God told me to invade Iraq

Baley

"Dubya"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Weeeird...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If god told him to invade Iraq... and god told the hijackers to blow up the WTC... Methinks we have a very capricous god

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If I'm not mistaken, the First Amendmen of the US constitution says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...

And then you have the Republicans who are imposing their 'Christian agenda' like trying to support official prayer in public schools. Republicans clearly say in their GOP Platform document 2002:

The Republican Party reaffirms the USA is a Christian Nation...

Then you have people like William Rehnquist, a conservative, Supreme court judge who goes saying:

The 'wall of separation between church and state' is a metaphor based on bad history which has proved useless as a guide to judging. It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.

With all of this, it doesn't suprise me when Bush goes saying in speech:

God told me to strike at Al Qaida and I struck them, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.

Better watch out Middle East, George W. Bush aka 'The prophet' ain't over just yet...His talk awfully reminds me of an another dude who saying pretty much the same:

I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. I am doing the Lord's work.

...oh yeah, know I remember, that was Adolf Hitler.

Then you have people like Tom DeLay.......DeLay said that God is using him to promote 'a biblical worldview' in American philosophy.

Nice, nice :thumbsup: [\sarcasm].

GOD IS WITH US

Quoting Adolf Hitler & George Bush & Osama Bin Laden

These are just classic examples of leaders exploiting God and religion to fuel their own purposes.....and I as a moderate Catholic will quote the Bible this time:

Then the Lord said to me, The prophets say false words in my name, and I gave them no orders, and I said nothing to them: what they say to you is a false vision and wonder-working words without substance, the deceit of their hearts.

Jeremiah 14:14

P.S. And yes julian, that are his words excatly.

The conversation is in English? Most meetings between political leaders use translators even if they could understand each other perfectly well.

I wasn't quoting the speech in the Baley's link, but another he made way before in 2003. And this is nothing new, because he has been doing it for a while now...

Edited by Hildegard

Hildegard - Then I agree that US's government policies should not be based on Bush's personal convictions about God.

Reveiled - Aren't you from Britain? You lived in US during the 80s?

No, but I've studied American History, and I plan to immigrate to the US in a few years. I'd like it very much if the Republican Party got rid of all their crazies before I arrive.

I never personally lived under a sane Republican reigime, but I still "miss" it in the sense that that is what I want, and I can't get it anywhere in the world anymore. Perhaps miss wasn't the right word, then.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

This is just disturbing...yet not unexpected.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast