the KOTOR franchise lives on

And you quote Episode 3 novelization as your favorite work. Your opinion is dismissable by default.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And you quote Episode 3 novelization as your favorite work. Your opinion is dismissable by default.

your argument is weird.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Let us not forget that Revan is the primary protagonist of this era.  They really can't just have him hovering around the margins...his story is destined to be told in full.

If the story is set 8 years before K1 Revan has started his "quest" for anything yet and the "True Sith" didn't come to the Mandalorians yet... I think.

Maybe the comic will say that Revan's a myth.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Having Revan in the comic books will defeat the point of a RPG.

Revan and Exile are the reflection of the Player.

If Revan is in the comic book, I will not be surprised that The Exile is not far behind him.

Both of them served in the Mandalorian Wars.

the genie is out of the bottle....they committed the cardinal sin of SW games....they gave us a pregen who already had a name.

all Star Wars is continuity and by having a character who already commanded the power of the Star Forge (before you even played him!), they had an EU character that they were pretty much forced into fleshing out. A similar thing happened with Kyle Katarn....introduce a pregen (with a name) into a SW game and you are stuck with an EU construct that the fans will keep pestering you about until you flesh him out.

Exile is really just a backstory....they don't really HAVE to tell his story. HOWEVER, I think they pretty much have to tell Kreia's story (she essentially killed Vrook who is already in SW comics). Since they pretty much have to tell Kreia's story, they will probably end up telling the Exile's story as well.

Now that they have put this story into comics, I wouldn't be surprised if K3 has a completely new story arch.

Exactly. TOTJ story and heroes add historical depth to the movies.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

The flying galley was from Jedi vs Sith comic, which is not a part of TOTJ so your joke is retarded.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I like TotJ myself. I don't care for any of the books or comics after SW Return of the Jedi.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The flying galley was from Jedi vs Sith comic, which is not a part of TOTJ so your joke is retarded.

That doesn't make it any less funny

Exar Kun, my love for you is like a berserker

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Exar Kun was a good Sith Lord. A Jedi that fell and was never redeemed.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

well, it is a monthly and it is set 8 years before K1 (which is actually less than 8 years before Revan and Malak are trotting around the galaxy).

I don't think there is any question that the series will eventually catch up with Revan and Malak.

Hmmm... thats an interesting time period.

According to Dorak, the Mandalorians began conquering planets outside the Republic 20 years before K1. They actually invaded the Republic 7 years prior (to k1).

Given that timeline, I would assume that the comic will quickly get invovlved with the Mandalorian Wars.

Since the comic seems to be about a padawan Jedi, I think Revan would have to be mentioned at the least...

Edited by Sentry

• 2 weeks later...
why don't they focas it around Revan?

Revan is the one that is surpose to be a star here not anyone else.

oh, I'm sure they will, they just need to set up some background first.

CONTINUITY NOTES:

I was flipping through the newly-release tome entitled

"The New Essential Chronology" and discovered the following:

* Revan has, indeed, been hard-coded as male, and, it appears, LS.

* the Jedi/Sith purge is referred to but it states that "at least one" Sith survived so as to continue the tradition.

* the exiled Jedi is referred to (more or less LS) without any reference to gender.

* Darth Sion seems to get more attention than Ni or Kreia (Sion is pictured and is said to be behind the assassins with stealth field generators).

What would make Revan more cooler is the fact that he is not the main star in these comics and is mentioned here or there. After K2, which you basically never saw Revan, I loved Revan even more.

According to the website the comics take place 8 years before K1 and that is the time when the Mandalorians were conquering the Outer Rim. Revan didn't become famous until he took the fight to the Mandalorians.

companys just don't seems tp get the message that Revan is surpose to be the star here. They seem to always put some one else in the spotlight.We want Revan.

anyone interested in seeing the comic of this newly kotor follow n here it is:

12857.jpg

"Give me Revan or I will kill this innocent"

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

We want Revan.

Revan is surposed to be the star here.

No love for the Exile. <_< :thumbsup:

Edit: I wrote that rhe Exile can beat Revan. For easing my condition and not getting A LOT of "unpleaasnt" messages, I am just going to say that I MY humble opinion Exile is stronger than Revan, and that if thay clash in a conflict the winner is probably going ot be the Exile.

And again I say that I DO NOT have bad feelings about Revan. I LIKE Revan. In K1 I PLAY AS Revan, so therefore it can be said that I WAS Revan

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Revan. :- I would like to see the (LS) Exile get the spotlight because his/her story would be interesting. It would seem they had a guilty conscience after all the deaths that happened at Malachor, which is why they exiled themselves from the force and civilization as well. I like stories about fallen heros.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

companys just don't seems tp get the message that Revan is surpose to be the star here. They seem to always put some one else in the spotlight.We want Revan.

anyone interested in seeing the comic of this newly kotor follow n here it is:

12857.jpg

"Give me Revan or I will kill this innocent"

Well it already stated that the story will feature someone else and will be his story. It won't take away from Revan's star status.

We'll see Revan in K3... whenever that comes out.

Revan.  :)  I would like to see the (LS) Exile get the spotlight because his/her story would be interesting. It would seem they had a guilty conscience after all the deaths that happened at Malachor, which is why they exiled themselves from the force and civilization as well. I like stories about fallen heros.

I wouldn't mind hearing about the Exile but that's likely not to happen seeing as the Exile didn't have a name like Revan did. But the story will be about someone else.

I wouldn't mind hearing about the Exile but that's likely not to happen seeing as the Exile didn't have a name like Revan did. But the story will be about someone else.

He/she will be called the Exile. That is how everyone in the game reffers to him/her.

Duuh.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

He/she will be called the Exile. That is how everyone in the game reffers to him/her.

Duuh.

:(

The Exile was called the Exile after the Mandalorian wars was finished. This comic takes place about a year before the Mandalorian wars began, so they won't be calling him or her the Exile, if the Exile is even the main character, which I'm sure he's not.

Edited by Jedi Master D Murda