Longest playing time

Since I don't work or go to school, lead a so-called quiet life (by choice), and have a very patient & understanding husband who has his own time-consuming hobbies, I've gone 24-30 hours all at once before. :o It's called lots of caffeine and some goal (or friends) egging you on.

I don't think I did that with this game tho....I don't play games with that kind of single-mindedness much anymore...but during my Doom/Diablo/Diablo2 playing phases, I had some verrrry long gaming sessions, yessiree.

Just cause people occasionally play a game for an extreme period of time, doesn't mean they do it every single day and 'have no life'. I hate that assumption.

Anyway, with Kotor2, I think it was about 12-15 consecutive hours tops...more typically, 5-7 hours a day during the first couple play thru's. After that, it dwindled down to about 2-4 hours a day, then...well, y'know how it goes. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What I found made my play sessions go a long time was that "just ONE more mission" impulse that hits whenever you want to solve just one more mission, or just one more level.

I've often found myself saying "I'll shut this off after this mission" only to complete the mission and begin the next "quest" and say "Okay, I'll shut it off after THIS one". Rinse and repeat a half dozen more times and suddenly it's 7 am.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've done the odd overnighter. Once I think on KOTOR II.

Long time ago a friend and I did Doomdarks Revenge for a weekend in shifts and clocked up about 45 hours. That made such an impression I can still remember the "Watchwords of Midnight".

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What I found made my play sessions go a long time was that "just ONE more mission" impulse that hits whenever you want to solve just one more mission, or just one more level.

I've often found myself saying "I'll shut this off after this mission" only to complete the mission and begin the next "quest" and say "Okay, I'll shut it off after THIS one".  Rinse and repeat a half dozen more times and suddenly it's 7 am.

Yeah, I've found myself saying stuff like that a few times. Most of the time I just force myself off of the couch and shut it off.

Getting addicted to a freshly bought new game is such a wonderful thing!! I don't think I could handle playing for more than 4 hours my eyes would hurt to much.

Did you guys hear about the guy who died playing video games, it was I think a couple of months ago, played 2 days straight and died :)

yup

Getting addicted to a freshly bought new game is such a wonderful thing!! I don't think I could handle playing for more than 4 hours my eyes would hurt to much.

Did  you guys hear about the guy who died playing video games, it was I think a couple of months ago, played 2 days straight and died  :lol:

yup

Yeah, some dude quit his job to play more games, got to 50 hours of Halo, and died of a brain anurism.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Yes this is sad but besides the time i have had the game on pause about an hour i played KotOR 2 for 41 hr and 28 min. I just got done with KotOR1for the third time with the time of 44hr and 20 min. I know you guys think i'm crazy but you have to save the moment. Think of it like this the longer you play the more realistic it feels cause you know it didn't take exile 10 hr to get to peragus and trayus core. Another way I thiught of it was if you play about 44 hr or more Its like paying one dollar a min or 44hr = 44 minutes of game play. Menataly it feels like you are getting your moneys worth. And the longer you play the more observant you are. Savering the moment while playing KotOR or K2 is the best thing I have ever done in a video game. I would never do it to any other game in the world. You guys just don't know how much I love it :o And yes i do have friends and a life kind of, im in the marching band so that kind of takes over :blink:

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

:huh:
31 hrs and 40 minutes NOOB!! what now?!

Unless you have a very uneventful life, lack of friends, and other social incapablities, I highly doubt that.

ahahahha! not straight but over like a 5 day period? like 6 hrs a day and ya I got friends :o

That explains it then. I think when whoever started the thread asked the question, they meant sitting in a chair and playing for how ever many hours, only for bathroom breaks and eating. Sorry if I seemed harsh, I've got a lot on my mind. :blink:

Ohhhh I think about 16 hrs my dad said? thats when I was addicted computers :blink:"

willyoubemyfriend21az.png

Currently Awaiting KOTOR3 xD!

MSN: 1967 Dodge

"What spam lacks in quality,

It makes up in quantity"

My longest time for KotOR I is 35hrs and 35 min.

Shotrest time 21hrs 45min(mostly because of skipped dialoge)

For KotOR II

Longest:45hrs 20min

Shrotest: 29hrs 20min

The times are not completly accurate, but are very close to the actual truth.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

My longest time for KotOR I is 35hrs and 35 min.

Shotrest time 21hrs 45min(mostly because of skipped dialoge)

For KotOR II

Longest:45hrs 20min

Shrotest: 29hrs 20min

The times are not completly accurate, but are very close to the actual truth.

We're talking about playing for hours on end, not total game time. Like if you sit down and play for 14 hours.

Yes this is sad but besides the time i have had the game on pause about an hour  i played KotOR 2 for 41 hr and 28 min. I just got done with KotOR1for the third time with the time of 44hr and 20 min. I know you guys think i'm crazy but you have to save the moment. Think of it like this the longer you play the more realistic it feels cause you know it didn't take exile 10 hr to get to peragus and trayus core. Another way I thiught of it was if you play about 44 hr or more Its like paying one dollar a min or 44hr = 44 minutes of game play. Menataly it feels like you are getting your moneys worth. And the longer you play the more observant you are. Savering the moment while playing KotOR or K2 is the best thing I have ever done in a video game. I would never do it to any other game in the world. You guys just don't know how much I love it :-  And yes i do have friends and a life kind of, im in the marching band so that kind of takes over  :(

I agree >_< I feel that you shouldn't rush a game, just to see if you can beat it in so many hours...I played KOTOR twice, and took about the same time, each game play (40+ hours). Hehehe I adore KOTOR 2 :wub:

On a second play of KOTOR 1 at the moment, although I haven't played it for about 5 days now. Think I have clocked up just short of 30 hours there...and have only one planet left to do (urgh...korriban) Trying to get Carth to talk about Dustil...never did that in the first play through.

Rushing through a game, I feel, defeats the purpose and enjoyability factor of a game...plus would give you an awful headache (w00t)

Ah, you ment the longes time I have played KotORI+II in front of my computer. Sorry for my error.

KotOR I- 12-13 hours with some breaks for my eyes.

KotOR II- Same as above 12-13 hours.

Because of this games, I have set a personal record.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I also dont' like rushing a game. One of the reasons I can rack up so much consecutive game-play time is because I spend way too much time doing things like playing with the workbench.

Or, in other games...fishing...exploring every inch of the map...hitting every single wall with the spacebar to try and find hidden rooms...(that's a Doom1 reference)...killing low lvl monsters for hours to collect enough chipped gems...etc. hehehe

I think with Kotor2, my total-game times were always around 35-40 hours. I usually blew through the intro peragus stuff in no time flat, but after that I'd move really slow...and sometimes I'd even try and extend the play time by avoiding doing certain stuff until I had nothing else to do...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts