Movie time problem

something that has always bugged me in kotor 2 is the time it takes for the movies to trigger

for example when I take the shuttle down from citadel station to the telos surface there are 3 seperate movies that trigger

I get the shuttle taking off and dipping towards the planet.....the I wait about 2 - 3 minutes......

and then I get the Shuttle flying across the surface of the planet then i wait another 2 -3 minutes then I get the turrets shooting at my shuttle

the another minute and a half later I get my shuttle crashing on the telos surface....

I just get some really bad timming with the movies........does anyone else get this??

and i know its not my computer Its a pentium 4 with nvidia graphics card and I keep at least 20 % of my hard drive free at all times...

so is there something im doing horribly wrong?

This is just a very early hunch and a bad sign if it's true - hope it's not. Are you using the new larger movies? (I'm still downloading)

Maybe with the way they've done the game it preloads all the movie, so if they're bigger, they take longer......nah...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

No I havent even downloaded the high quality patch yet...I was actually referring too the old movies....

and as much as defraggin the hard drive sounds like a good idea.....I have played kotor 2 when my hard drive has been practically empty......and I have still encountered the same problem

another thing I though I might just throw in that bugs me.....

I lag in exactly 2 places in every game I have ever played......and it drives me crazy

1. On peragus when you are T3 - m4 I go shooting forward randomly and freeze up and lag like i've never lagged before

2. In the Jek Jek Tar the exact same massive freeze up lag happens to me

it was so bad at first I actually wasnt able to finish kotor 2 untill 3 months after I got it because I literally could not go farther then the Jek Jek tar

and then I found out the way to cheat the lag.........I had to walk with my camera view facing my characters face......and watching the scenery behind me........and I was able to finally get through those two spots

and it happend every game

any ideas??

This is the first time I go on the tech-help forum and I am suddenly glad to have an Xbox. Gee, I wonder why?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you're using Windows XP, microsoft released a hotfix for that issue about a year ago. I'm not sure exactly what it is called, but it may help. You should have all the newest updates installed anyway  :D

wow theres a fix for what I have.....you wouldnt happen to have a link would you?

No, I'm sorry. I don't. I think there's a search engine on their site which may help though.

I know my movies in K1 and a little in K2 lag. (K1 is horrible) but not that much. There are people in Lucas arts that know what you could do (Yoda's help desk or something like that)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"