New X360 exclusive game announced

Epiphany

It's called Chronicles Of Dust.

home with concept designs

CHRONICLES OF DUST GAME PLAY

Chronicles of Dust Video Game is a Dark Gothic Medieval Third-Person Action-Adventure Video Game powered by dramatic story telling for the X-Box 360 entertainment systems.

Experience the rich history of Dark Gothic worlds, unlike anything any mortal being has ever conceived. From a flat world inside an atom, to the rage of an evil god that wakes up in a dead and devastated world. Become a GOD as you journey through an epic deception and take your place as GOD.

Features:

* Increase your power and status with states of evolution.

* Engage in amazing combat with rage combo moves using physical agilities such as rage, torment, three sword combos, air acrobatics, devastating energy punches and the ultimate God power

* Strike fear into those that dare to oppose you by pulverizing them into every object you can possibly imagine.

* Realistic real world Physics that will allow you to destroy everything your mind can imagine, from destroying houses to bringing down large buildings. In game winds and weather systems.

* Artificial ecologies.

* Rational Artificial Intelligence parameters control the world and the Non-Playable Characters to give you an added feel of intelligence.

* Large free roaming animals can be seen throughout the world.

* Solve unique randomized elaborate puzzles.

* Nine unique worlds utilizing the Doom 3 game engine.

* Experience the uniquely detailed gothic architecture.

* Three point video camera angles to best capture the action.

* No in-game loading.

Experience the rich history of Dark Gothic worlds, unlike anything any mortal being has ever conceived.

Now that's a ****ing talking point!

LOL

Yeah, they're a little hyped up about their game, but it does seem interesting. I just think that Project Offset will trump this game like nobodies business if they both compete for a gothic/fantasy setting.

Once I see the gameplay, I'll pass on judgement.

Sh!t, just remember how good B&W's or Halo's features looked. :D

EDit: Oh, now those are bad names. Arkanius? Omgz, m3 maeg!!!11

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

* Realistic real world Physics that will allow you to destroy everything your mind can imagine, from destroying houses to bringing down large buildings. In game winds and weather systems.

* Artificial ecologies.

* Rational Artificial Intelligence parameters control the world and the Non-Playable Characters to give you an added feel of intelligence.

* No in-game loading.

This sounds really good. Especially about the animals and no in-game loading.

This sounds bad. I was not very impressed with the Doom 3 engine, but I'm betting they'll improve on it lots before releasing the game. Randomized puzzles though: spawn of the devil.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This sounds bad. I was not very impressed with the Doom 3 engine, but I'm betting they'll improve on it lots before releasing the game. Randomized puzzles though: spawn of the devil.

It's amazing how people aren't impressed by the Doom 3 engine. It's a phenominal engine, that's powering some impressive looking next-gen games.

Quake 4, Quake Territory, and Prey for example. One thing about Carmack engines is, they have tons of room to GROW.

Yeah, it's impressive looking alright. It also chucks and hiccups and every game so far made with it features characters whose skins look almost rubbery. I don't like it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's amazing how people aren't impressed by the Doom 3 engine.  It's a phenominal engine, that's powering some impressive looking next-gen games.

So what's so phenomenal about the Doom 3 engine then? The only thing that stood out in Doom 3 were the shadows. And they weren't impressive enough to compensate for the huge system demands. Besides, shadows had already been done to the same degree in Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief 3.

Just compare the Doom 3 engine to Source (less demanding, fantastic lip sync technology etc.), the Crytek engine (awesome view distance, gigantic maps) or Unreal 3 (streaming maps, cutting edge technology) and it becomes even harder to see what's so phenomenal about it. Maybe you have some info about it that I am unaware of?

* Increase your power and status with states of evolution.

Ph4t L3wt d00ds. 

* Engage in amazing combat with rage combo moves using physical agilities such as rage, torment, three sword combos, air acrobatics, devastating energy punches and the ultimate God power

liek PoP L0L!

* Strike fear into those that dare to oppose you by pulverizing them into every object you can possibly imagine.

HEADSHOT! r00fles!

liek, destructible environments that respawn when you come back d00ds. 

* Artificial ecologies.

liek, it's constantly changing, in the same way, every game, artificially. 

liek F.E.A.R. l0l?

liek, whoa, GTA man. 

liek, toaster+trashbin=key d00ds. 

Actually, I can't knock this, the guts of the Doom 3 engine were pretty good even though the game sucked.  If you've read up on Quake four you'd know what I'm talking about, it can do at least as much as the Crytek engine can. 

