Help!

Honestly, all I know how to do is write well. I have my writing roots in old PnP games and was always praised for my writing skills. I'm in desperate need of a job (and what better place to beg), so I can get money to do important things like continue eating. When I lived in Miami, I saw quite a few homeless people... I never thought I'd be this close to joining their ranks.

So I have a proposition. I bet that I can turn a vague concept into something with features and a decent story outline within three to four days. Just to demonstrate my skill to anyone with hiring abilities. Or paying abilities. I need money. So please, ask upon me your vague concepts, and I will deliver unto thee a godlike response.

Honestly, all I know how to do is write well.  I have my writing roots in old PnP games and was always praised for my writing skills.  I'm in desperate need of a job (and what better place to beg), so I can get money to do important things like continue eating.  When I lived in Miami, I saw quite a few homeless people...  I never thought I'd be this close to joining their ranks.

So I have a proposition.  I bet that I can turn a vague concept into something with features and a decent story outline within three to four days.  Just to demonstrate my skill to anyone with hiring abilities.  Or paying abilities.  I need money.  So please, ask upon me your vague concepts, and I will deliver unto thee a godlike response.

I can hire you, but I can only pay you in popcorn kernals, and stale bread. That's good enough for someone who is almost homeless right?

I wasn't even trying to be an ass here but knowing how most forums are you are lucky I responded because no one else probobly would have. If developers gave jobs to every talented individual that posted on the forums...well I think you could see where that would go.

1. Don't use an actual email account in plaintext on the internet, especially a forum. It will be farmed by a spam-bot and you will drown in a deluge of spam.

2. Write a cv. Doesn't matter if you haven't obtained a specific qualification, or completed a particular training course; summarise what you have done that is relevant to the job you want (in your case writing). Fortunately, writing is one of those careers where life experience actually adds a lot of value (assuming the basics like spelling and grammar are present), so don't be afraid of what you've done.

3. Here's your challenge:

I want an honest description of what an eloquent ex-welder would say to secure a job writing in his chosen field of writing. One page is the target length: make sure you start with ten pages of raw stats, goals, achievements; even do a SWOT analysis on this character (Strengths / Weaknesses, Opportunities / Threats: usually done as part of a Business Plan, which can be used to seek seed capital for a start-up business, for example).

Then, think of a company that works in the field where you want to work. For every one of those target companies, investigate them (maybe that is talking to their HR), and try to send your cv to the best person.

Enthusiasm for a company is a rare attribute in candidates (especially in these cynical times); quite often you will find that a company might have a half-available vaacany in some other department (and a lot of the time such positions aren't advertised), and someone with initiative and drive is always attractive to the employer, as they are all trying to minimise expenditure, a lot of which is lost in employee turnover.

See? Right. Get to it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT