Things that went wrong with this game

14- I think the influence thing was a great idea, but was not implemented quite right. You should be able to influence your partners in more ways.. I hate it that in order to influence some characters you had to be in an exact place at some point in the game. So I spend like 10 minutes before I selected my party, thinking who should be influenced in what way by what may or may not happend next. And if you dont gain enough influence with everybody, you miss a lot of the already incomplete story of the game. I couldn

You have some good points but I do not think that having a more "Star Wars" feel is such a good thing. A setting close to the reality on Earth is not such a bad thing.

Besides, force bonds, wounds in the Force, jedi, sith, lightsabres, spaceships, aiens, and droids are as close to Star Wars as aything else. If the rest of the game is related to the REAL life on Earth the game is going to qutie perfect.

Also, the green menues were not that bad.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Oh, yes how could I forget- welcome to the forums.

200 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horayyyyyyy!!!

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Guest MacLeodCorp
You have some good points but I do not think that having a more "Star Wars" feel is such a good thing. : A setting close to the reality on Earth is not such a bad thing. Besides, force bonds, wounds in the Force, jedi, sith, lightsabres, spaceships, aiens, and droids are as close to Star Wars as aything else.  If the rest of the game is related to the REAL life on Earth the game is going to qutie perfect.

Also, the green menues were not that bad.

I do not think that having a more "Star Wars" feel is such a good thing.- Bulgarian Jedi

I respect your thoughts on this, but I have to disagree. I think that the first KotOR did a pretty good job at the "Star Wars" feeling. When it came to KotOR II, the story was pretty cool, but it has almost no "Star Wars" essence to it.

A setting close to the reality on Earth is not such a bad thing.- Bulgarian Jedi

I respect your thoughts on this as well, but I think that would be a horrible idea. I like Star Trek, for it has a Earth feeling to it. However, I like Star Wars with a more universal feeling to it. When I play Star Wars games, I want to feel like I am playing in a galaxy far, far away...

ShadowCaster - Welcome to the forums...

I gues we have to determine clearly what a "Star Wars" feel and "Earth" feel are like.

P.S. I too want that when I play a Star Wars game(aka Kotor and Kotor2) to feel like I am in the SW universe. But that SWUniverse being close to Earth reality in some areas won't be a bad thing. That is what I ment.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Guest MacLeodCorp

Bulgarian Jedi - Do you mean more humanistic in nature? The social attributes?

Edited by MacLeodCorp

I originally played K2 prior to K1 and deemed K2 to be the better. Lately however, I must say that K1 has become my favorite. And it does indeed come down to this elusive star wars feel. I guess the story simply is better; in my jugement at least.

Edited by Flyboi

I want to see cities and planets that can exist and give a impresion that they can be real. Taris, is a good example.

Citadel Station and Preagus II don't seem like such, but the are also done quite well and give such an impression.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

I want to see cities and planets that can exist and give a impresion that they can be real. Taris, is a good example.

Citadel Station and Preagus II don't seem like such, but the are also done quite well and give such an impression.

I have very simillar problems with the game..........kotor 1 felt so full of life, Taris was a beutifull yet decptively dark planet that looked absolutely amazing to play through, Dantoinne was also a Beutifull planet to be on, that sunsett effect was stunning to see

you also had Kahyyk with its moonlight and torches and Manaan with its great polished city feel to it, the areas in kotor were simply breathtaking

and if you take a look at kotor 2 in comparison, Peragus was alright, I liked the space stationesque feel it had, but something was lacking, it just didnt seem very "star wars" to me............then you had citadel station which was awfull, the textures were very ugly and even the little pieces of nature on the station looked very artificial.

And if you look at any of the other planets, Dantoinne was downright ugly, especially in comparison to what it used to look like, and Nar Shadaa was also pretty bland as well, ON the plus side though I really liked both Dxun and ONderon they both conveyed a unique feel to them

but areas aside the other big problem I had was the people on the planets. If you look at kotor 1 you have plenty of characters to talk to who will tell you about the sith occupation of taris, or react to the racist alien man in the uper city. Planets actually felt real and alive because there were characters there to support that.

