I can no longer watch anime without....

Every time I try and watch anything anime-related, I can feel my entire body tensing up and a tremendous feeling of loserness washing over me. I know it's a widely accepted and respected thing in Japan, but it all just seems so....creepy. ;)

It's the bambi eyes. I can no longer take the bambi eyes.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Anime is indeed atrocious. Revolutionary Girl Utena and Spirited Away stand as exceptions.* Feel free to worship them.

*list may be updated at some point in the future, but I'm not hopeful

Oh, please. Cowboy Bebop? Trigun? ****ing Trigun! Princess Mononoke's pretty cool, too. Mainly because of A****aka's stone arrows decapitating people. I mean, I can get behind the theoretical idea of an arrow being shot with such force that it severs limbs and even heads. But a clean ****ing cut? Man, I can't decide whether that's silly or just awesome.

But yeah. Most anime sucks. Due to the "95% of everything is crap"-rule. It's just that while western cartoons and tv-series which suck mostly just do so because they're... well... silly and stupid. Anime often sucks due to being silly and stupid and weird. We may have to write a letter to Japan.

Edit: Also, Ashitaka. Heh. Dem word filters can be tricksy.

I plan to see Princess Mononoke soon, as I have heard reports of non-suckage. Cowboy Bebop was fairly enjoyable, but not what I consider great - the characters (except for Ed & Ein) and a few other things really put me off.

Utena's characterization isn't brilliant, either, but I don't mind that because I see it as mostly symbolic. Also, crackheaded.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Anime is indeed atrocious. Revolutionary Girl Utena and Spirited Away stand as exceptions.* Feel free to worship them.

*list may be updated at some point in the future, but I'm not hopeful

Oh, please. Cowboy Bebop? Trigun? ****ing Trigun! Princess Mononoke's pretty cool, too. Mainly because of A****aka's stone arrows decapitating people. I mean, I can get behind the theoretical idea of an arrow being shot with such force that it severs limbs and even heads. But a clean ****ing cut? Man, I can't decide whether that's silly or just awesome.

<snip>

Edit: Also, Ashitaka. Heh. Dem word filters can be tricksy.

It always seemed to work for the Predators with their Spear Gun. B)

What? Just bunch of anime haters! Grrr...  :angry: You shall all worship anime... and fear my ninja.  :ph34r:

I think the whole problem with "anime" and it's fans is that some of the more annoying types of fanpeople somehow think it's perfectly logical to lump all anime together and view it as a single entity. Guess what? Anime has some good stuff, and a whoooooooole lot of bad stuff. Just like American cartoons. Saying that you like or dislike anime is like saying that you like or dislike movies. Just because you like watching good movies, that doesn't mean you immediately like, say, Gigli.

I mean, I just don't see the point of placing Cowboy Bebop and, for example, Sailor Moon in the same category and expect someone who likes one to automatically like the other just because it's from Japan.

Except maybe Casshern. I've no idea what's supposed to be going on there, but I feel like I must worship it.

The funny thing about anime is that the characters tend to look more American than Japanese.

Can you really blame them?

"Oh, I have a great idea for a character! Let's give him light skin, dark hair and dark eyes!"

Variety is the spice of life, and there's really only so many ways you can draw the ethnically Japanese....

I liked Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Tenchi Muyo, Bubblegum Crisis, Appleseed and the such.

If you think Anime is creepy then stay away from hentei. Legends of the Over Slong-Um I mean Overfiend is just a very very very very very very wrong thingie. When I was in the Navy a friend of mine made me watch the whole damn thing.

The scars will never heal! :rolleyes:

If you think Anime is creepy then stay away from hentei. 

Too late.

*shudder*

There are actually many exceptionally good anime series out there.

The problem is that the stuff we get on TV is either bad or badly translated.

Hentai is weird, but I was scarred more when I visited a seeming inocent American website featuring Buggs Bunny and Simpsons characters in similar acts :blink: