Jolee Bindo

Like cutting him in ribbons on the Unkown Planet?

You could also argue HK-47 should never be in any kotor's because reven didnt buy him from the store. :rolleyes:

Plus since they decided the LS would be the "canon" or whatever, that means that jolee had to survive really.

Yes, I agree with you there...I do think that Revan was LS and that stays through to the end and follows into KOTOR2....I mean if Revan had gone to DS, where on earth would that lead the story to.... :ph34r:

To Revan venturing off to the Unknown Region. :wub:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Plus since they decided the LS would be the "canon" or whatever, that means that jolee had to survive really.

But that's not it. The developers must cater for all possible outcomes. That's one of the reasons Jolee and the other folks never appeared in K2. The game was a sequal, and because stories must continue without plot breakups, couldn't just take the "canon" way. As it wouldn't be the story of those who played as eg. a darkside female. The canon is just for EU books et all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Also Jolee couldnt have died because he wasnt running missions for the council anymore. If he was still a grey Jedi this would be a per set up for KOTOR 3.

PS.I played Revan as Light side, so Jolee Lived

He still might have been "eaten"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Maybe if Revan is set to be LS, you will get Jolee, if not someone else. Just a thought.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

But that's not it. The developers must cater for all possible outcomes. That's one of the reasons Jolee and the other folks never appeared in K2. The game was a sequal, and because stories must continue without plot breakups, couldn't just take the "canon" way. As it wouldn't be the story of those who played as eg. a darkside female. The canon is just for EU books et all.

If they were trying to make it fit in with every possible outcome then they failed. I cant think of any right now, but i remember there were inconstancies pointed out before in other threads, and it was concluded that LS male was the was reven was in the generic story.

EDIT: sorry if this is a bit offtopic :thumbsup:"

Since i cant think of anything special to back up this clain though, i'll just add in that in my first game revan didnt even buy hk47, yet in kotor2 he claimed reven was his master. certainly didnt fit in with my game :-

Edited by Cactus

I rather enjoyed it.

In my opinion Jolee and Juhani should have MAULED Revan and Bastila if there is a such a conflict between tham. It is a powerful Jedi Consular plus a powerful Guardian versus a ULTIMATEL POWERFUL sith lord and a whimpy jedi sentinel.

I have nothing against Bastila, but the Sentinel class SUCKS BADLY in K1. Ironically it is the most powerful calss in K2. If only the Sentinel in K1 was the Sentinel from K2. Ah, dreams............. :)

By the way is there a mod that can do so?

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Forgive me if this has been explained elsewhere.

The reason why Jolee, Juhani, Zaalbar, and Mission were left out of the What Happened To Them explanations is because these are the 4 party members that are killed on-screen if you go Dark Side. Rather than have to do a LOT of extraneous coding and cut scenes dependent on the LS/DS ending response you give to Atton about K1, they just left them out. That way if you saved the Republic, they're off doing other things to be revealed later. If you killed them all horribly on your ascencion to retake the Sith throne, there's no reason whatsover to see or hear about them.

Even if K3 is made, its slim that whoever does it will add them in carte blanche, for fear of ticking off the Dark Side Purists who would want the interal logic of K3 to match the path they took in K1 (and maybe K2).

Edited by Barachiel

Jolee :) and Juhani  :ermm:  died like the betrayers that they were. No one can stand in the way of the Great Revan and her mistress Bastila.

I bet Jolee Bindo can(with some help of Juhani, who is going to be used as a obstice between Jolee and Revan).

Darth Revan: Kneel before the power of the Dark Side. Your trust in the light is futile, old man. The dark side is always the more powerful path.

Bastila: Yeah!

Jolee: I don't think so.

*turns both Revan and Bastila into ashes with Force Storm*

Jolee: It is not the power that leads to the Dark Side, it is the way you use it.

Juhani: Well, that was quick.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

As for Mission and Zaalbar (the only characters from Revan's party you can't really say anything about), I hope it will be resolved in KOTOR III (and I want Mission as a party member again, but not Zaalbar, he was just boring, like Hanharr, and I never used him after rescuing Bastila).

I have an argument that Mission could still be alive regardless of Revan's alignment.

With an LS Revan, she lived to the end.

With a DS Revan though, she was "killed" on the whatchamacallit planet, right? Maybe not. I don't have any numbers available, but I'd assume a good proportion of people who played DS ordered Zaalbar to kill Mission. If that could be made "canon" for the DS Revan, then Mission could have survived. Sure, Zaalbar obeyed the order somewhat, but in defiance he didn't land a killing blow. Revan, with everything else going on and Carth still alive, didn't notice this. Hey, she was busy with trying to take over the galaxy! Or if she did notice, she could have just decided to leave Mission laying there to bleed to death and besides, there was nothing that waif could have done at that point to thwart her plans (edit: I didn't think of this part before, and I like it much better than Revan not knowing - it's darker to let Mission bleed to death and it would show Revan feeling unstoppable by that point. I also neglected who saved Missions life, and that could be either natives or stranded Republicans from a downed ship).

Fast foward to KOTOR 3 - Your PC is searching for Revan, and has been given directions to go meet someone on a certain planet who may be able to help.

If Revan was LS, you meet the Mission we all know and love, but older, more mature, more experienced, and a definite asset to your party who wants to help find her friend. I'd also like to think she became a Jedi, but that isn't important.

If Revan was DS, you meet a very different Mission. A dark and scarred version who has revenge on her mind, and so has been training and planning all these long years with one goal in mind - killing a specific Sith Lord. And depending on what alignment you're playing, you could cultivate her darkness or help her find peace and redemption.

So yes, I'd like to see Mission come back if there is a KOTOR3 too, and as a very useful and interesting party member. :ermm:

Edited by Atomic Space Vixen

Zaalbar?

What DS'er is so soft to take him back from Kashyyk..., instead of letting him rot at his brother's command?  :lol:

Because in the logic of the game, he'd make a useful muscley pawn until the time is right. You use him to watch your back until you get the power you need.

Forget about how useless he may be as an actual NPC, but the smart DS thing to do is use him until you can lose him. :)

Jolee :wub: and Juhani  :blink:  died like the betrayers that they were. No one can stand in the way of the Great Revan and her mistress Bastila.

I bet Jolee Bindo can(with some help of Juhani, who is going to be used as a obstice between Jolee and Revan).

Darth Revan: Kneel before the power of the Dark Side. Your trust in the light is futile, old man. The dark side is always the more powerful path.

Bastila: Yeah!

Jolee: I don't think so.

*turns both Revan and Bastila into ashes with Force Storm*

Jolee: It is not the power that leads to the Dark Side, it is the way you use it.

Juhani: Well, that was quick.

Morale: The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to wakness.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]