If you look at kotor 2 the characters on planets are horrible. On citadel station you can get one of two generic answers out of anybody walking by. There is nothing for any NPC to react too, its very bland. OR in the JEk JEk Tar aliens just randomly ignore you!! what the hell is that?? they should be trying to throw me out of the bar or something not ignore me!!

all and all I found the game lacking in its "star wars" feel, and the areas and planets just did not come alive for me, as they did in kotor 1

Most of what you are saying is actually true, ShadowCaster. What you see in K2 is just basically a version of a KOTOR story that has been either diluted or stretched beyond its capacity for an evenly paced telling of the Exile's story.

K1 appeared to be adequate generally according to how Bioware saw it as.

Since the introduction of K2 was lacking, it would be reflected in an ending of abruptness.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

^:blink:

I tremble before your grasp of reality.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Chew
Most of what you are saying is actually true, ShadowCaster. What you see in K2 is just basically a version of a KOTOR story that has been either diluted or stretched beyond its capacity for an evenly paced telling of the Exile's story.

K1 appeared to be adequate generally according to how Bioware saw it as.

Since the introduction of K2 was lacking, it would be reflected in an ending of abruptness.

Understand-Darth_Vader.jpg

At the same time, if people tried to imagine K2 as an exact game of K1, it becomes a prototype of the first game. (Like HK-50 prototypes of HK-47)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

15- And what About the "Return to Ebon Hawk" or "Transit" buttons? It's even mentioned in the on-line manual! What happened?

Yeah, I had the same question. It was even in the booklet that came with the game. They do make up for it some what with the module transit on Telos, the crappy speeder on Nar Shadda, the officer on Onderon, and the Madalorian scout on Duxn.

But still it really would have been nice to have the transit.

**** you cut content!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

15- And what About the "Return to Ebon Hawk" or "Transit" buttons? It's even mentioned in the on-line manual! What happened?

Yeah, I had the same question. It was even in the booklet that came with the game. They do make up for it some what with the module transit on Telos, the crappy speeder on Nar Shadda, the officer on Onderon, and the Madalorian scout on Duxn.

But still it really would have been nice to have the transit.

**** you cut content!

The game book also mentions something about a "defensive" stance for your party members. i never saw it in the game. Too bad, i would have used it when my npc's wandered off too much. Stationary stance was pretty much useless.

KOTOR had one of the most shallow stories I have heard of outside the NWN OC and Terry Brooks novels.

KOTOR II had a deeper story, which suffered because the ending fell off a cliff and what was left took some thinking to understand. (Which is why many people complain, not all like to think a lot while playing games, personally I liked it.) It was like the author died as he was 75% the way through writing it. Both games left some things to be desired in terms of the story.

Gameplay wise, KOTOR II improved over much of what KOTOR had and added a few, though only semi-sucessful things of its own. Though both were way, way, way to easy.

IMO KOTOR II was slightly better. Unfotunatly it had G0-T0 as well.

Edited by Arclam

KOTOR had one of the most shallow stories I have heard of outside the NWN OC and Terry Brooks novels.

KOTOR II had a deeper story, which suffered because the ending fell off a cliff and what was left took some thinking to understand. (Which is why many people complain, not all like to think a lot while playing games, personally I liked it.) It was like the author died as he was 75% the way through writing it. Both games left some things to be desired in terms of the story.

Gameplay wise, KOTOR II improved over much of what KOTOR had and added a few, though only semi-sucessful things of its own. Though both were way, way, way to easy.

IMO KOTOR II was slightly better. Unfotunatly it had G0-T0 as well.

Firstly, I thought the KOTOR I storyline was much more complete than the second.

Secondly, KOTOR II may have had some better battle animations but KOTOR I ran without problems and glitches every five minutes. KOTOR I was polished, KOTOR II felt like more of a rough cut, if I might say.

Edit: oh yes it was very inconvenient having GO-TO in the second game. SeeGabrielles previous post above

Edited by Akhan225