M4-78 is canon!

In Lucasfilm's interpretation of the word, it does. Comics are as canonical as the rest of the EU, unless it is explicitely said otherwise (like Star Wars Tales #1-20, which were non-canon; however, Tales #24, which featured Nihilus and Visas, was canonical).

Edited by Sikon

Wiki is not official. Here is something from their main page:

"Welcome to the Star Wars Wiki, a Star Wars database that anyone can edit."

All SW is continuity, unless it is a continuity mistake or unless it has an

Infinities label. However, I do not have enough evidence to consider M4-78

as official continuity.

EDIT: OK, doh! It is the SW Insider mag that is the proof....the Wiki article mentions this as the source: Medstar: Intermezzo is a short story written by Michael Reeves and Steve Perry, published in Star Wars Insider #83.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

whats a canon? :">

it means "officially recognized". it is, essentially, a term borrowed from religion.

many like to use the term "continuity" to refer to EU stuff while reserving the term "canon" for things from the movies.

"Canon" items are rated on a scale depending on what Mr. Lucas and company decide them to be.(Im not sure of who else determines canon)

"Canon" items are rated on a scale depending on what Mr. Lucas and company decide them to be.(Im not sure of who else determines canon)

most continuity is "C canon". however, there is "G canon" which is anything from GL including the movies and even unpublished director's notes. G canon trumps all else even if the other stuff came first.

unless there is a continuity mistake or an Infinities label, EU stuff (including video game content) is C canon.

hate to burst your bubble but team gizka is not restoring it......

but we are, if you hop on over to their forums you will see the section for the M4-78 restoration project that is being done seperatly from the TSLRP

My fault...Why was this thread started again?...Why is it still going? :-

Not like M4-78 really matters though. We never go there in the game, so just because I see it in a comic or somesuch, won't make the planet anymore real to me. Maybe if the planet had been in the game and the Exile had actually visited the place, I might be interested. But as it stand now...

P.S. Wikipedia is one of the few places you'll actually find out more information about Sion than the game provided.

There's only one problem with Wikipedia, and that as you suggested is that people just add info in there by themselves, so a lot of it could actually be complete lies.

I dont really trust it that much because of that fact...

Edited by Petay

I've recently added information about M4-78 over at Wikipedia.com. If anyone has any information I forgot to add then feel free to add it in there.

P.S. Wikipedia is one of the few places you'll actually find out more information about Sion than the game provided.

Could you post a link?

If I try finding M4-78 I have to get through 1000 pages of M-Machineguns first :blink:

I want to say that until the Exile visits M4-78, texts everywhere are going to say that the Exile never visited M4-78.

P.S. Does what I said make sense?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

And because of events on Earth we are all aware of, the Exie never went to M4-78

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I already found that one; but there is no link towards M4-78 on that page; and with the search function;

Well, I already told that...

The information he was talking about was on that page, it's just there wasn't very much of it, but now for some reason i can't find it :).

Can you delete things off Wikipedia? I guess that must be what happened :lol: