JEBUS... HQ Media patch thingy on front page!!

OMFG!!! I can't believe they actually released it! Thanks alot Obsidian!!!

But now they finaly released it, wouldn't it be nice if they told us IF they are doing any more patches for the game, like another bug patch or a content patch? (I'm afraid that isn't very likely though...)

Thank you Obsidian for finally getting around to giving us patches for it.

Some of my faith is restored in that I have discovered the true problem: you don't lie to us, you just don't understand the difference between a couple days (or wvr morgan said earlier) and a couple months.

This is just uninformed and (some other word about my ignorance) speculation, but I'd guess that it might have taken so long in the fact that nvidia appears to be hosting the files. Apparently they didn't want to shell out the bandwidth themselves.

But honestly, thanks for finally getting around to releasing it.

Doh ! I were beginning to lose any hope to see this patch coming, and here it comes, in "late september" as someone in theses forums predicted it. That's quite marvellous.

Well, thanks Obsidian and LucasArts for having take care of us :).

From the music patch README ...

"This asset patch is supplied for use AS IS and is not officially supported by LucasArts or Obsidian

Entertainment. LucasArts and Obsidian Entertainment will not offer customer support in the install-

ation or application of these assets and are not responsible for any problems which may arise from

their use. Although we have tested these assets, they are offered AS IS. Use this patch AT YOUR OWN

RISK."

Not something I'd expect from an officially-supported game :huh: ... but oh well ... at least they did it - six months after I bought the game.

Guest MacleodCorp

After I installed the movie and sound patch, the game performance seemed clean. A lot of the detail, which could not be seen in the originals, are now seen in clearity. Some details that I over looked before, I am now noticing. As for the sound patch, the mp3s sound more theatrical in nature. FYI - The sound files are packed within the movie patch.

Guest Lawman

Before I atempt to download it, can anyone tell me if it is really worth the effort re onstalling KoTOR2 and downloading the patch?

Nice, this is finally released! I've never gotten around to really playing TSL yet. First I ran into the swoop racing bug which made me stop playing. When the patch was released I heard about the HQ patch which was supposed to be coming out *soon*. So I've been waiting for this to start playing.

I'm not sure about the people who say they see no improvement in the movies, but I compared the first couple movies today before and after patch and the movies look a lot better to me.

Guest MacleodCorp
Before I atempt to download it, can anyone tell me if it is really worth the effort re onstalling KoTOR2 and downloading the patch?

It all depends on how you feel about KotOR II. I reinstalled the game, so I can see the improvements. However, I think it comes down to: "Did you have fun playing the game? and Do you think it would be fun to play the game again?"

Guest Lawman

It all depends on how you feel about KotOR II. I reinstalled the game, so I can see the improvements. However, I think it comes down to: "Did you have fun playing the game? and Do you think it would be fun to play the game again?"

Then the answer is no, it was fun the first time but if it brings nothing new then I wont bother.

Well, just thought I'd pop in and say Cheers for the music patch! I'm sure it's very spiffy (will d/l shortly) :) Audio is important to me though and quality is very noticeable on my Senns.

BTW what resolution are the videos? Not too worried about them but it would've been nice to have that info in the readme.

Wow. I just came to the Obsidian page for the 1st time in like..a month? Awesome that they finally released it. I STILL haven't finished KOTOR 2, because I was waiting for the patch (I bought into their whole "should be released in a few days" spiel), and then went on to new games. Going to have to reinstall now!

But I just got World of Warcraft 3 days ago. :)

Much to do and see!

Wow. I just came to the Obsidian page for the 1st time in like..a month? Awesome that they finally released it. I STILL haven't finished KOTOR 2, because I was waiting for the patch (I bought into their whole "should be released in a few days" spiel), and then went on to new games. Going to have to reinstall now!

But I just got World of Warcraft 3 days ago.  :wub:

Much to do and see!

Those Online games get old quick......but thats just me.

Not just you, I feel much the same way.

Anywho, can anyone tell me exactly what music files ARE mono 22khz?

Because all of those I've listened to so far are VBR 44.1Khz Joint Stereo.

I haven't listened to many of the transition pieces yet though.