• Double-bladed Lightsaber
    • One Melee Vibroblade
    • Two Melee Vibroblades
    • Double-edge Vibroblade
    • Lightsaber + Vibroblade
    • Unarmed
    • Blasters
    • The Force

I always find myself grenading the Rakghouls. I always found it so annoying that they could poison you so easily. I mean, wouldn't that mean Revan gets the disease? Sure you find a cure after a while, but some fate if the Dark Lord was redeemed only to end up as a drooling monster on some backwater world...

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

whenever i use grenades they do 10 damage... i hate grenades, they're worthless to me.

They take too much time to get to the target and detonate, the blast can hurt your party, the enemy will sometimes run away from it (though not on purpose).

Adhesive grenades i can see would be useful if i depended on blasters, but i only use force storm... and it doesn't get boring because i am always amazed at how powerful it is and i like seeing one out of 10 guys survive and then kamakazi toward my party to try and get a hit before the second force storm.

Edited by Blank

Sling shot!

The might weapon of the Star Wars Kid!

(I think it was Force Pike)

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32729

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The short lightsabre is dull. It has a balanced attack modifier, butt less damage. The normal one, on the other hand has more damage, while its attack modifier is little less. So, as I see it, the result is more or less the same, but two REAL lightsabres are much better, plus your character looks cooler.

Edited by Bulgarian Jedi

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Yeah. It still irked me in K2 how much ranged combat sucked. Mira was probably the only one that was awesome at ranged combat, but even that was after she had about twenty feats modifying her ranged combat. :) And even the most powerful blasters in the game still don't hold up to an upgraded lightsaber.

800 posts, people! Yeehaw!!!!! :D

Ranged combat was so much better in this game. I can't believe what some of you are saying. Did any of you actually play a character that specialized in ranged combat? I did.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah.  It still irked me in K2 how much ranged combat sucked.  Mira was probably the only one that was awesome at ranged combat, but even that was after she had about twenty feats modifying her ranged combat.  :)  And even the most powerful blasters in the game still don't hold up to an upgraded lightsaber. 

800 posts, people!  Yeehaw!!!!!  :D

I agree - you needed a lot of upgrades and feats to back it up.

Mira was good with the Mandalorian Disintegrator and another Mandalorian thingy, coupled with those good-shot feats (can't remember what it's called)

My HK was probably even better, with a Disrupter Rifle upgraded for max criticals and attack bonus, with HK accuracy items (like that bonus vs organic), accuracy ranged feats, sniper shot, and the deadly assassination feat.

Ofcourse as you can see that's quite a list and the those feats, especially the assassination protocols are quite "normal" until you get the 50% damage on, max level.

Anyway seemingly much more hassle then a well configured lightsaber(s).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

...and misses all the time so that little boost in damage never applies.

I don't think so. I played through the second half of Peragus with dual swords and I was able to hit my enemies most of the time and that was without "Finesse Melee Weapons".

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Ranged combat was so much better in this game.  I can't believe what some of you are saying.  Did any of you actually play a character that specialized in ranged combat?  I did.

No. I can't play any game ranged. No matter how hard I try, I always find myself picking up a blade and rushing into the chaos. Killing's no fun if you don't get a little blood on you. :)

sig2.gif

Ranged combat was so much better in this game.  I can't believe what some of you are saying.  Did any of you actually play a character that specialized in ranged combat?  I did.

No. I can't play any game ranged. No matter how hard I try, I always find myself picking up a blade and rushing into the chaos. Killing's no fun if you don't get a little blood on you. :-

Very true. But in all fairness, sometimes there's nothing like killing off hordes of enemies without moving and being able to laugh at them from a distance. :cool:

No.  I can't play any game ranged.  No matter how hard I try, I always find myself picking up a blade and rushing into the chaos.  Killing's no fun if you don't get a little blood on you. :-

Very true. But in all fairness, sometimes there's nothing like killing off hordes of enemies without moving and being able to laugh at them from a distance. :cool:

True, but that's what my FPS collection is for. RPGs are for hacking and slashing.

Oh Gordon Freeman, what wonderful times we have with the overwatch pulse rifle. Poor Combine, you almost feel bad for them... ^_^

sig2.gif

FFS's = :- (proudly holds copy of Halo and Doom)

But that's not to say RPG's can't have ranged fun, either. One of my fondest memories is playing Diablo II as a sorceress and unleashing meteors and lightning from above and watching hordes of enemies explode in a fiery death. :wub:

My fondest memory of Dungeon Siege 2 (I never had the pleasure to play Diablo) is duel wielding a fire katana and an ice katana and blindly charging an army, making sure each minion got a good look at my masked face before they drowned in their own blood.

I'm starting to scare myself... :-

sig2.gif

The short lightsabre is dull. It has a balanced attack modifier, butt less damage. The normal one, on the other hand has more damage, while its attack modifier is little less. So, as I see it, the result is more or less the same, but two REAL lightsabres are much better, plus your character looks cooler.

Definately cooler to look at and awesome power :D (Plus I had two silver ones...) :huh: