much as possible but ultimately that is the French's problem and not the US's.  Now if the French regime invaded the US then we should get involved, wipe out without mercy the French regime who had the audacity to attack us, then come home.

Congratulations, you have just encapsulated aparthied! Now try to reduce it down to a haiku for bonus points!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Payin' attention, Mothy? :p"

Well. The presidency is a public office. If I am self-employed, I doubt anyone would kick a fuss about whatever freak show I put on in my private life.

Though I guess even past greats like Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln couldn't stand spotless under the kind of scrutiny today's public figures are constantly under, but maybe it isn't such a bad thing in the end.

I wasn't aware that Lincoln was an adulterer.

The ehtical point in question is if a person cheats in one aspect of their life (marital fidelity) then why should they be trusted in another; or, to put it another way, once a cheat, always a cheat.

I'm not agreeing with the point, mind you, as I feel it is over-simplistic; I am just stating it here for general erudition.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I find myself regretting being born in a particular state (FL)...and despising the one I currently reside in (IN).

Oh, and to Raph..."You damned fringe world yokels are all alike." - General Edmund Duke, Starcraft  :thumbsup:

evilshrub2.jpg

1957Enemy.jpg

nuclear_blast.jpg

....oooohhhh pooor camel jockies......

Naaah you can't be real, noone is that ****ed up.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Seconded. Enthusiastically seconded.

- Everlast

Depends on who are the victims.  If the victims were US citizens I would most certainly take action.  I am an American and no American should be treated like that by their own government.  I would act, even if it would put my life at risk.  If it happened in a different country it would be not my affair.  If it happened, lets say France of all places, since I am not French it not my place to dictate what the response of the French people would do.  I would hope that they would fight such atrocities as much as possible but ultimately that is the French's problem and not the US's.  Now if the French regime invaded the US then we should get involved, wipe out without mercy the French regime who had the audacity to attack us, then come home.

Congratulations, you have just encapsulated aparthied! Now try to reduce it down to a haiku for bonus points!

Much racial hatred

Tears apart South Africa

Humanity cries.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Anyways, Why do people insist on these guys confront the public with there personal affairs? That is morally wrong in my book. If a man on my crew is a good worker, hes a good worker, i don't care if he is a cheater, as long as hes not cheating me.

well, with clinton it was because he was sued for sexual harrassment. they went back over the testimony and discovered he'd lied about an affair. it wasn't about making his personal life public, it was something a little deeper.

as far as kennedy, i could care less. i find it funny, actually...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

No mod hat on, I think nuking the Middle East shouldn't even be joked about. Nuking anywhere other than LV 462 and my sock drawer shouldn't be joked about. Unless, y'know the joke was clever and original. Or had goblins in it. I love jokes about goblins.

Thinks: this must be what going mad feels like.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No mod hat on, I think nuking the Middle East shouldn't even be joked about. Nuking anywhere other than LV 462 and my sock drawer shouldn't be joked about. Unless, y'know the joke was clever and original. Or had goblins in it. I love jokes about goblins.

Thinks: this must be what going mad feels like.

I'd prefer nuking the world, but that's cynical depressing me talking. :ph34r:

Impeachment is a possibility... given that bush held prisoners in Guantanamo bay without giving them a proper trial for longer than 90 days. or even charging them with a crime. Technically that is breaking the law thus he can be arrested and put on trial for it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

Growing dissent over US Iraq policy

But the administration's approach has also been questioned by Republicans like Senator Chuck Hagel.

"Trust and confidence in the United States has been seriously eroded," he said.

"We are seen by many in the Middle East as an obstacle to peace, an aggressor and an occupier. Our purpose and power are questioned."

At a news conference in South Korea, Mr Bush was asked if he agreed with Mr Hagel that questioning the reasoning for war was patriotic - or with Mr Cheney.

He shot back "the vice-president".

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

At a news conference in South Korea, Mr Bush was asked if he agreed with Mr Hagel that questioning the reasoning for war was patriotic - or with Mr Cheney.

He shot back "the vice-president".

I don't, even after reading the article, understand the significance of that blurb