1. 1. do you use jedi robes at all?

• Yes
    • Yes, all the time
    • Some times
    • Half and Half
    • No, rarely
    • No, never
    • No, never put it on, always sell them

I think robes may have been 'required attire' for the Jedi order, but that doesn't apply to Exile. He isn't a card-carrying member any more.

I use the force armor through the first part of the game, but after stats build up, the robes actually provide better protection. 'Lookin' good' is the main consideration after that. I like force armor with ballistic overlay, and prefer the gray Jedi padawan or dark jedi robes over any of the others, regardless of alignment.

Guest The Chew
The "Yes all the time" opiton should mean that the random loot generator had a pleasnt "surprise" for you on the first level of Peragus II.

I dont get it... :ermm::blink::blink:

It means that because of the random lot generator gave you a robe in one of the first levels of Peragus II. It didn't happen with me, but other people have got that. I was "surprised" with lightsabre upgrage part and strong axe.

Still lost im afraid :-"

And I tend to wear the robes as some as i can lay my hot little hands on some

Robes always, I find them more useful.

Besides that, the Jedi armour just didn't look good. It's got to look good you know.

P.S. Like red colour robes best.

There used to be a mod on pcgamemods.com that gave you some sweet looking replacements for the Zeison Sha/ Jal shey armor. It was obvious the modder took great care in making this and I usually use them for tough boss fights because of the added defense bonuses.

PS. Like the spectre and spirit of the force robes, also was available mod at pcgamemods.com

Guest The Chew
Sith robes are better looking than Jedi. Nice and black, gothic looking.  :ermm:

I always thought that the sitth robes in K1 were a lot better looking than the jedi robes, and what was with the fancy colours like blue and orange?

Sith robes in both games are better looking.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

i have the xbox version, so i can't mod the retarded looking jal shey zeison sha stuff, even though they are better than the other robes i found. if they would plant a permanent jedi master robe, i would have been a little happier.. something like the kel-droma robes in K1

Jedi robes tend to be an option if finesse with melee weapons or lightsabers is used. (If you use finesse, defence bonuses from dexterity is limited by armour)

I tend to use robes often with a Consular/Sentinel PC.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

hmmm, meh 9th time i beat the game i used armor instead of robes, so ya i used robes most of the time.

P.S. IM BACK PPL

Didn't know you were gone?

OMG!!! YOU DIDNT KNOW I WAS GONE?!?!!? THAT WOUNDS ME! j/king, yes i was gone from the forums

Well welcome back anyways

No dobt you have been missed :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I always use them [jedi robes]. The Jedi armors are just dumb looking and later on in the game you're a god anyway so you don't need to have the best equipment to kill stuff.

yeah, i don't like the armours because of how they look :) . but like Force Reaper said, you don't need the extra statistical boosts after a playing the game for a while, so you might as well put on something with a nice looking backside, because you have to watch it through the rest of the game.

Edited by Blank

i have the xbox version, so i can't mod the retarded looking jal shey zeison sha stuff, even though they are better than the other robes i found. if they would plant a permanent jedi master robe, i would have been a little happier.. something like the kel-droma robes in K1

I understand you regarding the jal shey zeison robe, it's just frikin ridiculous, makes you look like a medieval japanese samurai in star wars universe - totally missed >_<

Always used robes...tho my 1st time through the game, I found those fugly armors and used those for a while. Once I knew there were cool black robes, I never wanted to wear anything else.

Some of the later robes had some great stats, but I still wore the black robes. Never had a need for those 'great stats'....you still kick butt. Heck, you could kick butt wearing nothing but your skivvies, so it's all about looks to me.

Yes I'm shallow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't really like the Jedi Knight robe or Master because they look to bulky (X-Box, so I don't know what the PC version looks like). I prefer the Dark Jedi robes, even when I'm LS. In reply to your question, the robes are the best choice to wear. I detest the armour because it doesn't have that Jedi / Sith Feel . I mean, excluding Malak's armour from KOTOR 1, the other types of armour are just terrible looking. And yes, I prefer appearance to defence.