* Experience the uniquely detailed gothic architecture.

liek, whoa The Crow!!11!!11one1eleventyseven!

* Three point video camera angles to best capture the action.

liek, one in the wall, one under your face, and one under your feet, all useless. 

* No in-game loading.

As long as it's not buggy because of no in-game loading, that's pretty cool.  Streaming loading can do some wacky things when you move too fast. 

(w00t)

Seriously Epiphany, we can go to websites to, you don't need to whore out every newly announced Xbox game when there's not even really anything to look at besides a 1337 features list.

Seriously Epiphany, we can go to websites to, you don't need to whore out every newly announced Xbox game when there's not even really anything to look at besides a 1337 features list. 

But then the flip-o-meter would not be off the scale.

Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

So what's so phenomenal about the Doom 3 engine then? The only thing that stood out in Doom 3 were the shadows. And they weren't impressive enough to compensate for the huge system demands. Besides, shadows had already been done to the same degree in Deus Ex: Invisible War and Thief 3.

Just compare the Doom 3 engine to Source (less demanding, fantastic lip sync technology etc.), the Crytek engine (awesome view distance, gigantic maps) or Unreal 3 (streaming maps, cutting edge technology) and it becomes even harder to see what's so phenomenal about it. Maybe you have some info about it that I am unaware of?

Doom 3 the game is not fully representative of the actual engine that powers the game. I would have hoped you'd be intelligent enough to realize that the engine is capable of far more than what ID did with it on their game.

Just look at Quake 4 and Quake Wars. Quake 4 does more with the engine than D3 did, and Quake Wars is even more impressive. Prey looks better than Doom 3 as well. Carmack makes some of the best engines in development, and his Doom 3 engine is evidence of that.

It's called a copy/paste of the press release, you childish ****. Get over it.

Edited by Epiphany

Doom 3 the game is not fully representative of the actual engine that powers the game.  I would have hoped you'd be intelligent enough to realize that the engine is capable of far more than what ID did with it on their game.

Just look at Quake 4 and Quake Wars.  Quake 4 does more with the engine than D3 did, and Quake Wars is even more impressive.  Prey looks better than Doom 3 as well.  Carmack makes some of the best engines in development, and his Doom 3 engine is evidence of that.

Those other engines have shown us something impressive already. We have been able to play them. To see them run on our own rigs.

So far, compared to other games out there, the Doom 3 engine is nothing special at all. I suppose, as you say, it is capable of more....but we don't really know how much more yet. So far, it's just a next-gen engine that is, at best, a under achiever and at worst a sub-par engine.

Doom 3 the game is not fully representative of the actual engine that powers the game.  I would have hoped you'd be intelligent enough to realize that the engine is capable of far more than what ID did with it on their game.

Just look at Quake 4 and Quake Wars.  Quake 4 does more with the engine than D3 did, and Quake Wars is even more impressive.  Prey looks better than Doom 3 as well.  Carmack makes some of the best engines in development, and his Doom 3 engine is evidence of that.

Just look at Quake 4? I'm sorry, I don't have access to your imaginary world or your time machine so I can't compare yet. So far, the only thing we've seen of the Doom 3 engine is.. Doom 3. You can look at all the previews in the world, but you still have nothing to back up your statements with. And you have not been able to tell anyone what's so phenomenal about the Doom 3 engine either. Since you used the term phenomenal, I'm assuming it does something that the other engines don't, and exceptionally well nonetheless. Now, what is it?

You're living proof that hype really works.

Edit: Formatted the text to look better.

Edited by mkreku

The only engine on the market that is on par with ID Softwares is the U3 engine, which isnt even released yet. To my knowledge, no other engine has the same advanced shaders, lighting and fast processing of normalmaps

I played Hl2 just to ckech out the Source engine and I cant understand how anyone could claim its an equal of D3. Its built on old technology thats been patched up, it runs well on older machines but thats basicly because its an old engine in disguise :wub:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's called a copy/paste of the press release, you childish ****. Get over it.

Did you have to edit because the first offensive word you used in that insult was filtered?

n.

1. Vulgar Slang. The vulva.

2. Offensive & Vulgar Slang. A woman or girl.

3. A man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany] 2: obscene terms for female genitals [syn: ****, puss, ****, slit, snatch]

Did you have to edit because the first offensive word you used in that insult was filtered? 

n.

1. Vulgar Slang. The vulva.

2. Offensive & Vulgar Slang. A woman or girl.

3. A man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany] 2: obscene terms for female genitals [syn: ****, puss, ****, slit, snatch]

I felt it move after reading that. :wub:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)