Gaming Consoles

Akhan225

Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?

• Playstation 2
    • Gamecube
    • X-Box
    • Personal Computer
    • Playstation
    • N-64
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • SNES
    • Gameboy Advanced (Advanced,SP, or Advanced DS)
    • PSP

Maybe this poll has already been made before, maybe not. Either way, choose your method of play.

(this was created mostlly in response to the discussion in the HALO Movie thread, which I suspect will likely be locked soon by a mod)

Edit: Sorry about the Misleading Title. I noticed it after the poll was created,. Should read "Favorite Gaming Systems" because I included handhelds and pcs.

Edit: Already PM to the Guildmaster for relocation. Please Do Not Post about moving this Poll.

Edited by Akhan225

This should be in "Computer and Console Gamming."

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hurry, everyone vote for anything other than PC.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Kinda silly to include the PC, as it can grow over time, unlike the other systems.  Is this our favorite of all time?  Because there is no NES, Genesis, Atari etc.

Limited to ten choices, so i chose ten of the more recent systems. This is to poll your favorite system as the "corrected" name implies.

GameCube? whats a Gamecube? is it a cube that has a game implanted in it that likes to hit you?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

PC

Although the "favourite" is to be taken with a grain of salt.

I still blame the PC for ruining computer gaming and killing the Commodore Amiga market, mass producing simple, braindead, dumbed down games compared to the Amiga, not to mention the awful controls and hardware limitations...

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

PC

I still blame the PC for ruining computer gaming and killing the Commodore Amiga market, mass producing simple, braindead, dumbed down games compared to the Amiga, not to mention the awful controls and hardware limitations...

The Amiga was awesome I still kept mind till about 4-5 years ago, when it just died :wub:

Obviously the PC wins if you take into account two factors. Cost , if you want one that will run games for the same cost as a console it's not going to happen. The other one is the fact that so few games work out of the box anymore without patching.

I've actually got everything on the list :D but only really been a serious console player since playing FFX.

So I'll list what I like about each.

PS2-RPGs and Strategy games which are too numerous to count. It's also the one which has the pad I find most comfortable and functional.

GC-The ability to stick on a GBA player and play GBA games as well as some really fun titles which dont take themselves too seriously. And of course Requiem. Twilight Princess should be on the list.. But it's not :( When it does get released I expect it will sell a few cubes. GC also has a lot of good titles yet to be released where as the other two are gearing up for the next gen stuff.

X box-The HD means never having to buy another memory cart. Load times are generally faster because of the HD. As for titles, really not impressed. Compared to the JRPG equivelent and the former PC equivelent they have been universally meh.. Technologically superior, although not by a lot in practice.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

PC

The first us vs them battle with the Amiga and ST owners..

I remember begging my parents to buy me an expansion so I could play Dungeon Master in all it's glory. I don't think I saw sunlight for a week I faked being sick and since they both worked I got to play the whole time during the day.

Swords of Aragon is another one I remember fondly. It's also where I got my first taste of the gold box games. I played CoK for weeks too but after Champion level on that nothing much came close in difficulty.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The first us vs them battle with the Amiga and ST owners..

Those were the days... showing those damn Jack Tramiel fanboys (of course it was conveniently forgotten that he was president for Commodore up until 1985) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*Sniff* No...no Sega Saturn? :'(

If it was there, the Saturn would win hands down for me for no reason other than NiGHTS, without a doubt the greatest game ever created. If games were cars, Alpha Centauri would be a hovercar, but NiGHTS would be the farking starship Enterprise.

But with that not present, I'd have to go for the SNES. So many great memories (and Roms :(").

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!