New Bioware game announced for Xbox 360

Epiphany

I don't understand why people would want to go back in time.  Personally I rather go forward in time, pick up some interesting tech, then come back to the present.

I absolutely agree with you, about the going forward in time. Though depending upon the societal changes, I might not even return.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Hmm, this is going to make three games in a row I don

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Interplay was making crappy console titles. Bioware is making good console titles. There is a difference. Also Bioware has solid development on a PC title. I don't see where they are betraying or alienating their PC audience. They are just seeking to gain a console audience along with the PC audience.

They didn't ebtray anyone. They owe us NOTHING. Nothing. Nothing. Nothiong. Just because YOU spent $50 on BG or NWN doesn't mean they are your slaves. The only thing you are entitled to when buying BG is BG. Period.

As for forgetting the PC; whatever. Dragon Age disproves this. The continue strong support of NWN disproves this.

Why are people making things up that is full of so many holes it's a joke.

On top of this, BIO has beend evloping for console almsot since they started making games. Also, BIO has *never* claimed to be a 'PC Rpg maker only' developer.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Back on topic about Mass Effect, I noticed it says it'll be the first in a trilogy. Does that mean Bio's going to be working on those three games for the next few years? Or will Obsidian scoop up ME2? :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Back on topic about Mass Effect, I noticed it says it'll be the first in a trilogy.  Does that mean Bio's going to be working on those three games for the next few years?  Or will Obsidian scoop up ME2?  :blink:

I think that Obsidian will be busy with their own games. After NWN 2 I don't see them taking on another Bioware hand-me-down unless its BG 3.

GOA: BIO has 200+ employees. They have no worries when it comes to how many games they cna make. They are likely very capable of making even 4-5 games ata time if they so wished it.

I guess what I meant was whether BioWare was planning on doing all three games in a row, or if they'd release ME then work on JE2 and another game, then maybe 5 or 6 years later release ME2, then have a gap where they work on other titles, then release ME3.

Perhaps one team is working on all three installments so that team will be occupied for the next 5 or 6 years.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They'll probably do what they normally do. A core team for eahc game + other employees who 'make the rounds' so to speak. But, yeah, I figure that the entire trilogy will have the same core team (notwithsanding firings or quittings of course)>

Interplay was making crappy console titles.  Bioware is making good console titles.  There is a difference.  Also Bioware has solid development on a PC title.  I don't see where they are betraying or alienating their PC audience.  They are just seeking to gain a console audience along with the PC audience.

This is one of the more concise points I've ever seen Hades do. And it's true to boot!

Oblivion on the X360 will outsell the PC version by a large margin as well.

Now it all makes sense... Can you loan your time machine for me?

It's not a matter of time travel, it's a matter of common sense. The fanbase for the Elderscrolls III: Morrowind was 3 to 1 on Xbox over PC. Do you honestly think the shift is going to be so drastic that everyone has magically switched platforms?

Looks utterly generic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds