Peragus/Taris preference

I've read a few posts here and there about how people like Peragus better than Taris in Kotor1, and I just thought I'd ask "Why?" I think I liked Taris better: the music, meeting the players, and the totally different environments within the one world. For instance, you got involved with the gangs and swoop racing, pazaak, the cantina and the duels, the lower city/sewers and the rakgouls (sp). There was a lot to it. After doing Peragus, I feel like I mainly did one thing, explore the same kind of environment and kill the same kind of baddie.

I am enjoying the game, but I just saw those posts saying that Peragus was so much better. Maybe I should just play the game and not compare it to kotor1, huh! (I liked the Endar Spire (Kotor1) intro better than the Ebon Hawk intro, too)

To me, Taris is equivalent to Telos in the games. Paragus is like a longer Endar Spire.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

To me, Taris is equivalent to Telos in the games.  Paragus is like a longer Endar Spire.

Kinda agree there, but to me its more like Dantooine is the equivalent of Telos, because its the second real planet in the game, but i guess you could say Telos is the first real planet in K2 :p

But yeah i agree with everything the thread starter says about the two planets :).

P.S. Welcome to the boards linda! :-

Taris, hands down. :cool:

This is the best planet of both KotOR parts.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Both places are interesting, challenging, and very, very long. I prefer Taris because Peragus II is way too empty and repetative. Also the atmosphere of Taris was much better.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I think in some ways the Prologue and Peragus are like The Endar Spire and a little bit like Telos. But I think that Telos while on the Citadel Station is a lot like Taris because you're running around, doing all of these tasks to get off the Citadel Station, just like you were running around trying to get off Taris. And I think the Telos Restoration Zone is a lot like Dantooine because it's where you are set out to find the missing Jedi, just like you were sent out to find the Star Maps.

Really fair to compare a bustling three level city to an abandoned mining moon. Especially when other isn't even an intro level, but a real planet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I liked the feel of Peragus, but it was very monotonous and kind of boring. Taris was a much better planet then Peragus. I did like Peragus more the Telos. I dread Telos for some reason, it's one of my least favorite planets. Taris wins best planet for the KotOR series hands down though, at least for me. :-

Edited by hysrix

Guest MacLeodCorp
I've read a few posts here and there about how people like Peragus better than Taris in Kotor1, and I just thought I'd ask "Why?"  I think I liked Taris better: the music, meeting the players, and the totally different environments within the one world.  For instance, you got involved with the gangs and swoop racing, pazaak, the cantina and the duels, the lower city/sewers and the rakgouls (sp).  There was a lot to it.  After doing Peragus, I feel like I mainly did one thing, explore the same kind of environment and kill the same kind of baddie.

I am enjoying the game, but I just saw those posts saying that Peragus was so much better.  Maybe I should just play the game and not compare it to kotor1, huh!  (I liked the Endar Spire (Kotor1) intro better than the Ebon Hawk intro, too)

If anything I miss the cantinas, and the side quests they had.

Cantina Beakdown (KotOR I):

Taris (2)

Dantooine (1)

Manaan (2)

Korriban (1)

Cantina Beakdown (KotOR II):

Telos (1)

Onderon (1)

Nashadaa (2)

Alt the end, they were good games in their own right!

Wow, peragus was horrible. I kept saying to myself, "its going to get better, it has to get better." and for a short amount of time it did, then the ending happened (or didn't happen).

Peragus was three times worse than the endar spire in K1, let alone Taris. It was too long and boring and wow, couldn't you just mine your way through one of the walls to get to the ebon hawk? yes, you could.

Taris, definitely. Peragus was just booooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiing.

On Taris, you had Pazaak, bounty hunting, swoop racing (albeit one scene), a dueling ring, several distinct levels, lots of characters to interact with, shops, and a decent amount of enemies to kill, from Sith, to gangs, to Rakghouls, and better party member interaction, I think.

Peragus was boring, monotonous, and way longer than necessary. Taris was long, but at least it had stuff to keep you interested.

Comparing Taris to Telos due to the Endar Spire is bad...

It would be more like:

Endar Spire - Ebon Hawk with T3

Peragus - Taris

Telos - Dantooine

:wub:"

I disagree, since on the Ebon Hawk you weren't using your character. Ender Spire and Paragus both had that feeling of urgency, you felt like you needed to get out of there, and fast. Taris and Telos were both big cities and it was really your first chance to really interact with NPC's.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.