NAVY's killer dolphins

Hildegard

Zing?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

My brother has a profession training dolphins and studying them for the monterey aquarium, and from reading his reports I can tell you, they are quite stupid. They have the intellectual capacity of a carrot. For the longest time biologists thought they must be geniuses, the lot of them, because of a mental capacity which outstrips our own.

It is now known, however, that 96% of a dolphin's brain is only used during Echolation if at all. This leads biologists to believe that the reason they evolved large brains was for the capability of viewing three dimensional objects solely using sound.

For reference, the 4% which is actually used by the dolphin is about enough to give it the intelligence of a poodle.

I dont understand why people get all sad about it anyway. Oh, the poor dolphins, oh the poor dolphins! Give me a break... Besides, this story really does not look legitimate at all, and having studied military reseach in college, I could tell you right now that there are much better and cheaper ways of using programmable fish.

PS

The military (although it is a part of the government and therefore, by definition, innefficient) really isn't that stupid. This is a classic example of backwater sources attempting to undermine the confidence of the general population, otherwise simply pulling a stupid prank on all the surfers in the area. I can sympthize, I'm an enthusiastic surfer myself)

Edited by FridolinXXVI

Why not?  It is perfectly plausible to have trained dolphins to carry out military objectives.  They are highly intelligent, fast, and tough.

Plus everyone knows you can get a dolphin to do anything for a banana

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.