New Bioware game announced for Xbox 360

Epiphany

Mass Effect (MGS-BioWare Corp.): Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, Mass Effect places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, Mass Effect challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land. Mass Effect is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story, where the real conflict between organic beings and artificial intelligence comes to life in startling clarity.

Mass Effect (MGS-BioWare Corp.): Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, Mass Effect places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, Mass Effect challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land. Mass Effect is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story, where the real conflict between organic beings and artificial intelligence comes to life in startling clarity.

I'm assuming this is a RPG? Squad of freedom fighters almost made it sound like a FPS or Squad based tactical game.

It does sound intriguing, although I'm assuming it'll still be another 3 or 4 years away.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm assuming this is a RPG? Squad of freedom fighters almost made it sound like a FPS or Squad based tactical game.

It does sound intriguing, although I'm assuming it'll still be another 3 or 4 years away.

It's a FPS-RPG hybrid using the Unreal Engine 3.

^Like totally, dude.

The premise sounds interesting, if not clich

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, on the other hand it's a Bio game, so I'm not too hyped.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Bioware, of course, was the developer responsible for the two Knights of the Old Republic Star Wars RPGs that helped give the Xbox real credibility in that genre, as well as the more recent Jade Empire.

Do the people writing these articles not have a clue what they're talking about?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1. It better be a RPG.

2. If it has FPS aspects, it be better much improved comapred to what we saw in BL's attempt at the combo if stats and FPS style combat.

3. Since it sounds like it'll be a squadron ie. party based game the rules should have variancy so characters can differ.

4. It better have dialogue, and othe rnon combat skills like stealth, computer use, and the like.

5. It better have a dwarf like race.

Game over.

P.S. GOA: I noticed that too. They are stupid.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Confirmed by a Biorep: It's an action RPG. I hope it's action RPG ala JE not ala BGDA though.

Screenshots Here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/718/718963/imgs_1.html

Looks good graphically; but nothing that makes me go,"WOWSERS!"

Edited by Volourn

^Got your dwarves, it seems. :D

kirottu said:

Great, another big waste.. why cant the console whores quit stealing games from us righteous PC users?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's not a dwarf. It's a tin can. Doesn't count though I've been given a pretend promise that they'll try to add a 'dwarf character'.

R00fles!

P.S. Stop your whining, Kaftan. :unsure:

Great, another big waste..    why cant the console whores quit stealing games from us righteous PC users?

lol

Didn't you get the memo? Console gaming is where it's at, the PC industry is a sinking ship.

lol

liek totaly

kirottu said:

Console gaming is where it's at, the PC industry is a sinking ship.

That's not what my fancy, 500-page, 50

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Confirmed by a Biorep: It's an action RPG. I hope it's action RPG ala JE not ala BGDA though.

Screenshots Here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/718/718963/imgs_1.html

Looks good graphically; but nothing that makes me go,"WOWSERS!"

If it's a RPG ala JE I'll look forward to it. If it's too much FPS and too little RPG then I might pass (*might* being the key word depending on what other games are available when it's released).