Dantooine quest and XP SP2 BUG

Well, i bought kotor2 and i have 2 things to report!

When i was playing in windows xp sp1 never happened problem, only some times game crash and back to desktop, but now in windows xp sp2 all time it happens, and in polar region (telos - combat against 3 droids hk-50) game crash every i cant finished this part.

BUGS: When crash windows send a message to report to microsoft bug. And some times my pc reboot.

Now in dantooine have a quest "Redemption" i dunno how finish it, i think dont have a final, probably game bug.

If anyone can help me with my two problems, please let me know.

NOTE: If anyone wanna see crash bug screen, reply here.

UPGRADE: Im using patch 1.0b english, but without movie and music patches.

Thanks!

Edited by jxxx22

BUGS: When crash windows send a message to report to microsoft bug. And some times my pc reboot.

For the rebooting: You may want to check the motherboard you're using. It could be your CPU (that is if you built your PC from scratch.) Though I'm not a computer expert... yet. ^_^ But I can tell you that from experience.

Now in dantooine have a quest "Redemption" i dunno how finish it, i think dont have a final, probably game bug.
That quest is bugged in the game itself and is currently being fixed by TSLRP.

And wtf is TSLRP?

If you haven't heard, TSLRP is a gourp of people named Team Gizka dedicated to restoring the cut content to what Obsidian Ent. really intended the game to be. The "Redemption" quest happens to be one of them. You might want to take a look at it here:The Sith Lords Restoration Project

Be warned: Spoilers within if you haven't finished the game.

Edit: a little fixy.

Edited by Darth_Pavel

Yes, i already saw, but i found nothing about this quest. Can u sayme what project name? tty

About xp2 bug, im running:

Windows XP SP2 - ORIGINAL (NO CRACK)

Processor: Amd Semprom 2800+ 2.0ghz

Memory: 512mb RAM DDR

Video Adapter: Geforce FX 5200 128mb

Im running game on 1024x768 HIGH mode.

Softwares running:

Kaspersky Personal Anti-virus pro 5.0.338 (REGISTERED)

Webroot Spy Sweeper 4.0 (REGISTERED)

Windows firewall

Alcohol 120% 1.9.5 (REGISTERED)

NOTE: I create imagem from my original disc using acohol to dont need using my disc all time. But i had this configuration in sp1 and nothing happened. I was reading about xp2 software problems, including kotOR but not about kotOR2.

Thank you!

UPDATE: Screenshot from bug!

UPDATE 2: This message is on portuguese, but u know whats.

post-14847-1128814766_thumb.jpg

Edited by jxxx22

Look, this bug is kind of getting beyond my expirence with PC's. I can work things out if it's hardware, but software... :ermm:

The other people here could try explainning this out for you, but the above suggestions is all I can give you. Sorry.

EDIT: :wub: !(I overlooked something) which reminds me, you stated you're running the game on 1024x768 HIGH mode, you might want to turn that down to 800x600 low mode. This is a guaranteed safe mode for the game.

Edited by Darth_Pavel

Let's pretend that never happened...

Harassment: We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated. In addition, Obsidian does not tolerate disrespectful and/or slanderous posts about its competitors, developers and publishers. Such posts will be subject to editing or deleting, with its posters censured or banned.

Oh, and on your edit; this edit

Objectionable Content: The use of abusive, vulgar or profane language, even if hidden through the use of symbols or other characters is not tolerated. Intentionally posting workarounds to our language filters are prohibited. Posts may be edited or deleted at any time by the moderation team, and depending on the severity and frequency of said posts, the poster may be censured or banned.
Edited by Battlewookiee

Ok sorry, but i have my opnion i paid and bought ORIGINAL game, i have rights to complain.

NOTE: Nothing to u Darth_Pavel im grateful for ur help.

Thx

UPGRADE: hmm... i didnt saw it, sorry!

Edited by jxxx22

Well, since it worked with SP1 and not with SP2, it's not an problem introduced by OE, isn't it?

It's more likely something (Bik-movies?) of your system is incompatible with SP2.

