Windows Updates

Walsingham

I am so sick of Windows/Microsoft.

My PC keeps trying to shut down because Microsoft have decided in their lordly wisdom that I have to. Not when it's convenient for me, but RIGHT FETHING NOW. Why? Is running a windows update so important I would normally prioritise it above any and all other tasks I am currently doing? Is it only temporary blind insanity that makes me believe erroneously that I have better things to do, and that perhaps the shutting down can occur the next time I do so normally?

Dear Microsoft,

I am not an Interplay cow. I can think for myself. And right now i think I hate you and your disgusting product.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't get me wrong. I want auto updates because it is more convenient to have it going on in the background. But I don't like the idea that I have to shut off my PC when they say so. It just goes to the heart of their whole mentality which is that their customers are cattle.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah the whole "Restart now" or "Remind me again in 10 minutes" thing is garbage. They need a "Don't bother me again" option.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Turn off the 'auto-install' option of the automatic update process. It will still download the patches, but it will just tell you they're ready when you are. That way you can choose when--or if you want your system modified. Myself, I don't trust them enough to give them complete control.

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. However, if you will excuse me I intend to cotnue grumbling like an upset stomach for a wee while more.

-Elwood Blues