NWN2 Screenies

Suprised no ones picked this up, but here they are.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61426

I was reading the Lost in Blue review and I happened across them.

Edited by Authority
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There's some more up at NWN2News as well, you need to register to be able to see the Gallery though. Looking pretty good, especially the shot of the indoor fire.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I have to say those look pretty darn good. The atmosphere with the swamp is excellent and the shading in the house is very realistic. Sure they aren

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"You own NWN?"

As do a million + others.

"But I thought it hadn't been released yet?"

NWN has been released for over three years.

"My bad for thinking that everyone has a certain level of common sense."

Common sense would dictate that NWN, and NWN2 are two different games so they should be labeled as such. Afterall, when someone says they dislike NWN (or like it) are they talking about NWN or NWN2? Hmm..

Don't talk about common sense unless you are planning to use it yourself.

As for the pics, they look nice. Aren't special in that 'WOW! These are awesome!" ala JE, BL or future games like Gothic 3 or PUKE even Oblivion.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Common sense would dictate that NWN, and NWN2 are two different games so they should be labeled as such. Afterall, when someone says they dislike NWN (or like it) are they talking about NWN or NWN2? Hmm..

Don't talk about common sense unless you are planning to use it yourself.

Common sense would dictate not posting screenies for a game that has been out for ages as news. I'm sure everyone else managed to figure that one out.

When they are released then thats a different matter but as of now it's blindingly obvious.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh, Volourn.

Anyhow, this is probably the proof that no matter how elitist a gamer one is, and clamours for "gameplay" with long and philosophical posts, they are just as ready to debate on the graphics. Hell, Volourn, shouldn't you judge NWN2 by its gameplay if you want to compare it to Oblivion? No? Yes?

But then, I'm not being entirely fair. We can certainly talk about artistic merit if not the technological stratosphere of graphical memory-hogging. Based on these and other shots we saw before at nwn2news, I'd say indoor / city - so, "Human" - scenes still look very 'blocky' and unnatural, although we have more realistic houses, curbs on streets, not everything is on nice neat lines... I mean, I don't possess the artistic or graphical knowledge to describe it. But the natural environments look much, much better, IMO.

"Anyhow, this is probably the proof that no matter how elitist a gamer one is, and clamours for "gameplay" with long and philosophical posts, they are just as ready to debate on the graphics. Hell, Volourn, shouldn't you judge NWN2 by its gameplay if you want to compare it to Oblivion? No? Yes?"

You joking right?

Please tell me you joking.

It be embarassing if you ar ebeings erious.

All I said was that graphically from what we've seen of both games, Oblivion is better graphically than NWN2. That doens't mean I think Oblivion will be a better game.

Do you even read my posts on what I think of Betehsda, MW, and Oblivion.

For the record, I think Oblivion will suck no matter its graphics, and NWN2 will be awesome no matter it sgraphics.

Period.

The only reason I commented on graphics at all is because this thread is about screenshots which means the only thing able to be commented on is grpahics and possibly atmospher.e You cna't debate gameplay with these screenshots.

R00fles!

"Common sense would dictate not posting screenies for a game that has been out for ages as news. I'm sure everyone else managed to figure that one out.

When they are released then thats a different matter but as of now it's blindingly obvious."

NWN2 is not NWN1. NWN1 is not NWN2.

Common sense should dictate that. Therefore your thread title is a LIE!

NWN2 is not NWN1. NWN1 is not NWN2.

Common sense should dictate that. Therefore your thread title is a LIE!

NWN isnt NWN1 either. All I did was omit the number since your the only one having a problem coming to terms with that cant say I'm going to lose sleep over it.

Since I didnt put NWN1 screenshots it's not a lie , it's just me being lazy and crediting people with reasoning at the same time. :)

478327[/snapback]

Hades has common sense! YAY!

And, Gabrielle, don't worry about Hades. For a guy who slags NWN as much he does he sure spends a lot of time playing it and throws cash at it.

We all know he likes NWN. :(

I own NWN, and while I like the grahics just fine they don't look like that. Sorry; but you should punish your source if you think those are NWN screenies. :thumbsup:

You own NWN? But I thought it hadn't been released yet?

OMGWTFBBQ ur teh h4xx0rz!11!1

PS. Reported for piracy.

You ain't too bright boy.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Vologic really takes the cake, as always. r00fles omg.

Anyway, nice pics. This game is gonna own.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It really is quite curious how Volo always misplaces spacebar clicks when he's agitated. Chronic finger issues?

As for screens; I find them rather nice.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I haven't played NWN for months also I don't throw tons of money at it. I spent about only $100 total on the game over the course of 3 years. That is less than $3 a month, so that isn't "throwing" money. Throwing money is like spending $20 a month on a worthless MMORPG.

Do I like NWN? I was very disappointed the original OC and its rules implementation, the first two expansions were decent, and the game has superb technical support. If that is liking the game then I guess I like the game. :wub:

As for time played, I played through the OC once, and the expansions twice each, and tried one set of the premies since its release as well some online gaming for a while. I say I have logged about 250 to 300 hours on it. I still logged more time on Morrowind than I have on NWN.

The only game I've put those sorts of hours into is Pokemon and thats really more a hobby than a game when you get into the breeding and training.

And just to stay on topic. Yes the screenies do like nice especially the indoor one, it has a very homey feel to it.

And no I'm still not overly interested in the game in case anyone is wondering.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

NWN 2 is going to be my first PC game I am going to buy for the new computer. Mostly I am curious what Obsidian is going to do with the rules implementation and storyline. With any luck they will have their own NWN 2 forums here when the game is released. This is an Obsidian game, not a Bioware game. NWN 2 forums have no place at Bioware.

"It really is quite curious how Volo always misplaces spacebar clicks when he's agitated. Chronic finger issues?"

Eh. I'm always misplacing the spacebar click. I'm simply a horrible typist.

And, SP, the fact that you made this thread proves you are interested in NWN2. You might as well stop denying it.