Plz Answer Som Q's About this Game

Hi. I've beaten Kotor 1 3 times in the past 2 days.

we all know that after doing that for so long u get bored. So here are my q's.

Is KOTOR 2 something you reccomend getting?

Is it better then Kotor 1?

What Planets Can you go to?

Whats the stortyline like?

In Kotor you foung yourself looking for the star forge what are you looking for in KOTOR 2

Thx for any help u can give i really appreciate it.

Despite all of the gripes you'll hear here, yes, it's worth getting.

Yes, and no. Yes, that there are all sorts of new facets to the game, prestige classes for the more advanced levels, an influence attribute, and a new system of upgrading items.

No, in that the storyline doesn't quite flow as well as it should, and some of the character development isn't as good as its original counterpart.

Peragus, Telos, Dantooine, Nar Shaada, Onderon, Korriban. Lots of familiar sights from the first game, although things may have changed a good bit.

In Kotor you foung yourself looking for the star forge what are you looking for in KOTOR 2

The remaining jedi masters.

I would recommend getting it because it gives some insight on what happened during the Mandalorian War and what will have next.

It's better than Kotor with accessories and new feats and force powers and other little odds and ends but it's not better than K1 overall.

Peragus, Telos, Dantooine, Korriban, Onderon, Dxun(moon), Nar Shaddaa and Malachor V.

It's good and gives insight but it's not better than K1's story, IMHO.

Your looking for Jedi Masters and what has been killing them.

Edited by Jedi Master D Murda

The other queestions are answered so heres my answer to the reccomendation. I would reccomend getting it because it is an excellent rpg with an in depth storyline. Some places have holes and continuity issues, but the main points get across to the player. Like i wrote in one of my other reviews, there is always the option of adding in mods and unlocking the originaly cut material.

Kotor 2 is good fun, very entertaining. I didn't get the epic feel that i got from the last one, because of the plot holes, and system crashes, and empty promises but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun. :lol:

As for the story line, there are more characters too look after, and much to do with all of them, i didn't learn everything about all of them the first time i played through it, then again, i only did play it one time through because thats all i thought it was worth, in my opinion.

Bottom line - Entertaining :ermm:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yeah, give it a try and see what you think about it. Only thing is that character dialogue was not actually done thoroughly.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It's good and gives insight but it's not better than K1's story, IMHO.
I think it's way better. Deeper, at least. Although of course, my voice drowns in the chorus of voices that despise this storytelling approach... Edited by Sikon

1. Yes.

2. Obsidian fixed several mistakes that Bioware made in the gmaeplay, made the graphics much better, and with the cutcontent it had a much deeper storyline that K1, not that that's hard.

3. Peragus, Telos, Onderon and it's moon Dxun, Nar Shadda, Korriban, Dantooine, Malachor V, and when the M4 restoration guys are done, the droid planet, M4-78.

4. Cryptic, thought-provoking, and philosophical. At least that's what I thought it was like.

5. The last of the Jedi, the reason why you were cut off from the Force, what happened to Revan, where the HK-50s are coming from, the list goes on.

Sure, I'd recommend it.

The graphics, dialogue, and gameplay are essentially the same as KOTOR 1's. The only place they differ is the storyline, which is a bit different. Better in some ways, worse in others.

The planets are Peragus, Telos (Carth's homeworld), Nar Shadaa, Dantooine, Koriban, Dxun, Onderon and Malachor V (also mentioned in the first game).

The Sith have changed tactics since KOTOR 1. Now they're hunting down the Jedi guerilla-style, instead of waging open war. They're also using new Force powers to do it, the ability to feed on their victims connection to the Force, using this ability to whipe out whole planets. The few surviving Jedi, defenseless against this power, have gone into hiding, hoping that their attacker will believe he's won, and reveal himself openly to they can fight him directly.

You play an exiled former Jedi that's been wandering the edges of known space for 10 years. The Jedi council has stripped you of your connection to the Force (or so you think) as punishment for crimes you comitted during the Mandalorian wars, serving under Darth Revan. Circumstances wind up sending you back to the known galaxy just as your power is mysteriously starting to return. You're out to confront the past by facing the Jedi that exiled you, and find the source of the Sith attacks and stop/join them.

The only thing better are the items like robes and crystals, and the influence system I prefered Kotor 1 over all especially the story.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Mmm,

After the pruning not alot of posts are left.

Lot of spam maybe; better to be done in PM (name changes and so)?

Anyway:

Some questions, eh?

Yes, but it might be better to wait for a price-drop and the Restoration Project's release...

No

The only thing better are the items like robes and crystals, and the influence system I prefered Kotor 1 over all especially the story.

If K2 was worse in story than K1, then Obsidian must havbe not been paying much attention to what they were doing. I mean, most of the characters have MOTIVATION, something most of the K1 characters didn't have.

Malak was just, "Let's blow up the galaxy, because were the EBIL SPACE NAZIS! I mean Sith."

Carth was, "My commanding officer betrayed the Republic, so I won't trust you even though you have proven yourself multiple times you aren't a Sith spy!"

Bastilla was another Padme, kick-ass at the beggining, a waste of base materials at the end. I really felt glad that I could kill her on the Star Forge.

Mission, Zaalbar, T3, and Jolee are characters I never use if I have the choice.

Juhani's accent made my ears bleed.

Basing character development on the leveling up of the PC was one of the most horrible choices Bioware made, right along with all the situations were you get not chance to survive, and the fact that a Lightsaber's damage is strength based.

The plot twist was, "OMFG YOU'RE LIKE, TOTALLY, REVAN!" Which is not only cheap, you also lose control of your character after the Leviathan, and the lightside and darkside acts just don't feel satisfactory to me, okay you send out Star Forge ships in every direction, but the Republic still stands in the sequel, and every peice of EU after KotOR so obviously you failed in crushing the it.