JEBUS... HQ Media patch thingy on front page!!

Could mister Kirby stop complaining for a while?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest MacLeodCorp
BTW what resolution are the videos? Not too worried about them but it would've been nice to have that info in the readme.

1600x680

And I don't see any improvements...

There are slightly better improvements; however, they are suddle to the eye. For example, the detail on the Ebon Hawk looks clear during the take off scenes. When I bump the resolution up, I can see some really big differences, for the movies now come in clear. When I used the old movies, at a higher DPI, they will render choppy and bitmaped. Now, they come in almost perfect clearity. Sorry if I repeated myself... :shifty: I am also using a 256MB graphics card now, and when I first played the game I was using a 64MB graphics card. I am sure that the upgrade has helped also.

Everybody now ...

Say it with me ...

"Thanks for the movie/music fix Meeester Luuucas ...

BUT GIVE US A BUG FIX!!!!!!!

..............GIVE US A BUG FIX!!!!!!!

...........................GIVE US A BUG FIX!!!!!!!

........................................... A BUG FIX!!!!!!!

....dammit! :shifty:

Anywho, can anyone tell me exactly what music files ARE mono 22khz?

The music files that are still mono are mus_a_801 so far and they're not 22kHz. They are just what windows displays in the summery. Open it with winamp and look at it.
Say it with me ...

I'll join you... (Edit: Nevermind.)

GIVE IT A BUG FIX!!!

Edited by Darth_Pavel

BTW what resolution are the videos? Not too worried about them but it would've been nice to have that info in the readme.

1600x680

And I don't see any improvements...

I see slight improvement, and the transitions between game and movies are a lot smoother now.

of course the transitions are smoother. Before HQ media content patch movies came from CD but after the patch they come from hard drive.

When it comes to the movies... I started playing KotOR II again tomorrow, I'm actually on Peragus and from the movies I saw (I've watched also some of the movies I had unlocked during my previous game-finising) I can say the movies are at higher quality. :shifty: Some of you complain you don't see any difference... You know what I think? What resolution are you playing on? I'm using 1024x768 and the movies look good now. Maybe if you're using a higher resolution, the movies look worse? I don't know, these are only my speculations...

(An awful muliquote)

of course the transitions are smoother. Before HQ media content patch movies came from CD but after the patch they come from hard drive.

Nope, nowadays all the content of a game is copied to HDD including KotOR II. The video were in a directory called "movies", so they always came from the hard drive. The CD is only here to bore you with CD-check to be sure you really legally own your copy of the game.

When it comes to the movies... I started playing KotOR II again tomorrow, I'm actually on Peragus and from the movies I saw (I've watched also some of the movies I had unlocked during my previous game-finising) I can say the movies are at higher quality. :shifty: Some of you complain you don't see any difference... You know what I think? What resolution are you playing on? I'm using 1024x768 and the movies look good now. Maybe if you're using a higher resolution, the movies look worse? I don't know, these are only my speculations...

I don't see any difference.

Also running 1024x768

I begin to undestand why handling a community is so hard. Anyway, it seems that Obsidian has moved to other projects (NWN2 and New Jersey). I don't know if LA has even any dev team now, so a new bug fix is very unlikely. Perhaps some modders will make unofficial bugixes ala Vampires Bloodlines.

Edited by Mark Havel

I begin to undestand why handling a community is so hard. Anyway, it seems that Obsidian has moved to other projects (NWN2 and New Jersey). I don't know if LA has even any dev team now, so a new bug fix is very unlikely. Perhaps some modders will make unofficial bugixes ala Vampires Bloodlines.

Well, it seems more and more companies are beginning to shaft their customers once they get our cash..

I think there should be a law that when they release a product they are required to make sure it is finished and bugless or risk being heavily fined. (bugless as in, no gamestopping bugs)

If any other bugs are present they HAVE to fix them or risk being fined again, just my opinion.....games would be much better if they cared more about us then their profit margin.

Also, the movies are still basicly 640x480 quality, just stretched to a higher resolution...what a way to save money.

Edited by JamieKirby

(An awful muliquote)

Nope, nowadays all the content of a game is copied to HDD including KotOR II. The video were in a directory called "movies", so they always came from the hard drive. The CD is only here to bore you with CD-check to be sure you really legally own your copy of the game.

Ok ... so if the movies are on my hard drive (before the HQ patch) ... then why did my cd-drive get so noisy when ever movie was played? What was the game reading from my cd during the movie scenes?

Could mister Kirby stop complaining for a while?

Accually i can complain, as long as i don't get insulting....and i have a right to complain, i spent my money on this game and it isn't even finished.

It's also really annoying and doesn't help. Go join the Restoration mod team, if you want something done. Moaning on a fan board just doesn't help.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds