Why did they bother?..

Sikon

Use a mod to recruit Bastila into the party, then see for yourself. (I copied Bastila's .utc file to override/p_disciple.utc and entered the Enclave Sublevel with a fresh character.)

The question is, if they never intended Bastila to be playable, why did they draw a unique icon and write a description for Battle Meditation? Like they didn't have anything tlse to do...

Edited by Sikon

more victims of the "overly ambitious" development cycle

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I made the mod myself for internal use, so I'm certain it didn't add new feats. :) And it cannot be leftover from KOTOR I as there was simply no feat or Force power called "Battle Meditation" there.

Actually there was. Bastila had that feat as standard in KotOR1, though it didn't do anything but sit in her feat list looking pretty. Here's a screenshot of it:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1327/ba...ditation8lf.jpg

The only thing you can "blame" Obsidian for in this case is to not have removed Bastila's creature template from the first game in the TSL data. :)

Edited by stoffe -mkb-

I made the mod myself for internal use, so I'm certain it didn't add new feats. :p And it cannot be leftover from KOTOR I as there was simply no feat or Force power called "Battle Meditation" there.

Yes there is, as proven by that screenshot. And Obsidian kept almost every peice of data from Ki. Except for items, areas, and source data.

Did you even look at the screenshot? It's a different Battle Meditation, with a different icon and description.

Yes, I looked at the screenshot. Yes, it is different, but as I said before, Battle Meditation is no longer unique to Bastila, so although I don't know where you found it, it's irrelavent, because it's obviously not used.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

How does it bloody matter if the qa didn't remove something not used in the game from the code? Does it hinder you process or ruin your game in some way? Tyst ny.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's just like Kreia and the PC's Bond Power

Or the PC's "Vision of dangerous encounters"

Or Kreia's Teacher Abbility

All 3 Feats impossible to "use" and always active as plot device...

Ummm...mentor and "force chain" does have gameplay uses.... :thumbsup:

Blast, beat me to it. For those of you that don't remember, whatever positive or negative effects (poison, force speed, etc.) are inflicted on Kreia affect the PC as well, and vice versa. That's an ingame effect of Force Bond. ;)

sig2.gif

How does it bloody matter if the qa didn't remove something not used in the game from the code? Does it hinder you process or ruin your game in some way? Tyst ny.

Maybe he's un undercover ESRB-person who wants to use cut content to make this game AO? :D

Blast, beat me to it.  For those of you that don't remember, whatever positive or negative effects (poison, force speed, etc.) are inflicted on Kreia affect the PC as well, and vice versa.  That's an ingame effect of Force Bond. :blink:

Yes, it has an ingame effect. Just like Battle Meditation. But you can't "activate" it, and they could also make it work without the Force/Feat list displaying it happens...

Which was the point I was trying to make...

(PS. The Negative effects are not copied, nor are some Force Powers, like Force Body or Force Heal)

It's just like Kreia and the PC's Bond Power

Or the PC's "Vision of dangerous encounters"

Or Kreia's Teacher Abbility

All 3 Feats impossible to "use" and always active as plot device...

Ummm...mentor and "force chain" does have gameplay uses.... :thumbsup:

Blast, beat me to it. For those of you that don't remember, whatever positive or negative effects (poison, force speed, etc.) are inflicted on Kreia affect the PC as well, and vice versa. That's an ingame effect of Force Bond. :huh:

No, actually, that's not what Force Bond does. Force Bond doesn't cause dexterity reduction due to sonic, or poison to both people. What it does is, when either Kreia or the exile uses a Force buff power (ie: speed, Battle Meditation), the other gets those effects. It's like the other person used the same Force power at the same time.