City of Villains

newer costumes, less running between missions (god I hate having to run through five zones just to get to the missions...) more flexibility about missions, ragdoll physics, salvage... the list goes on.

<---- COH player, currently downloading the COV beta 29.9 kbps (it's capped) got 5 hrs to go... I'll dig up some of the new stuff now that the NDA is removed.

Oh and because so many people left COH for bigger and better things... and because the name databases are going to be linked between the games for the pvp crossover fights here's the brand spakning new name policy (folks have been asking for this forever):

City of Heroes
Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I should also point out that the devs do take the online monkiers of the "JLA" of this comic book world... there have been instances of Statesman (Jack Emmert, the ultimate maker of this game) jumping in the game and helping people do Task Forces.

When I got the email about the name registration I was like "Crap!" and reactivated my account so I didn't lose some of my better names.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

well it's there because about 1 million people over the course of its exsistance have at one time or another had an account. each account can have about 88 names on it... the current player base is about 1/10th of that so they needed to free up names... and Oerwende it's the acct not the actual character... and if anyone was over 35 you were in the clear with them.

well it's there because about 1 million people over the course of its exsistance have at one time or another had an account. each account can have about 88 names on it... the current player base is about 1/10th of that so they needed to free up names... and Oerwende it's the acct not the actual character... and if anyone was over 35 you were in the clear with them.

Wow what happend to their user base ? Or was WoW close :wub:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Seems like its a high risk of characters having to choose names like "Hrrfufrhurr" or "superman_18927"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

with Issue 5 the defenses of tankers were nerfed... along with some other thing. People didn't like it because it changed their character so the left, to EQ2 WoW and even :shiver: galaxies.

Oh and we can't use TMed names... like superman, batman, barbie, Phoenix, or iceman.

Edited by Calax

with Issue 5 the defenses of tankers were nerfed... along with some other thing. People didn't like it because it changed their character so the left, to EQ2 WoW and even :shiver: galaxies.

Oh and we can't use TMed names... like superman, batman, barbie, Phoenix, or iceman.

Never played it, I'm pretty much over MMPORGs now (hopefully).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The email I got said it was the character. From the email: "If your game account is inactive for over 90 days and you reactivate your account you will need to log back in to any characters affected by this policy to move them out of unreserved name status."

I had like 14 characters or so, but only 2 or 3 I really cared about their names. Black Prophet was the main one. With City of Villains coming, that name would be gone real fast. And I was never so hardcore into it that I got a character over level 13. I'd get to level 11 or so, and thats about where it took around 2-3 days of playing to gain a level when it first came out, so I would start a new character, get him to level 11, start a new one, etc. Now its a lot easier to gain a level once you get around that level. You can gain one around every 3 hours of play or so, which pretty much amounts to getting a good group and doing some missions that are 1 or two levels above you.

And for those curious, the character I play most is White Pulsar on Guardian. Level 13 Energy Blaster.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

XP is much easier to get because they reduced the amount of debt you got in a instance... so usually your not in permadebt.

actually for that ten bucks you get two games... you get the subscription for City of Hero's and City of Villans.

Right now, I have a slew of characters on the Pinnacle server. Look for Eldara, Far Thel, Far Latere, or Peith if you're ever online.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Right now, I have a slew of characters on the Pinnacle server.  Look for Eldara, Far Thel, Far Latere, or Peith if you're ever online.

Reeehhhh? You are? Welcome to the drunk server! (yes it's reputation is that all the guys are drunk while playing) I'm @Calax... I'm usually on it's just for the past 48 hrs my computer has been stuck trying to get COV...

I raise you a Elec/nrg Blaster!

I feel sad because of my inherent.

Edited by Calax

I have an ice/energy blaster, people accuse me of power leveling him, despite the fact that I'd had him at level 50 since march of this year =/

Right now I'm splitting time between my peacebringer, warshade my scrapper, but I hate scrappers so it probably won't last long.

Okay, my handle is Eldara, but I haven't been able to play all day. I will sign on later and if you'd like to join up for a group. My toons range from level 6 to 35.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Someone should start an Obsidian supergroup. Decide which server to play on and start new characters. Well, obviously we can't start the group until one of us is level 10, but that doesn't take *too* long

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg