Feats for Atton?

If I'm reading the Feat table correctly, Atton gets about 7-8 feats at level 20

where/how would you allocate them?

I'm thinking:

- 2 for Sniper Shot (he comes with rank 1)

- 2 for Toughness (rank 3 is kinda moot, mostly for the damage reduction at rank2)

- Some combination of Dueling and Conditioning

I think it's not real effective to spend those points to make him dual-pistol wielding. He just has so few Feats to spend and so many options

what's yours?

If I'm reading the Feat table correctly, Atton gets about 7-8 feats at level 20

where/how would you allocate them?

I'm thinking:

- 2 for Sniper Shot (he comes with rank 1)

- 2 for Toughness (rank 3 is kinda moot, mostly for the damage reduction at rank2)

- Some combination of Dueling and Conditioning

I think it's not real effective to spend those points to make him dual-pistol wielding. He just has so few Feats to spend and so many options

what's yours?

By then end of the game you will likely have another 2 or 3 feats, possibly as many as 10 more if you use exploits.

I generally pick up the dual weilding feats for just about everyone, mainly because I like the dual weild animations better. You really don't have to worry about it too much because by the end of the game he and everyone else on your team will be so uber that it won't matter what you give them.

Master Dueling, Master Sniper Shot, and Stealth Run are what I always give him.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Atton becomes quite useless after Citadel Station. The Socundrel is a skill class. And how many Int and skills did he have? Not much. He had improved battle capabilities, but he was still a poor fighter. How many Int and skills did Mission have? Her only point of existance were her skills and had good battle capabilities. Atton isn't a powerful Jedi Sentinel either.

Just use other characters.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

i never really used atton, he needs some serious glasses with those blasters of his, and as a jedi he is the worst u can imagine...

if u are dark just take HK-47 (love his comments :D) and some melee(ish) char (make handmaiden evil?), and urself just use dark force powers to beat em up from afar.

If you are light take visas (for the force powers), yourself beat everyone up by dual wielding 2 nice blue lightsabers (g2 love LS guardians) and use the bit of FP you have for Force Enlightenment (eventhough it would be nice to obtain a lil sooner) then just get your favourite char as a third (Handmaiden for me)

I never use:

- atton (for the reasons i named above),

- G0-t0 (not sure how to write it's name, i can't stand it <_<),

- Bao-dur (nice for the computer/mine work in the beginning, gets worse every minute after that tho, and he won't even make a second remote to follow you, cuz he wants to be special and be the only 1 with an orb floating and following you everywhere around)

- T4 (not sure how to write his name either, lol, the lil R2D2 wannabe who saved the ebon hawk in the tutorial in the beginning, he's got about the same reasons as bao-dur, but not even gets to become a jedi (how come... :thumbsup:) and his skills just arent that needed...)

- Kreia (no matter what your alignment is, she always has something negative to say, her stupid action what made her loose her hand forces her to master 1 of the worst skills there is (the skill to get bonusses for using 1 weapon) and her forcepowers arent that great either cuz they will be expensive anyway since she wont turn good or bad...)

Edited by DaDennis

I just let it auto level him, I only care about my character.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

lol, poor Atton

sounds good though, I was getting anxiety about "having" to have him in a party. My favorite group is my Sith Lord, Visas as melee, and HK47 for ranged

I think what ruined me was before I bought the game for myself I played it at a friend's house for like 2 days and took a gander at his strategy guide. Ofcourse, those things have no idea what they're tlaking about but one thing still has me confused

do you put any of your melee Jedi (your own guardian, Handmaiden, Visas, Atton maybe) in heavy armor? Would you spend Feats in Medium/Heavy Armor wearing?

Ahem....Atton is not useless, nor does he suck after Citadel Station. If he did for you, you didn't build him right.

He works just fine as a Jedi...he always kicked bad guy butt all over the place for me. *shrug

This is, of course, assuming you didnt level him up too much before turning him to Jedi - this applies to most of the Jedi-turnable classes, really..

There is no bad party NPC...just personal preference, how you like to use them, and how you build them. Like someone else said, by the end you're all so uber it doesn't matter.

Me, I couldn't stand Hanhar, or whatever the wookie's name was.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

He works just fine as a Jedi...he always  kicked bad guy butt all over the place for me. *shrug

This is, of course, assuming you didnt level him up too much before turning him to Jedi - this applies to most of the Jedi-turnable classes, really..

There is no bad party NPC...just personal preference, how you like to use them, and how you build them. Like someone else said, by the end you're all so uber it doesn't matter.

What lvl would you recommend for starting atton as a jedi? I usually let him lvl to 10 then save rest for Jedi. He was ok as a jedi but I was not impressed.

I disagree with no bad party member statement. Goto was useless. We already had two droids and a third was unneeded, imho.

I'd love wookies if they didn't take 5 minutes to say "hello". bah

I use Atton as a sort of ranged Jedi character. I make him a Jedi, put all his points into healing and healing abilities and give him buffs along with some blaster skills. He's handy this way because he basically never dies. I always have a buffer/healer on hand.

Then I also use Bao-Dur unarmed in melee with my character, also on Jedi support. I never have any problems.

Some people simply prefer not to use Atton, because either they enjoyed using other characters, or didn't build him right.

I level Atton up to 5 or 7 as a Scoundrel, so he can get a bit more punch added to his sneak attack. I usually max out Critical Strike, and then add the duelling feat.

When he's a Jedi, I use an upgraded lightsaber, with a single keen upgrade, and the rest loaded with damage upgrades, and he can inflict some serious harm on others this way.

Instead of duelling, I'll sometimes max out two weapon fighting, and give him a second keen lightsaber. Very nasty combination.

While he won't exactly be the best offensive Force power user (too low of a base wisdom), he can still cast a bunch of buffing powers, such as Force Valor, Battle Meditation, etc.

He works just fine as a Jedi...he always  kicked bad guy butt all over the place for me. *shrug

What lvl would you recommend for starting atton as a jedi? I usually let him lvl to 10 then save rest for Jedi. He was ok as a jedi but I was not impressed.

I disagree with no bad party member statement. Goto was useless. We already had two droids and a third was unneeded, imho.

I'd love wookies if they didn't take 5 minutes to say "hello". bah

As several people said before. G0-T0 is not useless, the problem is that you don't use him in the more dialouge related situations where he makes himself usefull.

There's a difference between 'useless' as in not being able to be an effective/useful party member, and 'useless' as in redundant/don't like the character. :rolleyes:

As to Atton's level....after my first run through the game where I 'knew nothing', I kept him at lvl 7-8 and made him Jedi as fast as possible...usually skipping a lot of 'quests' and plot stuff first, and going back to do them later. I concentrated on Critical Strike as well, simply because I'd always have another be Flurry and didn't want to duplicate, but I ignored his Scoundrel stuff completely since I never used any of it after that first game of trial and error.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

try this...dual wield, sniper shot, then precise shot...turn him into a massively nasty ranged jedi support, with the added bonus of sneak attack...i actually give him and mira the close shot feat, simply because they're so much better ranged than melee that it is no contest. :blink: