Battle.net

Pope

http://www.battle.net/

"10 7 05"

That means today. I'm betting they'll be announcing the WoW expansion, but that's not all...

Try refreshing a few times. There's a Terran and a Zerg to be seen as well. But that's not all...

Try refreshing a few more times. You'll get to see the undead, but instead of "10 7 05" it says ".999_ = 1"

Any thought on what that might mean? I'm hoping StarCraft 2, but it could be SC: Ghost as well (though that's already been announced).

Ghost goes gold?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Try refreshing a few more times. You'll get to see the undead, but instead of '10 7 05' it says '.999_ = 1'

Any thought on what that might mean?"

Apparently, some morons at battle.net forums do not believe that .999_ = 1, and threads where it is discussed are created quite frequently there.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Gamespot

Gamers will be able to get their hands-on time expansion for mega-popular MMORPG; Teaser on battle.net portends big news tomorrow.

If you visited battle.net today, you were in for a surprise. The site is sporting a splash page which bears the numbers "10 7 2005," which presumably means October 7, 2005--i.e. tomorrow. Behind the numbers is a rotating close-up of the left eye of several creatures from World of Warcraft, including an orc, an undead, and a night elf. Given the aura of grandeur the splash page presents, the prevailing opinion is that the still-untitled-but-confirmed expansion to World of Warcraft will be announced tomorrow.

However, two other creatures featured on the page raise the possibility that opinion could be wrong. One looks like a gnome from World of Warcraft, but could also be a Terran from Starcraft. Another resembled both a Starcraft Hydralisk or one of the dragons current menacing WoW denizens.

Whatever is announced tomorrow, one thing is certain about the World of Warcraft expansion--it will be playable at Blizzcon, Blizzard Entertainment's upcoming expo. On its Web site this week, Blizzard confirmed attendees of its annual event, which will be held October 28-29 at the Anaheim Convention Center, will be able to get their mitts on the first expansion to the wildly popular massively multiplayer role-playing game.

I'm going blizzcon related too.

Edited by kumquatq3

Guest Fishboot

I hope they just take you into a room when you walk into Blizzcon and lop off your head. Just hand out, "I am paying money to strengthen the Blizzard brand and generate free press." stickers at the door.

I hope they just take you into a room when you walk into Blizzcon and lop off your head. Just hand out, "I am paying money to strengthen the Blizzard brand and generate free press." stickers at the door.

:ermm:

I said "I'm going blizzcon related too" in reference to "Probably just indicates Blizzcon"....

I didn't say "I'm going to Blizzcon", which I'm not, mainly due to the fact that I'm to frightened to leave my house now

Guest Fishboot

:ermm:

I said "I'm going blizzcon related too" in reference to "Probably just indicates Blizzcon"....

I didn't say "I'm going to Blizzcon", which I'm not, mainly due to the fact that I'm to frightened to leave my house now

Haha, I see, no I wasn't mock threatening you, I read your post properly. I meant a general second-person "you", people who go to Blizzcon.

Edited by Fishboot

I would totally go to Blizzcon if I had the extra cash and the time to take a Friday off work.

1. You get to meet people you play WoW with. That's totally geeky, but now that I'm married I've embraced my nature and I don't care anymore.

2. You get a pass for a Blizzard Beta. Blizzard beta's are known to be seriously top notch, and difficult to get into. Both WoW and Diablo 2 were in beta for months running smoothly long before launch.

3. I'd get some swag. I love swag. $125 is not too much to pay for good swag.

There's some bizarre ASCII pictures of a pigeon with and without a hat on the battle.net site if you highlight the whole page.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Eh either blizzardcon or the Expansion of WoW (they were hireing testers for the expansion if you looked on their sight for a while)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.