JEBUS... HQ Media patch thingy on front page!!

Hey, i have totally forgotten about that patch(again). My bet for releasedate: Late september.

Heh, my prediction was almost on the spot >_<

Bleh, they've capped the download speed at a sluggish rate of 85kb/sec.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've got two problems with this patch:

1. The movies are at bigger resolution, but the interlacing is still there.

2. The audio quality is higher (176kbit compared to 10kbit) but it's still Mono at 22kHz :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bleh, they've capped the download speed at a sluggish rate of 85kb/sec.

Really? I downloaded it yesterday peaking at 700 kb/s. :D

Mine was running about 700 as well, so it may not be a cap on nVidia's end so much as the number of folks downloading at that time, or traffic on a particular ISP.

2. The audio quality is higher (176kbit compared to 10kbit) but it's still Mono at 22kHz :thumbsup:

About 2.

Depends on the song. Most of them are Stereo now (with 44kHz), just a few stayed Mono...

And I agree about the fact that the even with "Movie update" the movies aren't looking any better

Guest MacleodCorp

At home I could not download the files, for I use a dialup network. If I were to attempt a download on dialup, the numbers ranged between 17 to 20 hours for each file. Since I had to work on campus today, I was able to download them all in about three hours. It took two full CDs to store the movies, and a small portion of a third for the music. I would not recomend downloading them on dialup, or you will be fifty years old when they are done.

In closing, thank you Obsidian and LucasArts. Eventhougth they are not supported, I do thank you both for making them available. I can understand why it took time to release them, for they are so damn large. Wow... :thumbsup:;)

Edited by MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp
There's no pleasing this crowd  :lol:

Well, yes there is, its called a content patch and i think everyone will agree there, but i doubt it will happen and doing a content patch is the only way LA and OE to redeem themselves.

I don't think that is true. Look at the file sizes for these downloads. I think they redeemed themselves, and you can understand why it took so long.

1. Where are we going to make them available?

2. How do we get it to the public without rereleasing the game?

3. Who is going to bite the money on the bandwidth?

All understandable. When Morgan said they were large files, he was not kidding. If they released Patch 1.0b with these files, we would not have gotten any type of a fix. I am satisfied!

There's no pleasing this crowd  :lol:

Well, yes there is, its called a content patch and i think everyone will agree there, but i doubt it will happen and doing a content patch is the only way LA and OE to redeem themselves.

I don't think that is true. Look at the file sizes for these downloads. I think they redeemed themselves, and you can understand why it took so long.

1. Where are we going to make them available?

2. How do we get it to the public without rereleasing the game?

3. Who is going to bite the money on the bandwidth?

All understandable. When Morgan said they were large files, he was not kidding. If they released Patch 1.0b with these files, we would not have gotten any type of a fix. I am satisfied!

Well, i ain't satisfied, since once you see the movies once, you skip it...i know i do, so this high quality movies doesn't really improve anything for me and the music isn't all that anyway, so it always stays off.

I am only downloading it so i can get Kotor II completed, but only a content patch can do that. (ie. Official content patch or Gizka team content patch) which ever comes first.

2. The audio quality is higher (176kbit compared to 10kbit) but it's still Mono at 22kHz :o

About 2.

Depends on the song. Most of them are Stereo now (with 44kHz), just a few stayed Mono...

And I agree about the fact that the even with "Movie update" the movies aren't looking any better

Sorry, i reacted too quickly. Theme's and such are stereo (44kHz), i was unlucky enough to check those with mono (some battle-tunes).

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

jesus! I uninstalled the game THIS morning an d now I find Myself looking in the main page that the high quality path has been released today,... =]  DAMN....... ok Installing again.... :D

Oh ye of little faith =]

I'll stick around for the Restoration Project.

Yeh me too, i am sure they will do a much better job and they are doing it for the benefit of the product. :)

heh, suprised me too.

I can't believe it's actually happening. Even if it is 'disappointing' I've certainly been given a small dose of trust, even though there isn't anything to wait for any more except Team Gizka.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)