Farah's back!

julianw

Hopefully this one isn't as angsty as Warrior Within was.

I liked the new combat system and all, and the core gameplay of Sands of Time was intact, but why the hell did you have to make Sandmonsters that give off dust when they move around bleed Ubisoft? That doesn't make any sense now does it? Furthermore, what was up with the Prince not being witty and asceptic anymore, and him all cussing out his opponent in the first cutscene of the game (YOU BITCH!), and all the metal bikinis and what not.

As if all this wasn't enough, there was totally a

sex scene with the Prince doing the Empress of Time if you got the alternate ending.

What the hell were you think Ubisoft? :)

Hopefully this one isn't as angsty as Warrior Within was. 

I liked the new combat system and all, and the core gameplay of Sands of Time was intact, but why the hell did you have to make Sandmonsters that give off dust when they move around bleed Ubisoft?  That doesn't make any sense now does it?  Furthermore, what was up with the Prince not being witty and asceptic anymore, and him all cussing out his opponent in the first cutscene of the game (YOU BITCH!), and all the metal bikinis and what not. 

As if all this wasn't enough, there was totally a

sex scene with the Prince doing the Empress of Time if you got the alternate ending.

What the hell were you think Ubisoft?  :(

Hmm...maybe I should finish Warrior Within... >_<"

By the way, Farah...Hawt. You know, for a concept art piece.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I've seen better, plus 'hot' (I refuse to spell it your way) isn't the thing I look for in my action heros, or sidekicks. Why wear a hot breastplate in the super hot dessert then leave your guts exposed, and upper chest! That'd better be magical armor that focuses eyes to the boobs and arrows to the few metal bits. What did we catch her at a bad time, did she just find the grievesand thought it'd be cool to limp around with hot raw metal chaffing her pretty little polygon thighs or was I right and she's only half dressed?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Wow, that sounds horrid, glad I dodged this series...

Eh, I still liked the game, but those sorts of things tend to detract from what would otherwise have been a stellar title. I didn't trade it in, which is saying something considering I bought it almost as soon as it dropped, and could've some good store value for it.

I think the thing that was most grating though, when comparing it to Sands of Time, was they ditched the wonderful Middle Eastern sounding music in the first one for Metal in Warrior Within, it was all basically to draw the Linkin Park demographic to the game, which I don't think was needed.

It gives me hope for the new one that they've brought the guy who did the music for Sands of Time back on for this one. >_<

Unfortunately looking at the screens it looks like they've decided Sand Monsters still must bleed. Maybe they're actually people this time, rather than beings of sand, that would make more sense.

Guest Fishboot

Yeah, PoP:WW was Pandertown, population: a teenager. I just recently got it in a video card bundle and I haven't done much with it. SoT was a pretty fresh platformer, though, and the rewind bit removed the frustration factor from the gameplay without simply making it easy.

Maybe we just expect too much out of french developers? Lets all just lower our standards... There now instead of utyterly hating all the recent PoP's I think everything's grand, I'm going to go watch some baywatch translated to italian from german off a spanish bootleg...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I liked Warrior Within. Not as much as the Sands of Time but I still think it was an enjoyable game.

Of course I agree with most of the complaints aimed at WW. The angsty self-absorbed Prince, the horrid music and overall darkness of the game were some big steps down from the first.

This game looks a bit better though. Farah is a much better character than any of the female leads in WW. I hope I get to see some sarcastic yet witty and affectionate banter go back and forth between the Prince and Farah. Hopefully she can draw some of the old Prince back out.

Heaven help us if Farah has turned into a bitch queen.

I've seen better, plus 'hot' (I refuse to spell it your way) isn't the thing I look for in my action heros, or sidekicks. Why wear a hot breastplate in the super hot dessert then leave your guts exposed, and upper chest! That'd better be magical armor that focuses eyes to the boobs and arrows to the few metal bits. What did we catch her at a bad time, did she just find the grievesand thought it'd be cool to limp around with hot raw metal chaffing her pretty little polygon thighs or was I right and she's only half dressed?

that doesnt quite look like breastplate.........

looks almost like leather with metal plates over her boobs.......

as for the exposed flesh, if its leather, you answered your own question. if its not......

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Well, Ubi promised a new musical direction, inverted art direction(not that horrid dude), freeform movement in missions(from rooftops to alleys) and an enviroment ttrue to the games roots and also the kiddie-garnering maneuveres are considerably less blatant in this new PoP. I'm not going to buy it, but I consider making somebody else acquire it for their xboxes. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You seem irritable.

#1: I can't judge her personality by seeing a concept art pic.

#2: I'd like my sidekick to be a little easy on the eyes.

#3: Since when has female clothing in games made any sense?

#4: Hawt.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Bah.  I've boycotted the prince of Persia games ever since I couldn't figure out how to get back to the start after getting the sword in the first one. :blink:

Stuck at a game at 5 minutes in.  I suck. :wub:

You're missing out in some fun gameplay in Sands to Time and Warrior Within.

You could probably pick up copies for about 20$ now.

As for "cyborgs", I'm hoping that's the Prince as a demon or super sand creature as opposed to cyborgs... :lol:

You assumed correct.

*minor spoilers below*

The Prince of Persia makes his way home to Babylon, bearing with him Kaileena, the enigmatic Empress of Time, and unspeakable scars from the Island of Time. But instead of the peace he longs for, he finds his kingdom ravaged by war and Kaileena the target of a brutal plot. When she is kidnapped, the Prince tracks her to the Palace - only to see her murdered by a powerful enemy. Her death unleashes the Sands of Time, which strike the Prince and threaten to destroy everything he holds dear. Cast to the streets, hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that the Sands have tainted him, too. They have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him...

Two screenshots for the lazy clickers:

pop3065oc.jpg

pop3133sy.jpg

Haven't played WW myself, and now after reading some of the posts I guess I will skip it and go straight for the third installment. Hopefully they learned their mistakes and corrected them too.

Never played PoP. What's it like? :lol:

Only played Sands of Time myself. I must say the graphics, music and gameplay are all stellar in my humble opinion.

In the game, you could leap from cliff to cliff, walk on walls or even your opponent. Also with a magical dagger, you could slow down, freeze or reverse time during the game. Plus, the prince has got some nasty moves. You should try it since it's pretty cheap now.

Edited by julianw

The Prince of Persia makes his way home to Babylon, bearing with him Kaileena, the enigmatic Empress of Time, and unspeakable scars from the Island of Time. But instead of the peace he longs for, he finds his kingdom ravaged by war and Kaileena the target of a brutal plot. When she is kidnapped, the Prince tracks her to the Palace - only to see her murdered by a powerful enemy. Her death unleashes the Sands of Time, which strike the Prince and threaten to destroy everything he holds dear. Cast to the streets, hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that the Sands have tainted him, too. They have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him...

Ah yes, I saw that after posting. Is this going to turn into another Jak/Light Jak/Dark Jak thing?

sig2.gif