Ban Please

Gabrielle

I want that insufferable Authority Banned ASAP! How dare he violate my beloved Appreciation for Fionavar thread. It was merged with those inferior other threads than closed. Ban now, ban now.

ban_him.jpg

Disclaimer

Yes I am joking with you Kaftan/Authority.

Actually the signal sent by the Emperor to indicate his desire that the gladiator should be shown mercy was to hold the hand out with the thumb pointing horizontally, inward; his displeasure and the ultimate death of the gladiator was indicated by the hand in the same position giving the same gesture, except that the thumb was held between the fingers.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually the signal sent by the Emperor to indicate his desire that the gladiator should be shown mercy was to hold the hand out with the thumb pointing horizontally, inward; his displeasure and the ultimate death of the gladiator was indicated by the hand in the same position giving the same gesture, except that the thumb was held between the fingers.

Thanks, meta. :-

BTW, I did know that, so :p

Edited by Mothman

Thank you for the history lesson o' wise one. I already knew that, history being of interest to me. Obviously the American movie makers do not know how to look up facts.

Speaking of banning, whatever happened to Lawman?  Why did he get banned?  :-

I was wondering the same thing. Can someone elaborate for us?

He became the Chew I think.

... Or too boring to contribute ...

Thank you for the history lesson o' wise one. I already knew that, history being of interest to me. Obviously the American movie makers do not know how to look up facts.

Very pleased to hear it. :p

Of more concern to me than the producers (writers / directors / whatever) of Hollywood revenue streams lack of research, is the tendency of the general public to accept film narratives as de facto historical fact (I'm thinking of Oliver Stone's JFK).

In any case, I don't think it does any harm to repeat facts often and loud, so that there is no confusion ... also I find reciting facts helps me to remember them ... :cool:

Edit:

PS I love Authority. The "Mod Appreciation" thread has always been locked.

Edited by metadigital

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I thought an outstretched fist with the thumb inside the fist was the sign of mercy, while a fist with the thumb pointed toward the throat indicated death. :huh:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Did I ever tell you guys the Aristocrats joke?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

littlestory.jpg

dem little kids so cute

Thanks for the picture. I no longer have the desire to tell a joke now.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.