From Russia With Love...

Petay

Linky!

New Bond game in development :(.

I've liked a few of the Bond games EA have produced in the past, but are they really that dry on ideas so that they need to use an ancient movie as the main story for this game?

Im a bit skeptical about this game really :huh: Not sure what to think.

The past few Bond games out have been a real dissapointment. I will stay optimistic though, because I love the James Bond franchise.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Alos, it doesn't look like a first person shooter, it looks like a third person, like that second to last one.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest Fishboot

Is there any news about developers adopting some kind of hybrid animation/ragdoll physics system? I'm beginning to find the standard where games operate with static animations when a character is alive and then ragdoll when dead jarring - for example, in a lot of games a character will be at the edge of an explosion but survive it, and because he is in alive mode doesn't move an inch while an enemy one foot closer to the explosion will be killed and blown halfway across the map when he goes into ragdoll. I could see a hybrid system leading to lots and lots of emergent gameplay - knock a guy's legs out from under him in melee without having to specifically design and animate it, procedurally introduce elements of real combat like overextension and centering of mass, things like that. Is that in the works somewhere?

Is there any news about developers adopting some kind of hybrid animation/ragdoll physics system? I'm beginning to find the standard where games operate with static animations when a character is alive and then ragdoll when dead jarring - for example, in a lot of games a character will be at the edge of an explosion but survive it, and because he is in alive mode doesn't move an inch while an enemy one foot closer to the explosion will be killed and blown halfway across the map when he goes into ragdoll. I could see a hybrid system leading to lots and lots of emergent gameplay - knock a guy's legs out from under him in melee without having to specifically design and animate it, procedurally introduce elements of real combat like overextension and centering of mass, things like that. Is that in the works somewhere?

Someone is probably working on it, somewhere. Ragdoll physics are interesting, if you like them...Go rent Flatout.

I like the third person view. Bond games should focus a litte more on stealth and a little less on walking into the room and gunning down 12 guards with an AK. :-"

wait, have you seen a Bond movie before :huh:

In the last one he surfed on a giant wave created by a laser in space breaking off a chunk of ice into the waters off Greenland.

In "From Russia With Love" he must have killed 20+ men, 2 helicopters, and 3 patrol boats. Plus 1 super secret counter agent.

Edited by kumquatq3

Guest Fishboot

I'd like to see some kind of dialogue system that actually tries to be a game rather than a role-playing experience... like, you're trying to bluff your way past a guard, and if you don't successfully bluff you get shot and have to reload. If you did that with BIS-style roleplaying text it would just be a matter of memorizing the correct progression of dialogue choices and be pretty suck in terms of being a game. I don't really know how to do "action dialogue" (quick interpretation of Half-Life 2/Bloodlines style facial cues?) but it would be interesting to see an attempt, and obviously would be tremendously useful for an espionage game that's more like a (classic) Bond movie (or, tantalizingly, a realistic espionage scenario game) than Splinter Cell.

I like the third person view. Bond games should focus a litte more on stealth and a little less on walking into the room and gunning down 12 guards with an AK. :)"

wait, have you seen a Bond movie before ;)

In the last one he surfed on a giant wave created by a laser in space breaking off a chunk of ice into the waters off Greenland.

In "From Russia With Love" he must have killed 20+ men, 2 helicopters, and 3 patrol boats. Plus 1 super secret counter agent.

Your right, I just want to see a little more stealthy, it couldn't hurt right? :)