Plasma

Calax

Jack o'Neil was conveniently ignoring the logistic lift required to support weapons that throw solid projectiles around. I think those zats and jaffa sticks have an internal fuel source that self-recharges. No need to change clips, either. Kinetic weapons are also obliged to kick when being fired, making them require at least some strength and or training. A jaffa stick really is the proverbial idiot stick.

I only know plasma reactors from WH40K. Titans and spacecraft have them for energy. They also have plasma guns, bt they are slow to charge and dangerously unstable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey how about a virus or if yah can just grab one planet and push it in the way of the other, that's efficency.

Or gate weapons, gate a bit of random space into his brain or an actual piece of the local star into the upper atmosphere. Gate a bit of the planet further along the orbit to slowly rip the planet apart. Or stick a permently open gate in their ocean linked to another buch of guys you want to drown, one dies of thirst the other drowns! Or just leave an open gate in a deep cave open to space the cave would be a death trap and their atmosphere would be gone, fun fun.

Edited by Weiser_Cain

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Smallpox. Worked with indians. :))

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The ultimate weapon is cinnamon flavoured industrial alcohol.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A hydrogen bomb will work quite well. :)

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The temperature of our sun is 4000 K, which is exactly 3726.85 C. I don't know why I said it was 40 000C. It is still hot though

the corona is several million degrees... very hot stuff.

taks

The core is supposedly 15,000,000 degrees. Even hotter.

Wow, that's like really hawt. I mean, compare that to sticking your hand into the fireplace.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

A sharp stick would work too as there really haven't been many advanced in human flesh.

Good point.

Geddit?

-Elwood Blues

The temperature of our sun is 4000 K, which is exactly 3726.85 C. I don't know why I said it was 40 000C. It is still hot though

the corona is several million degrees... very hot stuff.

taks

The core is supposedly 15,000,000 degrees. Even hotter.

Wow, that's like really hawt. I mean, compare that to sticking your hand into the fireplace.

Well, there are a couple of things to consider here:

1) The core is several million kilometres from the surface of the sun, so you wouldn't be able to get there in the first place.

2) Even if you could, you would probably vaporise due to the extreme heat before you felt anything. You would simply cease to exist.

So sticking your hand into a fireplace would probably be less pleasant.

A sharp stick would work too as there really haven't been many advanced in human flesh.

Good point.

Geddit?

Fusion-drum-kit.jpg

Edited by DoubleX

The ultimate weapon is Exterminatus.

Now then... from what I can tell the Plasma acts like a fluid, and it's not very dense so it ends up not going anywhere unless it's encapsulated. Thus a Plasma weapon isn't exactly viable.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Plasma? Like the blood kind?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also, any "Plasma weapon" would just spew a buch of superheated radioactive gas which would diffuse and cool almost instantly, unless it formed around a fusion reaction, in which case it wouldn't stick to walls like globs of goo like the plasma rifle in Halo, it would simply vaporize everything within about 20 feet. Including the firer of the weapon.

Cool, huh?

Don't be such a Negative Nancy Lawman.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There's no such thing as an F-35; the newest next gen fighter is the YF-22.

That's ridiculously incorrect. The F-35 is the designator for the JSF, expected to enter service in two and a half years.

Also, the F/A-22 no longer carries the Y designator, as it's moved beyond the prototype phase. The Air Farce, if memory serves, has at least twenty (though I'm pretty sure it's more like fifty) active right now, and they're doing alright.

Edited by Commissar

Alright, there is an F-35, but it doesn't have lasers for anything other than anti-missile defense

PS

It is still refered to as YF-22

X is the indicator of experimental status, as in X-22

That's right, X is the experimental designator. Y, however, is the prototype designator. Since the F/A-22 is currently deployed and operational, it's no longer a prototype.

The designator was changed in 2002.

So, no, I promise you, it's not still the YF-22. It's the F/A-22, and has been for three years.

Most threads on The Way Off Topic fall victim to military talk. Well Plasma, you served us well. Sleep now, for your time has come.

I look to the sky, and say nothing.

To the ground at my feet, there was blood.

I said Jesus gon' be here

He gon' be here soon

Edited by thepixiesrock

Most threads on The Way Off Topic fall victim to military talk.  Well Plasma, you served us well.  Sleep now, for your time has come.

I look to the sky, and say nothing.

To the ground at my feet, there was blood.

I said Jesus gon' be here

He gon' be here soon

No they don't. In fact, this is the only one I've ever seen do it.

Stop with your lies. Your LIES!