Neverwinter Nights 2 preview

mkreku

If theyre following the standards, yes. I had hopes it would be out February 2006 but I think that was too optimistic.

But.. I know Im being very silly... I felt bad vibes when i saw the screens and the city on the picture looked more or less exactly like the town in Gothic2 *shudders*

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But it sounds like they've done a lot of progress. And for the first time I'm actually interested in the building tools. From reading that preview they sound great. I never bothered with the Neverwinter Nights tools because the game stunk so much, the engine was crappy and all you could do was square, tiny maps with rectangular generic houses placed here and there.

Edit: Spelling! Not Tori..

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I cant wait for it to be released because it means that we might be able to do modules for it as part of the education.

15 Game Design students working for 10 weeks wont be able to do much of a game from scratch or even by modifying an already existing engine, but with this we will be able to actually do full games and practise story/narrative, drama and character development instead of just the purely technical aspects.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When is "Spring 2006" in terms of sales, marketing and business standards?  I'd think that would be between March and May 2006?

If theyre following the standards, yes.

Where's the love for the Christian Orthodox Calendar?

Pope Gregory stole 11 days from us!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Something to look forward to next year whenever the release date may be.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

No worries, the important thing is the news gets spread not who spreads it.

On reflection burying the link in the NwN screenies thread probably wasnt the best thing to do.

Crap, I actually looked through that thread, quickly scanning for links, but as I couldn't see any I decided to post this here.. I found it now though, where you recommended people going to the main screen and look for a preview.

Sorry about that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Crap, I actually looked through that thread, quickly scanning for links, but as I couldn't see any I decided to post this here.. I found it now though, where you recommended people going to the main screen and look for a preview.

Sorry about that.

Like I said no worries :)

I havnt even read it yet :shifty:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]