The Useless Information Thread II

Rosbjerg

time for round two .. of the all-time favorite "THE USELESS INFORMATION THREAD" ...

today's contestents are all the members of the obsidian boards, here to share all the tidbits of useless info they have gathered over the years spanning their lives ..

who will walk away with the ultimate price?? who amongts the teaming masses of these boards will be declared "most useless"???

are you up for the challenge?? are you ready for the competition??

a poll will be made later out of the top 10 most useless pieces of information, thus granting the winner (loser?) the title of "MOST USELESS!!"

--

my contribution:

The well known myth that we swallow eight spiders a year .. is a fake!

a woman, investigation how fast such legends spread, started the rumor as part of her research .. so ironically she actually started one, which is now regarded as common fact!

looking for a link, seems the webpage I found it on once is now gone! :ph34r:

Fortune favors the bald.

It takes a week to make a jellybean.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I dont even think that qualifies as information, Miss Launch. :huh:"

Useless info:

You are actually far more likely to get attacked by a shark than hit by lightning. And they dont make fishsticks out of lightning. :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They don't make steak out of doorknobs.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Linkie?

A biologist found a cane toad mating on the road a few years ago; not much unusual except that he was returning from his journey, and the pair had been locked in flagrante delicto since he had driven up the coast; also both toads were male, and the one being copulated with was dead. In fact it was so dead, that its head was in an advanced state of putrification, having been run over by some previous road traffic.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Linkie?

Newspaper, hard to link

Not english either...

It contained info how the researcher got its inspiration though:

He was just sitting around home when he saw and Male Duck being chased by another male duck. The "chased one" crashed into the researchers window...dead.

Not that the other duck cared, it just took the dead body quite some time.

Inspired by this the researcher investigated ducks doing this and that investigation has been elected as "most useless investigation"...

Edited by Battlewookiee

Why do ostriches bury their heads in the sand? They actually don't. In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of eighty years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).

If Jesus played the lottery (religiously) every week, he would be about due to win. If Moses had played every week, he would be about due for his second win! (Does this mean Moses is luckier than Jesus? MYSTARY!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT