I'm Really Impressed With Karen Hughes

Commissar

The following exerpts are taken from "Our Godless Constitution" by Brooke Allen in The Nation, February 21, 2005.

"Our Constitution makes no mention whatever of God. The omission was too obvious to have been anything but deliberate, in spite of Alexander Hamilton's flippant responses when asked about it: According to one account, he said that the new nation was not in need of "foreign aid"; according to another, he simply said "we forgot." But as Hamilton's biographer Ron Chernow points out, Hamilton never forgot anything important."

"In the eighty-five essays that make up The Federalist, God is mentioned only twice (both times by Madison, who uses the word, as Gore Vidal has remarked, in the "only Heaven knows" sense)."

"In the Declaration of Independence, He gets two brief nods: a reference to "the Laws of Nature and Nature's God," and the famous line about men being "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights." "

"More blatant official references to a deity date from long after the founding period: "In God We Trust" did not appear on our coinage until the Civil War, and "under God" was introduced into the Pledge of Allegiance during the McCarthy hysteria in 1954 [see Elisabeth Sifton, "The Battle Over the Pledge," April 5, 2004]."

"In 1797 our government concluded a "Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, or Barbary," now known simply as the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 of the treaty contains these words:

As the Government of the United States...is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion--as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity of Musselmen--and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

This document was endorsed by Secretary of State Timothy Pickering and President John Adams. It was then sent to the Senate for ratification; the vote was unanimous. It is worth pointing out that although this was the 339th time a recorded vote had been required by the Senate, it was only the third unanimous vote in the Senate's history. There is no record of debate or dissent. The text of the treaty was printed in full in the Philadelphia Gazette and in two New York papers, but there were no screams of outrage, as one might expect today."

:blink:"

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

As long we have the Moral Majority and Republican brainlesses (who are marginally worse than democrat brainlesses) who has to put the Christian god into everything this idiocy will continue. Only when we have a purely secular government where lobbyists and other no-gooders have zero influence when we have a government worth supporting.

Then you just have to let yourselves be conquered by the European Union. Ruling Eurocrats hate God and any religion. :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Its not that they hate god or religion, its just that most European politicians considers religion irrelevant to politics. And they are very right in doing so, a democtratic goverment must be secular.

Just to show you how ridiculous I think religon is and how terrible the consequences of theocracy can be:

Imagine if believing in Father Christmas was a world religion? Stern men in white beards would force everyone to wear red santa clothes, wars would be started over percieved poor choice of christmas gifts, children found to be naughty would be murdered by the thousands..

Its not a joke, religion has done this and will continue to do it until we put a stop to it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To put things straight: I totally agree with EU policy. Maybe I just described my personal stance as EU stance. Sorry for mess ;)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Don't be so disinclined. Situation in which war-crazed USA would be overseen by peaceful EU would bring stability and progress to our planet once and for all ;)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Yeah, I mean.. havent you ever seen Star Trek, Weiser? ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Surrender to us and you shall never see Bush and Republicans anymore! (w00t)

_39735595_flag_body.jpg

The EU High Commission will lock them down together with Milosevic and other war criminals.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

As a European I'm going to state I'm being repressed by a government with Christians at the head,

Are you from a real European country or some faux-eu-country like Greece or those..eastern countries.. the Poles and what not :lol:

As a European I'm going to state I'm being repressed by a government with Christians at the head,

Are you from a real European country or some faux-eu-country like Greece or those..eastern countries.. the Poles and what not :p

Would you care to explain to us what is excatly 'real' Europe?

Would you care to explain to us what is excatly 'real' Europe?

Very well *dons helmet of prejudice +5*

Europe consists of Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Schweiz, Germany, Austria, Italy and some minor tidbits like Malta.

Former east block countries are not european(they are russkies), and neither is Britain or Scandinavia. Greece wasnt really Russkie-country but it aint European if ye ask me!

:p

Well geography rather contradicts yopur theory. :p

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Europe consists of Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Schweiz, Germany, Austria, Italy and some minor tidbits like Malta.

Former east block countries are not european(they are russkies), and neither is Britain or Scandinavia. Greece wasnt really Russkie-country but it aint European if ye ask me!

:lol: Good joke :lol:

But when Russia, Turkey and all those other join we might have to change the name to the EAU

The Eurasian Union :D

But when Russia, Turkey and all those other join we might have to change the name to the EAU

The Eurasian Union :D

I'd so go for that. Were I not from an alleged russki country. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds