Battlebots

DGwar

I am in an engineering and design class and we are doing battlebots. My group and i have entered into the 15lbs class and we are lost and helpless(well they are) If you have any suggestions or helpful hints please post or pm me.

thanx much

DG

In all of the Battle Bots challenges I’ve seen the spinners have always seemed to do real good.

The key is to get them to start spinning at extreme RPM’s as quickly as possible.

Not building up the revolutions fast enough and rapid enough is the spinner’s downfall.

Tsel :(

And needles full of anthrax, yeah that would be sweet.

'Cause everyone knows that a robot's weakness is anthrax! :)

Anyways, go with the spinners idea. ;)

Well I though more along the lines of shooting it at the dude controlling the other robot. Oh yeah. You have to be one step ahead, that

I'm sorry, I'm not a BattleBots wiz like you. I just assumed that it's against the rules to shoot lethal viruses at other competitors.

Topic Starter: You're lucky. You get to make robots! All I got to do was build coathangers and hat racks.... :)

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Try one that splits slides under it's opponent and lifts tossing it into a hazard... If that doesn't work watch the old shows, "Biohazard" and "Subject to change without notice" did extremly well.

Yes this used to be a show on Comedy Central. Donno what happened to it, I think it got turned into TLC's robot wars or somthing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I suggest adding a thermonuclear device to the bot and then getting a remote with gps. Far more efficient than being present and just flipping bots.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ah, when we get to the Mad Cat sizewise, I'll be the first one in line for a pilot. :- Though your general patlabor goes a long way to the right direction too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am in an engineering and design class and we are doing battlebots. My group and i have entered into the 15lbs class and we are lost and helpless(well they are) If you have any suggestions or helpful hints please post or pm me.

thanx much

DG

From what I have seen, smashers (using a heavy hammer) are pretty useless in that class. You want something that can cut and drill.

I suggest make a spikey ladybug design.

Explanation: lets go on the outside to the inside. You want a durable but mallable plastic covering. It will give in but won't break. Its primary weapon should be a simply high grade chain saw, but should have a secondary weapon to protect itself. That is where the Spiky comes in. On the central engine have drill bit expensions that covers it. High powered drills can do wonders against tires and tracks in rammed in at the right place and makes your opponent think twice from ramming you.