What do you think?

Hildegard

they're making a splinter cell movie too. And I'm begging for a warcraft movie...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Out of pure curiosity, what did they do?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

When Halo first hit the Xbox, it was pretty impressive, but Halo 2 was nothing special. Halo just had a good physics engine. Storywise it's nothing spectacular. I am intrigued to know Peter Jackson is directing. It could be a very good action movie. I'll probably see it just to support video game movies being made by decent directors.

what the hells Uwe?!

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

In my opinion almost every single movie based on a game will not have a good story and should not be takedn very seriously. Well, that is only my opinion.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Resident Evil wasn't terrible, but until you start seeing major games with good stories, you won't see video game movies with good stories either. When you go to see a movie based on a game you should expect action fluff, nothing more. Uwe Boll is bad though, and he's making Dungeon Siege, which is another game with no story.

Mortal Kombat...?

I don't think we should dismiss this right away, it does have promise but Halo is way too science fictiony for a movie. But i do think it could turn out pretty decent, as long as they take the correct approach.

And Baley is correct, if a movie is just complete and utter sh1t, then it must be funny. Look back to the recent movie thread and you'll see I mentioned Dog Soldiers. I've never laughed so much at a horror movie.

Dang...looks like I've been beaten for creating the thread.

I loved Halo as a game, but I just don't think it would really work out as a movie. It'd make a good scifi/action flick, but probably little more than that. It just doesn't have the depth of LOTR or King Kong. :(

I'm still dying to see it, though. :p Wonder who the cast is gonna be?

Halo games were meant for co-op and nothing else, but that's not a discussion this part of the board allows, so I'll leave it for later. Now, about the movie; although getting so big names for production means that the movie might have something good coming, I don't feel very hopeful for this newest thing in license movies. Sure there have been exceptions, but the universal truth goes that all movies made from games suck by default.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

nearly the same thing for the opposite: games made from movies, most of the time suck.