Pleaase Read-Online Play

I Sent this exact letter to Lucas Arts and i Hope Obsidian reads this and thinks about it.

Hello Lucas Arts,

I was a great fan of the game and enjoyed my time playing it. Now i do have a concern on its gameplay. Single Player is fun, and is perfectly perfect. But I was Talking with a friend Via Xbox Live and talking abolut if KOTOR2 would be online. I do beleive it has not been annouced but many beleive that making the online is impossible, which is not true.

Now We (Soriath-Myself and greyass-Friend) Have ideas how online play can work. First what you do is Grab a friend or 2 (which in the end Equals 3) You then Start a game, each person creates there character,skills, powers,ect. Instead the Game satrting of one you have three, which each player is controlled by that character's creator.

Now people have wondered what happens if one leaves? Well if one person leaves, that player will become a Computer Player, which of course is being played by a computer. Now once everyone leaves, the Last person will save on Xbox Live.

Now you must be wondering how does the first person that left get what the last person saved. Well, With the new Xbox Live 3.0, it would work like a clan, you would just download, since it would hopefully be saved on Xbox Live. Then If the other two come online they just join that game, or can start a new one with other friends.

It is a very good concept and i hope you atleast read this and give feedback. I Do Understand that you are probably almost finished the game, but i know greyass and I would wait a few more months after the Febuary release so you can make the programming for Online play, it would be worth the Wait, just like Halo 2. I Beleive if this game goes online, it will sell and the best Xbox RPG ever created. IF any other concepts about the online play is needed to be asked, contact me at this email Evil_Soriath@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Soriath

I Sent this exact letter to Lucas Arts and i Hope Obsidian reads this and thinks about it.

Hello Lucas Arts,

I was a great fan of the game and enjoyed my time playing it. Now i do have a concern on its gameplay. Single Player is fun, and is perfectly perfect. But I was Talking with a friend Via Xbox Live and talking abolut if KOTOR2 would be online. I do beleive it has not been annouced but many beleive that making the online is impossible, which is not true.

Now We (Soriath-Myself and greyass-Friend) Have ideas how online play can work. First what you do is Grab a friend or 2 (which in the end Equals 3) You then Start a game, each person creates there character,skills, powers,ect. Instead the Game satrting of one you have three, which each player is controlled by that character's creator.

Now people have wondered what happens if one leaves? Well if one person leaves, that player will become a Computer Player, which of course is being played by a computer. Now once everyone leaves, the Last person  will save on Xbox Live.

Now you must be wondering how does the first person that left get what the last person saved. Well, With the new Xbox Live 3.0, it would work like a clan, you would just download, since it would hopefully be saved on Xbox Live. Then If the other two come online they just join that game, or can start a new one with other friends.

It is a very good concept and i hope you atleast read this and give feedback. I Do Understand that you are probably almost finished the game, but i know greyass and I would wait a few more months after the Febuary release so you can make the programming for Online play, it would be worth the Wait, just like Halo 2. I Beleive if this game goes online, it will sell and the best Xbox RPG ever created. IF any other concepts about the online play is needed to be asked, contact me at this email Evil_Soriath@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Soriath

it isnt going to be online, sorry ;)

Blasphemy!!!! Thou Shalt Notheth Includeth Multi-playereth!

Seriously, bad idea man. No offense of course, but I just happen to not agree with it. ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Blasphemy!!!! Thou Shalt Notheth Includeth Multi-playereth!

Seriously, bad idea man. No offense of course, but I just happen to not agree with it.  ;)

dont shoot the messenger :p but the devs have already said its not gonna be online. there will be downloadable content but online play forget it....shame :huh:

Hello Lucas Arts,

Now people have wondered what happens if one leaves? Well if one person leaves, that player will become a Computer Player, which of course is being played by a computer. Now once everyone leaves, the Last person  will save on Xbox Live.

Thank you,

Soriath

It's too late now, mabye for kotor3 or 4(if they find someway to continue the game)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I don't think the problem is design, but rather programming and that the engine is totally broken for any multiplayer capabilities. 'least, that's the reason they've been giving over and over again. Many of these people majored in computer science - I'm sure their minds are sharp and imaginative enough to figure out ways to make it work, but they just don't have the time to gut the current engine as would be required.

It's too late now, mabye for kotor3 or 4(if they find someway to continue the game)

Hey, they have four-thousand years of history to fill. I'm sure they could squeeze out a third and fourth game. ;)

And anyway, I see no point in multiplayer for KOTOR. It just seems rather pointless. They could spend time coding other stuff rather than coding in a multiplayer that is only slightly fun.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

how would it be done? in the first one all three of u would have been revan. it wouldnt work with the plot

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

It wouldn't have been too hard to make the plot work. The only real problem is that Bioware wanted to improve the engine, and saw a way to go that would pretty much destroy online possibility. Online wasn't a major priority, maybe not even wanted by LA, so they kept writing over that code until the engine structure was inherently multiplayer incompatible.

they could make it so it's not the plot but you can play online after your beat the game once or something like diablo 2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

People make it sound like adding multiplayer support to an engine is like flicking a switch.

Scripting issues aside, there has not been any netcode consideration to the creation of the engine. None of us really know how difficult it would be to implement it (and implement it well).

If it was truly not a big deal, then there would be no reason for them not to do it. So I can only speculate that it is much more difficult than I would imagine.

I dont like the idea of KOTOR 2 online for a couple of reasons. It will take away from the theme of the game and star wars galaxies was released and not to highly rated by my standards. I think it should just stay single player like FF was before FFXI which SUCKED