Light Side/Dark Side

I just started the game, and I'm a little hazy on the whole light side/dark side influence I have on my party members.

So I have this question: I want to be light side, so will it affect anything if I let my party members use Dark Side Powers? Those powers are really a lot of fun!

Nope, it wont affect them in the slightest. The only way their alignment will change is if you gain or loose influence with them, and when you do you will recive a pop-up promt saying "influence lost/gained: playername"

I belive the way it works is that each party member has their own Lightside/darkside alignment, and the more influence you get with a member the more they will go towards matching your own alignment.

I just started the game, and I'm a little hazy on the whole light side/dark side influence I have on my party members.

So I have this question: I want to be light side, so will it affect anything if I let my party members use Dark Side Powers?  Those powers are really a lot of fun!

1. Welcome to the boards. :p

2. If you want your PC and party members to be lightside, the only thing that will happen with using darkside powers is they will cost more force points to use. If you're a lightsider, using darkside powers is going to cost more force points then it would for a darksider. The only thing you can do about this is raise your PC's charisma to lessen the extra cost a little bit. :(

Hope that clears a few things up.

Thanks for the welcome!

I played Kotor 1, and I thought (and I could be wrong) that if I used Dark Powers, it shifted my alignment. So it doesn't do that in Kotor 2? Well, that's great, because there are some really cool ones to try out!

using the dark side powers in either Kotor is alright.

my Netural alignment Revan has Force choke and happily used on anyone that asks for it(sometimes I can wish I can use it on Carth or Bastila).

and my LS Exile happily used his Force Storm to lay waste squadoons of happy idiot that ran right into my LS Exile's Force Storm.

Kreia tends to use DS powers more often like Death Field, Kill and Plague although she does still use certain universal and lightside powers like Master Speed and Master Heal. In fact other characters like Visas also use DS powers more frequently than LS powers.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

The difference between Dark side and Light side in this game are not as big as they should be.

Anyway, WELCOME!!

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I wish the Darkside was a little bit more tempting...

As in sexually? 'Cause I know an outgoing gal, and we have a couple of Star Wars costumes, and if you're into that stuff I have a webcam in the basement....

Welcome to the forums, Linda! :thumbsup:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

It might have helped to have

LS Force Enlightenment

from

Atris

after confronting her in the

Telos base

near the

polar region

and learning

Force Crush

from

Nihilus

as these two represented strongly LS and DS respectively in K2 conceptual art. That might have placed some symbolic importance on

Atris

and

Nihilus

instead. It is hard to see how learning these powers from

Kreia

can be put into context in the game as she seemed to be of neutral alignment and DS later. (Her alignment never seemed to be LS) Besides, she hardly favoured LS or DS alignment in her dialogue lines.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

It is hard to see how learning these powers from

Kreia

can be put into context in the game as she seemed to be of neutral alignment and DS later. (Her alignment never seemed to be LS) Besides, she hardly favoured LS or DS alignment in her dialogue lines.

Well, it would make sense for her to be unbiased if her main motive was

the end of the force

. neh?