Might wan't to check if some back-ground program doesn't try to seek internet-connection during your play and runs into the firewall...

Also, do you have used Windows Update to install all patches?

Also try to re-install and play without 1.0B. It may fix issues for some, but for others it gives new ones...

EDIT: Do you log-in (on XP) as administrator?

Edited by Battlewookiee

yes, all updates did by windows update and in windows firewall kotor2 updater is allowed to internet.

NOTE: Using 1.0a happen this bug too!

UPDATE: all time in telos polar region and secret academy happen it, im stopped here, in sp1 i finish without many problems the o game!

UPDATE 2: of course

UPDATE 3: i dunno why its happen, but in gta san andreas work fine.

Edited by jxxx22

I talked with my friends play this game, and they said to me dont play in sp2, because have a lot of bugs, by new built on sp2.

Ok, i will check all imcopatible bugs and code a unofficial patch (i will not add my credits only obsidian), probably will update only some system files, im not sure now, in few days i post the patch.

Thx

You might wan't to read this see if it helps:

http://www.tweakguides.com/KOTOR2_1.html

Also, try updating drivers of your Video-card, or if most modern; down-grade them...

PS. Also have SP2 and both Kotor2 (fine; all) and SA (occassinal crash) work like a charm, so it's not a SP2 introduced issue (if everybody with SP2 had this this tech-help forum might have a lot more complaints)

Have a problem if i code a patch and public here?

Thx

No

And about why does X work but Y not:

Games and other PC-Programs are strange things. Even if your PC works perfect one day you'll meet a program who changes that, or just doesn't work (for total unknown reasons)...

Well, my geforce is updated to 77.77 last to my adapter, my adsl modem too, all is updated. if was a problem on my pc why dont happened on sp1? and why dont happen on gta sa? really i dunno i will check more about it

NOTE: Sorry for my english im not good with another langs

UPDATE: I was checking bug, its happen on windows module... Probably game is trying execute a unknown fuction on windows;

Edited by jxxx22

Bug Report:

AppName: swkotor2.exe AppVer: 2.1.0.0 ModName: nvoglnt.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.7777 Offset: 00047550

I cant paste all, because is too long, but i think kotor2 trying execute a unknown function on system causing crash, or some conflict about kotor2 and my video adapter, weird.

UPDATE: Problaby modules conflicts:

binkw32.dll

launcher.exe

Mss32.dll

Patchw32.dll

swconfig.exe

swkotor2.exe

swupdate.exe

utils\swstub.exe

nvoglnt.dll

kernel32.dll

Edited by jxxx22

Ok fixed module nvoglnt.dll (nvidia module), now game will not call to unknown function to geforce fx 5200 probably works for all geforce class, but another modules continues crashing. Ill continue posting my progress and when its finished i will public this patch.

UPDATE: im getting tired! Only in this area happen it argh!

UPDATE 2: My pc infos.

UPDATE 3: Ok, its my last update in this topic about this bug. Well i discovered something, Game call a correct fuction to video adapter but xp2 have not much support from geforce5 and earlier versions from geforce, and when video adapter call fuction to kernel32 he think is a unknown function. So the best thing to do when have this video adapter is back to sp1, i cant do nothing i havent windows xp sp2 source.

post-14847-1128824274_thumb.jpg

post-14847-1128824935_thumb.jpg

post-14847-1128824965_thumb.jpg

Edited by jxxx22

probably no, see notes a lot of CRASH BUGS fixed, and i tested using 1.0 on sp2. With patch or without patch bug continues... Im not so stupid, yet;

NOTE: I fixed this bug on secret academy/telos and polar region/telos now geforce dont request unknown command, but game gets slow, but i cant do nothing.

NOTE 2: On dantooine jedi enclave sub-level this bug happens too, incredible, im tired.

UPDATE: If anyone want help-me or have some ideas, pls letme know.

Edited by jxxx22

Well, problem isnt the game resolution or video quality. Ive played fine kotor2 on windows xp sp1, the problem is a possible incompatibility in windows xp sp2 and game with some video card.

And about reboot, probably, windows think game is using more memory than have in pc.

Thanks!