Pronunciation of Nihilus

How do you pronounce Nihilus?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce Nihilus?

• NEE-hilus
    • NAI-hilus

I chose NAIhilius. It sounds more dark and more Sith-ish.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I chose NAIhilius. It sounds more dark and more Sith-ish.

Well Nihilus comes from Latin, 'Nothing'. So in Latin you'd pronounce it Nee-hee-lus. Since this is Star Wars and not the Roman Empire, you can pronounce it however you like. Heck, you can even call him Darth 'Numanumayei'.

Edited by germi91

I always think "New-lus" but then again, I never really read the word before.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I always think "New-lus" but then again, I never really read before.

Fixed for accuracy. :p

I have a confession, I can only write, I can not read, so I am just assuming the above quote is praising my intellegence, but alas, I am not as smart as you thing, for as I said, I can not read. I am deeply sorry for misleading you all.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have a confession, I can only write, I can not read, so I am just assuming the above quote is praising my intellegence, but alas, I am not as smart as you thing, for as I said, I can not read. I am deeply sorry for misleading you all.

At least you can take solace in your superior, unequaled artistry.

ploy to prove you actually can read

Edited by Blank

See? It worked!

I sometimes call him NAIhilIus. I know the name commes form the Latin word for nothing, but my way sounds more like something a Sith lord would use as a name.

Plus you can still understand where does that name come from.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

It would have been much better if someone just called him by name ONCE, rather than "The One Who Destroys All", "The Lord of Hunger", etc.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

To me the Latin bit is irrelevant, since English (or should I say Basic?) is the main language in the game. Considering how he speaks his name might as well be Darth Gibberish, but in English both ways to pronounce his actual name are valid. It's just funny that you get to know so little about him that you're not even sure of his name.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Personally I go with Nih-HIL-us.

Though if you say Latin holds no baring on actualy pronunciation in Star Wars, it does raise an interesting point. For instance, The Imperator-Class Star Destroyer. How do you pronounce it?

I always thought it was Imper-AH-tor - but playing Rome: Total War, I discover it's Imp-EH-rator - well, it is how they pronounce it. I think it's very difficult to know EXACTLY how things were pronounced back in Roman times, since Latin has mutated since then.